Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Closed Thread

Old June 13th, 2006, 02:20 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Most specifically, the thread for the discussion is probably this one:
http://heroscapers.com/community/sho...?t=625&start=0

And the question has been submitted to Hasbro already, which no one bothered to mention in this thread yet.

Again, as Malechi mentioned, we need to keep discussion at a minimum in this thread, linking to relevant threads of discussion to avoid confusion.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:24 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think sending another email is appropriate after they have no responded
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:46 AM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
quoted from the Parmenio thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
But in the future, if anyone wants to bring a discussion to the hasbro rules thread, please link to the already existing discussion so we don't duplicate conversation.
And that is a GREAT point, bunjee - posters should make a link to the thread discussing the rules issue.

I didn't get time to search for the thread, but I was wanting to see the original.
And lo and behold, he was shot down by every relaible rules source that posted, including Malechi. weird that he's in favor of bugging the designers and taking precious attention away from better questions now.

But that presumes an approach where we as a community feel that it is imprtant to ask GOOD questions, and not just send every possible question their way.

Heck, I'm sure we could ask LOTS of questions and get lots of emails to the customer service line if we collectively wanted..........
If submitting GOOD questions is not a important concern, than do you feel we should start making traffic for them?Seriously - it is a possibly- viable means of showing Hasbro there is interest in the game.

What is your approach as the handler of the Rules questions thread?
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:55 AM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
What is your approach as the handler of the Rules questions thread?
Quote:
As Hasbro's customer service form is available to anyone with internet access, it is not for us to say what questions are or are not submitted. It is very reasonable for us to try and develop a well phrased question regarding confusion about use of a power.
My approach is to develop as complete and clear a question as possible in order to minimize the impact on the designers time. I also hope that questions we submit will help to grow and develop the official Hasbro FAQ.

I certainly will not be telling people not to ask questions. I work at a school, in the technology office, I never, ever, ever refuse to address a question. I may force it to be restated in a clear and polite way.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:57 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Proposed wording:

Abilities Benefiting an Opposing Army

Is it possible to benefit from an opposing armies ability? More specifically, could the Roman Legionnaires Shield Wall ability be enhanced by an opposing Roman Legionnaire adjacent to them? Could a wounded Sacred Band figure roll the Sacred Band Defy Death 15 if adjacent to an opponent's Parmenio figure?

This would be obvious except for the precedence set by the Flying ability with disengage that Taelord has been ruled to have simply because the card lacks the statement that Taelord will take leaving engagement attacks.

Roman Legionnaires' Shield Wall:
When defending with a Roman Legionnaire, add 1 defense die for each other adjacent Roman Legionnaire up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Shield Wall power.

Parmenio's Sacred Band Defy Death 15
When an adjacent Sacred Band figure receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

The basis making this question valid is the face that in neither case do the abilities state 'friendly', 'your' nor 'you control'.

I did not add the Zettian Guards, as Jason is correct, the bonus would be nullified by engagement as they do not have a Special Attack ability.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old June 13th, 2006, 02:59 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I totally agree with Bunjee, questions indicate a source of interest. In many lines of work 1 of the primary considerations they ask is how much feedback they are receiving since higher feedback=higher demand/popularity. Having people decide on what is "Good" is a slippery slope. I believe that was th premise of 1984
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Proposed wording:

Abilities Benefiting an Opposing Army

Is it possible to benefit from an opposing armies ability? More specifically, could the Roman Legionnaires Shield Wall ability be enhanced by an opposing Roman Legionnaire adjacent to them? Could a wounded Sacred Band figure roll the Sacred Band Defy Death 15 if adjacent to an opponent's Parmenio figure?

This would be obvious except for the precedence set by the Flying ability with disengage that Taelord has been ruled to have simply because the card lacks the statement that Taelord will take leaving engagement attacks.

Roman Legionnaires' Shield Wall:
When defending with a Roman Legionnaire, add 1 defense die for each other adjacent Roman Legionnaire up to a maximum of +2 dice, for the Shield Wall power.

