Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 5th, 2016, 10:36 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Only Tandros Kreel can Cleave the community.
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:54 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
I would claim that one of the great tragedies of the Heroscape story was the fact that we never got to see the final member of The Nine (the Elf Wizards) or the Raptorians.
Can you share any information about those two? I especially would like to know whether any artists had made sculpts or concept art, and especially what abilities were considered for the final Wizard.
Nukatha,
We had plans to grow many armies. I probably should stay away from specific card stats. We had not started the sculpts for additional elf wizards or the raptorians.
Old October 6th, 2016, 10:57 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
Oh! I want to change my question (or have both answered). How close were we to getting Penguins with Machine guns?
Trav11111,
That's funny. We had sketches. In the end we felt they were too silly.
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
How involved were you in Arena of the Planeswalkers?

I kind of picture the decision to not have commons as being the kind of thing you might want to avoid by taking things into your own hands....
I was involved, and yes our initial plans had common packs.
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtheMighty
^ I'm sure I can speak for anyone who's tried HS customs ever, we would love to hear how you would cost customs, and if you have a formula, or if there were any official formulas.
Hasbro owns the formulas.

Quote:
And, can we get a sneak peek at what Soaring Rhino is planning next?
Yes, my brother responded to this. We will be launching a video about our first game very soon!

Quote:
And, would you ever consider buying the licences to HS? Even if just to say that you have them? And what would you do with them?
Yes. If Hasbro would entertain this idea, there are many things I could do with the Heroscape brand...
For now, I need to start small and grow Soaring Rhino.

Quote:
And finally (last one, I promise*), in relation to the last one, would you ever consider reprinting older HS sets?
Yes. But the retail prices would be very high.
Old October 6th, 2016, 01:33 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd like to hear a little about Battleship Galaxies. How much was planned, what was the reason it didn't survive, do you truly feel the two fleets were balanced in the base game?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old October 6th, 2016, 02:37 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a silly question, but its one that I've debated with a few people. When you pronounce the name "Krug", do you have a short u sound like bug or a long u sound like dude? Btw, there is an excellent French champagne called Krug which uses the long u sound.
Old October 6th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
This is a silly question, but its one that I've debated with a few people. When you pronounce the name "Krug", do you have a short u sound like bug or a long u sound like dude? Btw, there is an excellent French champagne called Krug which uses the long u sound.
I also remember seeing a college volleyball player with that surname, but I don't remember if I even heard it spoken.
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I have to admit that I'm surprised and pleased to hear about even the vaguest possibility of a future for Heroscape. Because I've disliked Hasbro for its tight hold on its IPs, even when they have no plans themselves for development, I've been shaking my head at younger folks asking you about this since you opened this thread, not long ago. Hasbro has ruined the prospect of development for many a game such as my admired designer Richard Borg's Battle Cry 150, for example.

But if you have an in with them and can work something out in the future, hey, more power to you--and us all!
Old October 7th, 2016, 08:37 AM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I also remember seeing a college volleyball player with that surname, but I don't remember if I even heard it spoken.
If we are still on this topic, there's a player for the Boston Bruins named Torey Krug. His name was pronounced with the long "u" sound like dude. There's highlight videos on youtube where you can hear this particular name pronounced. His brother played college volleyball, so it's likely that this is the volleyball player you were thinking about. He had another brother who used to play for my local minor league hockey team.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old October 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

As much as possible, let's try to leave this thread for questions and answers, and not the chitchat that we are glad to have everywhere else.

I recognize that my own hands are not completely clean in this regard, but let's try anyway.

Thank you.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 7th, 2016, 11:39 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

Wait if it's possible to purchase the rights to Heroscape could we Crowd fund this? that way Craig or a public entity could own the rights and then any previous sets could legally be released for 3D printing, as well as reprinting, and continuation of lines? Then any sculptors who wish to produce further expansions could, instead of stealing miniatures from other games. I guess that would be my question to Craig, can something like this be worked out?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion