Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 18th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Israeli Independence

Being a fan of playing solitaire and solo, I've heard of the States of Siege series of solitaire games. This is the first game I've actually played, and this is the most basic version without any of the additional elements other games in the series have.

You have 5 Arab nations (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, and Egypt) with their own separate 4-space tracks leading to Jerusalem. The game begins with the counter for each nation on the furthest track. Each turn, you draw one card from an event deck. That card will tell you which counter(s) to advance or retreat. If a counter ever reaches Jerusalem, you lose. The card then tells you the number of offensive actions you can take, along with any die roll modifiers. An offensive action is simply selecting one of the counters and rolling a die. If you roll an adjusted number greater than the number printed on the counter, you get to push it back one space. Keep drawing cards until you either lose (a counter advances to Jerusalem), or until the deck runs out. You win the game if you go through the entire deck.

Although extremely simple, this game is more addicting than eating potato chips. I even placed an order for Levee en Masse.
I've looked at this series as well. I may try this one once my self-imposed game embargo is over.
I've never been a historical wargamer, as I much prefer fantasy/sci-fi settings, but I'll vouch for Victory Point Games. I thoroughly enjoy Legions of Darkness, which is their fantasy-themed State of Siege game.
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Israeli Independence

Being a fan of playing solitaire and solo, I've heard of the States of Siege series of solitaire games. This is the first game I've actually played, and this is the most basic version without any of the additional elements other games in the series have.

You have 5 Arab nations (Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, and Egypt) with their own separate 4-space tracks leading to Jerusalem. The game begins with the counter for each nation on the furthest track. Each turn, you draw one card from an event deck. That card will tell you which counter(s) to advance or retreat. If a counter ever reaches Jerusalem, you lose. The card then tells you the number of offensive actions you can take, along with any die roll modifiers. An offensive action is simply selecting one of the counters and rolling a die. If you roll an adjusted number greater than the number printed on the counter, you get to push it back one space. Keep drawing cards until you either lose (a counter advances to Jerusalem), or until the deck runs out. You win the game if you go through the entire deck.

Although extremely simple, this game is more addicting than eating potato chips. I even placed an order for Levee en Masse.
I've looked at this series as well. I may try this one once my self-imposed game embargo is over.
That's an odd thing to give up for Lent. . .

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:43 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

[QUOTE=Dad_Scaper;1921234]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith;1921139
I've looked at this series as well. I may try this one once my self-imposed game embargo is over.[/QUOTE

That's an odd thing to give up for Lent. . .
Not really...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, you'd know better than I, for sure. The people who I know observing Lent have given up sweets, or just soda, and that sort of thing. I do know one lady who claimed to give up her New Year's Resolution ("Be a better person"), but I think that was a joke.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 18th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Israeli Independence

How dare you. These types of war game are my Achilles' Heel because they are so dang hard to find, solitare or not; most of them are too complex for my tastes. Now that I have seen this, I want it really bad, but I have no money!

EDIT: $15+5 with the expansion? Hmm.... I will be picking that up sometime, so I'll bookmark the site. But I've got to pay off this new laptop first...

So..., anyone interested in a Chromebook? It's for sale! PM me for details.

EDIT 2: O_O There's a Trench Warfare 2-player on the site,

Last edited by MegaSilver; March 18th, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old March 18th, 2014, 10:21 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This weekend I picked up the last 3 Force Packs I needed in the Hoth cycle for Star Wars LCG. I tinkered around and built a deck for each of the 4 main factions. Today I got to actually play them. We only played a best 2 out of 3 with me on the lightside. I picked my Rebel deck that was focused on Hoth objectives and cheap speeder/fighter vehicles. Darkside drops Vader turn 1. This was a serious uphill battle that came down to the very last turn. The sith have TONS of removal which was making it very hard to keep anything out. Surprisingly though I was able to come with enough damage to seal my victory the turn before the Deathstar reached 12. The next game was another struggle that ended with Darkside winning. Our last game was very quick. He got out the Executor along with Palpatine and had every bit of removal he needed. I had a plan and thought Id be able to pull it off but Palpatine really changed how the rest of the game played out. Once all your units are focused and your facing down an unopposed Palpatine its very difficult to get back in game, especially if theres any Protect characters in play. We are really enjoying this game!! Cant wait to try out the newest Force Pack. From what Ive read the new cycle really changes how the Force struggle plays out.

