Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 31st, 2009, 11:58 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Rules Team Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I'm not even sure that errata is needed. As I said above, I think wings as hit zones is just fine.
Well, maybe not errata per se, but I think people would like to know if it was a production error or not. Put another way, I think 'Scapers would want to know what the designers' intent was.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Old June 1st, 2009, 12:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
I'm not even sure that errata is needed. As I said above, I think wings as hit zones is just fine.
Well, maybe not errata per se, but I think people would like to know if it was a production error or not. Put another way, I think 'Scapers would want to know what the designers' intent was.

I dunno, maybe it's just me.
No. it's not just you so don't worry about that. We will work on this behind the scenes and see what comes up. But for now, either play them as is, or house rule as you see fit.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:44 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I kind of side with Grunge on this....the wings are not a huge deal. Trust Grunge when he tells you we all wanted consistency...but its really not game breaking or anything. Perhaps they have a major artery in those wings or something

The good news is you still can't hit their little mohawks on their helmets
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:25 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Not sure it matters, but it seems like ranged flying units (Dragons, Ulginesh, Protectors, Atlaga) have hit zones in their wings, which seems in part a game balance issue. This may not make the new kyrie consistent with the old kyrie, but it does make them consistent with the threat of ranged flyers. FWIW.
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think these cards need to be corrected before the wave is released, even if that means delaying the release until November or December.

Old June 1st, 2009, 11:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
I think these cards need to be corrected before the wave is released, even if that means delaying the release until November or December.

HERETIC!

or

We found a witch, may we burn her?
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:52 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

I would agree if there was an error that made cards unplayable. That is not the case here and in fact, I don't think this is really anybody's fault nor is it exactly a mistake in the classic sense.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old June 1st, 2009, 12:32 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Stay tuned for updates on Kyrie wing hit zones. There are some of us that think this should be errata'd to have the wings NOT be hit zones. Update will be forthcoming.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Not sure it matters, but it seems like ranged flying units (Dragons, Ulginesh, Protectors, Atlaga) have hit zones in their wings, which seems in part a game balance issue. This may not make the new kyrie consistent with the old kyrie, but it does make them consistent with the threat of ranged flyers. FWIW.
That was my thought. If Minions hide behind battlements, they can't shoot at you.
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

I would agree if there was an error that made cards unplayable. That is not the case here and in fact, I don't think this is really anybody's fault nor is it exactly a mistake in the classic sense.
I was just joking. My four sets are already ordered and hopefully will be here by the first week of July. I don't see a problem with the wings being hit areas. Cyprien's cape is a hit zone, after all.
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
I kind of side with Grunge on this....the wings are not a huge deal. Trust Grunge when he tells you we all wanted consistency...but its really not game breaking or anything. Perhaps they have a major artery in those wings or something

The good news is you still can't hit their little mohawks on their helmets
I think it's pretty important to have all winged creatures be shootable on their wings. If I was flying and Q9 Q-Gunned me in the wing, I'd have to take falling damage, to be sure. You BB gun a bird in the wing, and he's not flying much anymore.

The card fix, if it comes, does fix the consistency issue, but IMO they should leave it and errata all the OTHER winged creatures!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Thats what I was thinking don't compare them just to Kyrie compare them to all winged creatures. Then their hitzones suddenly seem reasonable.

Last edited by ElvenEnvy; June 1st, 2009 at 06:05 PM. Reason: grammar issue
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's