Parmenio's Sacred Band Defy Death 15
When an adjacent Sacred Band figure receives one or more wounds, roll the 20-sided die before removing that figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, ignore any wounds.

The basis making this question valid is the face that in neither case do the abilities state 'friendly', 'your' nor 'you control'.

I did not add the Zettian Guards, as Jason is correct, the bonus would be nullified by engagement as they do not have a Special Attack ability.
Malechi, I would like to see discussion of benefitting friendly figs included in this, as that would impact the Zettian and close the line of question as the cards are open as to who they benefit. This is noted in your closing statement about 'friendly', 'your' and 'you control'

Has anyone gone through the rest of the cards? I've been trying to address things on the boards and stalled at dw9k.

<edit>As far as I can tell on the remaining cards the special powers all include one of the qualifiers 'friendly', 'your', and 'you control'</edit>
Old June 13th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Malechi, I would like to see discussion of benefitting friendly figs included in this, as that would impact the Zettian and close the line of question as the cards are open as to who they benefit. This is noted in your closing statement about 'friendly', 'your' and 'you control'

Has anyone gone through the rest of the cards? I've been trying to address things on the boards and stalled at dw9k.
I am sorry. I have read that first paragraph 3 times and have no idea what you are referring to. Of course, it is late and probably just my eyes.

I did go through the rest, but only found examples of negative bonuses; such as the Marrden Hounds' Marro Plague affecting friendly figures as well as enemy figures. Only Sacred Band Death Defy 15 and Shield Wall seem to fit this question. Of course, it is late and probably just my eyes. Where have I seen that sentence before?

Zettians cannot benefit from this take on an ability.

Old June 13th, 2006, 03:24 AM

Sorry, let me clarify.

Can we add to the question something along the lines of:

Some cards (such as Paremenio, Roman Legionnaires, and DW9K) do not specify 'friendly' or 'you control' in their special powers. Can these powers benefit my teammates?

God, I reread that first paragraph you quoted and it is crap. I shouldn't be trying to write at this late time.
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:39 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
I think sometimes on this site we believe we are the center of the universe. What I mean by that is we are only 600 people in the world of Heroscape, do some on this board actually believe we are the only ones submitting questions? As bunjee pointed out it is a free service open to everyone. We as a community are not in control of anything that goes to Hasbro. If people on this board want to ask the same question a hundred times, as tacky as that is, it is a fact of life and one that nothing can be done about. I used to get a little fired up about giving Hasbro rules lawyering questions, but anymore I think if thats what they want to do, so be it. It is not mine nor anyone elses on this boards desiscion. And honestly how much time does it take to answer the question. 10 seconds at most.
Old June 13th, 2006, 06:46 AM

Augray is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
And honestly how much time does it take to answer the question. 10 seconds at most.
As I understand it, that actually depends. If it is a situation that hasn't come up before Chris at Customer Relations contacts Craig or Rob to find out the "official" answer. This is probably what takes time. Now in an ideal world this process would take a couple of hours not a couple of weeks. But, this is a big, probably not so efficient, corporation we are talking about here.
Old June 13th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Quote:
Sorry, let me clarify.

Can we add to the question something along the lines of:

Some cards (such as Paremenio, Roman Legionnaires, and DW9K) do not specify 'friendly' or 'you control' in their special powers. Can these powers benefit my teammates?

God, I reread that first paragraph you quoted and it is crap. I shouldn't be trying to write at this late time.
Good News: I understand what you mean now.

Bad News: I need to reread the Army Cards. When I went through them last night I was thinking in terms of abilities that could enemy assist figures, not in terms of assisting teammates! So, in that light, Zettians do fall into this question! I am going to reread the Army Cards to search out any more ambiguities of this nature.

Thanks for the clarification (and admitting you couldn't understand the sentence either - I actually went to bed after that thinking I was unable to comprehend it I was so tired!)

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's