Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2018, 11:51 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
16 Card Mock Draft

Well met!

The 16 Card Snake Draft Format.

Snake Draft.
It's a draft where the positions flip flop every round. For example, if someone drafts first during the very first round, they'll draft last the following round, then they'll draft first again in the next round, and so on.

So, with 4 players drafting 1 card at a time, the order would be: 1234432112344321. Each player ends up with 4 cards (out of 16).

A major part of the fun, besides the game itself, is the draft. I thought it would be fun to hold a mock one. I'll lay out some Classic favorites, and anyone at any point (other than after himself) can draft a card for the mock player whose turn it is to draft.

Note: Each player may draft only 1 card from each tier.

The cards:

Tier I:
Braxas
Nilfheim

Moltenclaw
Charos

Tier II:

Frost Giant of Morh
Kaemon Awa
Master of the Hunt
Krug

Tier III:

Migol Ironwill
Sir Denrick
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Crixus

Tier IV (2 squads each):
Shaolin Monks

Horned Skull Brutes
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Anubian Wolves

Player 1: ????

Last edited by kolakoski; May 9th, 2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old May 9th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: 16 Card Mock Draft

Nilfheim is the logical choice for fist pick. Decent staying power, big attack for heroes and strong multi attack for squads mixed with heroes.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old May 9th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed. Braxas is lacking for targets.
Tier 2 & 3 look pretty even.
I like the Wolves in Tier 4 but I am shaky on my Squad'Scape.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

In this hero-heavy draft, I'll take the hero-killer.

Player 1: Nilfheim (Tier 1)
Player 2: Krug (Tier 2)

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Agreed.

Nilfheim
Krug
Mogrimm ?? Not sure. Denrick looks tempting and I love Crixus.
Wolves
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Play the part of Player 3, Tornado, and pick one. Mark which tier it's from, and keep it in line with the preceding picks, so that whoever plays the part of Player 4 (who will pick two in a row) knows what's available, and whoever picks for Player 3 next knows at a glance which tiers are still available. I suggest you use my formatting, but certainly improve it if you would like.

edit: Maybe we can also track who made which pick.

= =
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Nevermind, Tornado. I'll do it the way I'm imagining it, and we'll see if others keep it going.

Player 1: Nilfheim (Tier 1) (wriggz)
Player 2: Krug (Tier 2) (DS)
Player 3: Mogrimm (Tier 3) (Tornado)
Player 4:
Player 4:

We should remember that you can pick from any tier, provided you have not picked from it before. As I understand it.

= =
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:57 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Player 4: Charos (Tier 1) (Ollie)
Player 4: Kaemon Awa (Tier 2) (Ollie)

Avoiding being left with Moltenclaw and Master of the Hunt is the motivation there (assuming that I've understood what's happening and that I'm doing it right). Close call between Braxas and Charos.
Old May 9th, 2018, 06:01 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thought Process

Pick 4 is the best drafting position for this pool in my opinion.

~Dysole, who'd elaborate but doesn't want to influence picks much
Old May 9th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Player 3: Master of the Hunt (Tier 2) (rym)

MotH has a chance to do really well with what’s on the board. Huge risk/reward but that’s my kinda pick!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 9th, 2018, 11:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well, I'm not crazy about where this leaves Player 2. But here's what I've got:

Player 2: Braxas (DS)

Not thrilled, but I think it's the best choice left.

= =
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Well, I'm not crazy about where this leaves Player 2. But here's what I've got:

Not thrilled, but I think it's the best choice left.
well I almost paired nif with brutes for a tournament. Reliable 4/4 is solid regardless of no special powers. Also looks like player 1 is getting the frost giant regardless.

Player 1: Skull Brutus × 2 (wriggz)

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; May 10th, 2018 at 08:19 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion