Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 05:08 AM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Shredder - Public Playtesting

Hoping to get a test in for this today or tomorrow.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 11:12 AM
Silly Promo Pro, Dinosaurs are for Orcs

quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth

Awesome!

C3V is bringing back classic 'scape! / C3G is creating SUPER stuff for Heroscape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 2nd, 2017, 07:58 PM
A Sock (So, obviously, not a cat)

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Shredder

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Shredder(255), Bane(190), Merlyn(160), Invisible Woman(215), Katana(190) (1,010)
vs.
Star-Lord(250), Gamora(310), Groot(275), Rocket Raccoon(175) (1,010)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Custom
Units:
Shredder(260), Bane(190), Captain America(240),
Oracle(110) (800)

vs.
The Wrecking Crew (800)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Shredder brings a bit of Ares' flavor and chaos at a much lower point value. It opens up the door for some interesting team building,
on both sides. The attack boost and defense reduction can get nasty on both sides, so the units that are benefiting need to count. Shredder is a solid draft, and even though his Ruthless Counter Strike and Whirlwind Assault didn't come into play for me, they will obviously prove useful when they do based on past designs that have featured the powers. I feel Shredder is pretty accurate at 250 from what I played, but that could maybe come down by 10 if the luck isn't there.

Old July 2nd, 2017, 08:55 PM

quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth quozl is a man of the cloth

Thanks, Ark!

C3V is bringing back classic 'scape! / C3G is creating SUPER stuff for Heroscape!
Quote:
Old July 5th, 2017, 01:42 AM

Here are Lobster's tests:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl
NAME = SHREDDER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = NINJA
PERSONALITY = ARROGANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 250

ANTAGONIZING PRESENCE
All figures that are within 4 clear sight spaces of Shredder add 1 to their Attack number when attacking an adjacent figure and, if they are not Wise, subtract 1 from their Defense number when defending against an adjacent figure.

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT
Shredder may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack separately.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if Shredder is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.
Quote:

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shredder (250)

Army Test
Map: Broken Skyline
Units: Shredder (250) Elektra, Punisher, Hired Guns (730) VS. Nightwing, Raven, Superboy, Beast Boy, Beast Boy Pterodactyl (730).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: .
Units: Star-Lord, Cable, Deathstroke, Skrull Infiltrator (815) VS Hand Ninjas x1, Shredder, Gamora, Elektra (815)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: In the 1st game, I screwed up pretty royally, allowing my opponent to use Antagonizing Presence against me. Mostly that one was a complete failure for Shredder because they couldn’t keep up with the bonding for the Teen Titans. The second game was much closer and a lot of fun, although I felt hesitant to use Shredder because I didn’t want to move in and allow my opponent to get in the first attack with Antagonizing Presence. So he hung out in the back until I could time it. Barring my goofs on the 1st battle his cost seemed fine. When it comes to his draftability though, It just depends how much focus you want to put on Shredder, a casual gamer might not want to deal with the negatives of Antagonizing Presence. It is Shredder though so I’m sure he will see a lot of battles.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: First of all I thought for sure Shredder would be a 5 defense kinda guy, he can go down pretty quick, especially against range. Obviously Ruthless Counterstrike has to be taken into consideration there so I can see the 4 I suppose. I’m not a fan of Antagonizing Presence also, just my personal taste, but I can’t say I have any better ideas.

Quote:
Old July 5th, 2017, 07:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Is there any willingness here to change the aggravation power out for something else (I don't know what)? I kind of feel it is treading ground we just covered with Ares, but Ares is an event hero and Shredder having such a similar mechanic in a unique hero at a much cheaper price point just weakens the desire to use Ares to some extent. I also think that it would encourage me to draft him with non-thematic units. Making the Foot Clan 4/2 instead of 3/3 doesn't really seem to me as good of an option of making Superman 8/6 instead of 7/7. With his Man of Steel power he is still going to be blocking a lot of attacks while his 8 att. vs. -1 def. would be devastating on offense. I suppose if we give Beebop and Rocksteady some kind of defense powers (tough?) that would help limit the -1 def. impact on them they could remain good draft partners but we don't yet know what they will end up looking like.
Old July 5th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Shredder @250 points

Army Test
Map: Fulcrum
Units: Shredder, Hand Ninja x2, Elite League Assassins, Boomerang (700) vs Ninja Turtles (700)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Fulcrum
Units: Shredder, Hand Ninja x5, Azrael, Merlyn (1005) vs Scarlet Spider (Kaine), Robin (Dick), Catgirl, Nite Owl, Black Canary, Green Arrow (Ollie), Batgirl (Cass) (1005)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: One butt-kicking received, one butt-kicking handed out. Antagonizing Presence can really get nasty with Hand Ninja swarms, particularly when you're bonding said Ninja with units that can multi-attack or otherwise leverage the extra attack die. I'd love to see more testing with the Shredder, Hand Ninja, and either of the Unique Assassin Squads - Elite League and Man-Bat Assassins both seem like great choices (the Elite League didn't pan out that well for me, but I'm not convinced that there's not potential there).