Oh also I hope we get an official announcement soon but saw this on cool stuff:

Legendary: Villains
Description:
Expected Release: June 25, 2014. Date subject to change.

The Legendary universe gets flipped upside down! Play as Villains trying to take out the Heroes protecting the city!

15 playable Villains! 7 Hero groups! 4 Head Honchos! 4 Bodyguards! 8 new Schemes! New Agent, Trooper and Officer cards! New unique Bystanders!

Players can work both with and against other players to overcome the protectors of the city using the greatest Super Villains in the Marvel Universe!

The game will feature some of Marvel's greatest Villains, including Venom, Magneto and Thanos, as they go to battle against some of the most heroic characters in the Marvel Universe, including the X-Men, the Avengers and Spider-Friends!

Each Core Set comes with 500 playable cards featuring all original art

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old March 19th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Davidlhsl:

Its great to hear from a wargamer, which is something I used to be more heavily. Best of luck with your new toys, and thanks for the game descriptions.
You and me both! But you've seen my collection of old Avalon Hill games.
I got rid of my games back during the Purge of 199x when I realized I would never get any play out of them. What I never considered back then was that playing solo can be quite fun.

The one game I played the most because other folks found it fun was Gladiator. I also enjoyed Air Force, Flight Leader, and the first two scenarios of Squad Leader (never made it to the armor rules). And Tactics II was the game that served as the gateway for me, and that was fun to play as well.

And I loved the solitaire B-17. To show you how pathetic I can be, I'd staff the bomber with girls I had a crush on over the years. Then I'd watch them die in numerous ways, which is pretty indicative of my love life. Ok, TMI...

@chas: I do consider Memoir 44 an introductory wargame. One of these days, I should write an apologia and post it to the Geek explaining why I think some of the criticisms (esp. the "I have no cards!" complaint) fail to consider aspects where the design actually makes more sense than folks realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Yay, wargames! I still have my Ambush! collection in the garage.
They do say that a bird in the hand is worth two copies of Ambush! <insert groan here>

Quote:
Quote:
Israeli Independence

I really need to do this myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
How dare you. These types of war game are my Achilles' Heel because they are so dang hard to find, solitare or not; most of them are too complex for my tastes. Now that I have seen this, I want it really bad, but I have no money!

EDIT: $15+5 with the expansion? Hmm.... I will be picking that up sometime, so I'll bookmark the site. But I've got to pay off this new laptop first...

So..., anyone interested in a Chromebook? It's for sale! PM me for details.

EDIT 2: O_O There's a Trench Warfare 2-player on the site,
Did you see those counters for Trenches of Valor? They have the ranged die results printed on the counters! Awwww, that's so cuuuuute! I haven't played it.

And I gave D-Day another go and tried to incorporate more close combat. That worked much better for the Canadians, but they still lost 3-9.

Last edited by davidlhsl; March 19th, 2014 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Re-reading the Memoir 44, I seem to say the opposite of what I intended. Rewrite!
Old March 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That Legendary swap up expansion sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Well, you'd know better than I, for sure. The people who I know observing Lent have given up sweets, or just soda, and that sort of thing. I do know one lady who claimed to give up her New Year's Resolution ("Be a better person"), but I think that was a joke.
I'm trying to get rid of 5 things a day. Call it giving up hoarding.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2014, 02:31 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

IAmBatman: I hope you don't mean you're getting rid of 5 GAMES a day!
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nah, just things in general. Could be as small as a piece of paper (though when going through pieces of paper, I've never stopped at five). I'm hoping to move in December, so I want to condense as much as I can.

Haven't gotten rid of any games yet, though!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2014, 03:17 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Nah, just things in general. Could be as small as a piece of paper (though when going through pieces of paper, I've never stopped at five). I'm hoping to move in December, so I want to condense as much as I can.

Haven't gotten rid of any games yet, though!
Moving locally?
Old March 19th, 2014, 03:32 PM

Right now it's looking like Montgomery, Alabama. Still a bit up in the air, though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games