He didn't really get personally involved until the endgame, in both matches, which felt very Shredder.

EDIT: Misplayed him with Merlyn in the second game (shouldn't have let him boost for or against the non-adjacent attacks). I'll run another game here.

EDIT TWO: Re-ran the game, paying a little more attention to the restrictions on Antagonizing Presence. Not sure how I messed that up, because I was on top of it in the first game. Anyhow, still a victory for Team Shredder, though by a smaller margin.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 92: Android of Atlas)

Last edited by Ronin; July 5th, 2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old July 5th, 2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Is there any willingness here to change the aggravation power out for something else (I don't know what)? I kind of feel it is treading ground we just covered with Ares, but Ares is an event hero and Shredder having such a similar mechanic in a unique hero at a much cheaper price point just weakens the desire to use Ares to some extent. I also think that it would encourage me to draft him with non-thematic units. Making the Foot Clan 4/2 instead of 3/3 doesn't really seem to me as good of an option of making Superman 8/6 instead of 7/7. With his Man of Steel power he is still going to be blocking a lot of attacks while his 8 att. vs. -1 def. would be devastating on offense. I suppose if we give Beebop and Rocksteady some kind of defense powers (tough?) that would help limit the -1 def. impact on them they could remain good draft partners but we don't yet know what they will end up looking like.
I just looked at Ares. He seems different enough. You just get 4 spaces with Shredder so you can play with that aura quite a bit to maximize its benefit. And I would much rather have 4 attacks of 4 than 1 attack of 8.

Quote:
Old July 5th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, Shredder's factional ties and Ares' love of cannon fodder Unique Heroes separate them quite a bit.

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Public Exclusive 92: Android of Atlas)
Old July 26th, 2017, 10:12 PM

1st test from Lazy Orang:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang
Okay, here's the first test:

Name Of The Playtest Units: Shredder

Army Test 1
Map: Sewer Labyrinth (because I had to) (no glyphs)
Armies:
Shredder, Elektra, Talia al Ghul, 3x Foot... erm, sorry, Hand Ninja (700 points)
vs.
Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, Michelangelo (700)

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Old July 27th, 2017, 08:22 PM

And here's the final:
Quote:
- Theme Test - Inconlusive, since this is clearly not the Shredder I know. I will say that he certainly has a Shredder-y vibe to him, though.
- Mirror Test - Pass, though two Shredders antagonising each other could be fun.
- Bonding Test - Pass - Ninja synergy is strong, but far from OP, and there are stronger Assassins out there.
- Synergies Test - Pass - see above.
- Power Check - Pass - while Antagonising Presence is very much stack-able with other attack bonuses, my attempt to exploit that ended in disaster for the Foot Clan, so I’m unconcerned.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass - Antagonising Presence results in fun games that are sped up, allowing Mr. Saki to play somewhat like a street-level Ares, and Ruthless Counter Strike is always a fun, vicious power.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - AP often hurts his side as much as his opponent, though it should be noted that he does come with a big target on his head. Be careful striking him with melee normal attackers, though - he'll really make them suffer.
- Drafting Test - Pass, though I'm not 100% sure how best to play him yet.
- Usage Test - Pass - while Whirlwind Assault never got used, I have no concerns about its usefulness, and his other two powers had a massive impact.
- Strategy Test - Pass - AP is incredibly strategic, and his other powers make him a very tactical fighter as well.

Army Test 2
Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies;
Shredder (245), Captain America (C3G), Masahiro Arashi, Lady Shiva, Black Bat, Tomoe Gozan (1,200)
vs.
Professor X, Silver Samurai, Gorgon, Marrow, Siryn, Angel (1,200 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Units’ Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

He’s a tonne of fun - while I have plans to design my own Shredder based on the one from the 2003, this one will certainly end up being a fun addition to my collection. 250 seems about right so far, but I couldn’t be absolutely sure about it - he seems more than a little swingy due to Antagonising Presence, Ruthless Counter Strike and a fairly low defence of 4 - scarily low for his price-level, really. It should be noted, though, that he cleaned up once and got wiped off the board once - not entirely sure what that says about him.

Quote:
Old July 27th, 2017, 08:23 PM

He's looking pretty balanced at 250 to me. What do the rest of you think?

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library