Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What does Valkrill mean?

From the Maddening mind-world of the Majora's Incarnation:
I've looked and looked across all my sources, but have found nothing except the word krill is Norweigan for "small fry of fish" or "food of whales". I don't understand the meaning of the name, because all the other Generals have names that mean something.

Utgar: Derivative of Utgard, the greatest castle-fort of the Norse giants, and enimies of the gods, the home of the demons attached to the World Tree.

Ullar: ancient god of Germanic paganism, Old English cognate meaning "glory", lived in a region of yews, where he became known as a bow-god.

Vydar: A metal band from Germany. No really: http://northernwarriors.blogspot.com...e-to-face.html
Also the name for one of the men that survived Ragnarok, blind god that defeated Fenrir in some of the legends

Einar: Derivative of Einherjar, the soul-warriors from Valhalla. Means battle-weary or lone fighters

Jandar: One of the names of Odin, major derivative from the old Norse word meaning "evenhigh", or equally high

Aquilla: Feminine version of Aquilo, or the latin word for "eagle". She was mentioned in the Thormun's journal article:
In my nightmare, I was a wolf. I felt as a wolf would feel, thought as a wolf would think. My senses stood on end; I could taste and smell even the slightest change in the air. From out of the sky soared a large and noble-looking bird, a mighty eagle, its wingspan 6 feet or more across. The eagle landed beside me, unafraid of my sharp fangs and formidable claws.
With eyes as pools of wisdom and insight, the bird looked over my dark and well-muscled canine form. It tilted its head as if to say, "Come, follow me." And then, with a graceful leap and a thrust of its powerful wings, the bird was once again airborn. I ran after it moving fast, very fast. We soon came upon a hidden spring, and the bird landed at my side. This was no ordinary pool of water; it was a wellspring, one I had never seen before.

(This is vision symbolism, the wolf being Thorian/Drake or just Jandar's forces, the eagle Aquilla, the wellspring is from the regions of the South, from the next part of the vision the snake is Utgar/Marro's treachery, and the blood of course warfare and the death of heroes)

Now, after this long and exhausting research, I come to find no definition of Valkrill, except that a part of his name means "slain warrior" (Val)

And also, sorry to have made such a long thread, I do research on the General's names because I am trying to create a good story base off of their origins.

Any insights? (Hoping for some designer help)

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old December 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What does Valkrill mean?

In Norse mytholgoy, "Rill" is the name of one of the rivers leading to Hell. I would guess that "Valk" is short for "Valkyrie", so perhaps it means something like the "Valkyrie's River to Hell"?
Old December 8th, 2010, 04:57 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Suddenly the "River of Blood" scenario makes more sense. Valkrill was predestened to fall. Valkrill's Gambit. The attempt to save himself? Or to distract the other generals while he put in motion the plan to have himself converted from Archkyrie to Valkyrie? I'll play the what if ideas.

Major, I had a few ideas on what was to happen in the HS storyline after wave 3.
Then We Only Try Compatability dropped it. If you want an outside source, I'll give you my story ideas. Unless your working on the prequel storyline. I haven't given that much thought.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:01 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

In Latin, "Valkrillere" means "Sorry we ruined Heroscape. The budget's tight and we were never really interested in helping the game."

Not sure why WotC picked that particular name, but I hope that helps.
Old December 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
In Norse mytholgoy, "Rill" is the name of one of the rivers leading to Hell. I would guess that "Valk" is short for "Valkyrie", so perhaps it means something like the "Valkyrie's River to Hell"?
It could also mean "Valkyrie of the River to Hell."
Old December 8th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think he’s the HeroScape equivalent of Navin Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrill
I don’t need an army to win. Well I'm gonna go and win then! And I don't need an army. I don't need any units. I don't need anything. Except this:
[picks up a Death Chaser of Thesk.]
And that's the only thing I need is “this”. I don't need this or this. Just this Death Chaser of Thesk... And the Death Knights of Valkrill. - The Death Chaser of Thesk and the Death Knights of Valkrill and that's all I need... And these Horned Skull Brutes. - The Death Chaser of Thesk, the Death Knights of Valkrill and the Horned Skull Brutes, and that's all I need... And these Mezzodemon Warmongers. - The Death Chaser of Thesk, the Death Knights of Valkrill, the Horned Skull Brutes and The Mezzodemon Warmongers... And this lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need, too! I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this! - Well what are you looking at?! What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something?!

Old December 8th, 2010, 03:55 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
I think he’s the HeroScape equivalent of Navin Johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkrill
I don’t need an army to win. Well I'm gonna go and win then! And I don't need an army. I don't need any units. I don't need anything. Except this:
[picks up a Death Chaser of Thesk.]
And that's the only thing I need is “this”. I don't need this or this. Just this Death Chaser of Thesk... And the Death Knights of Valkrill. - The Death Chaser of Thesk and the Death Knights of Valkrill and that's all I need... And these Horned Skull Brutes. - The Death Chaser of Thesk, the Death Knights of Valkrill and the Horned Skull Brutes, and that's all I need... And these Mezzodemon Warmongers. - The Death Chaser of Thesk, the Death Knights of Valkrill, the Horned Skull Brutes and The Mezzodemon Warmongers... And this lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need, too! I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this! - Well what are you looking at?! What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something?!
The Jerk, FTW!
Old December 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
In Latin, "Valkrillere" means "Sorry we ruined Heroscape. The budget's tight and we were never really interested in helping the game."

Not sure why WotC picked that particular name, but I hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_bulletin message
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
Darn! It was so funny!

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd say it is clearly a terrible combination of Valkyrie and Kill. He exists to basically be chaos and destroy Valhalla and all those in it.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old December 8th, 2010, 07:27 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
...krill is Norweigan for "small fry of fish" or "food of whales"...
"slain warrior" (Val)
Slain warrior fish!
Old December 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

WotC chose that name because it means "We're putting Heroscape in a shoebox and sending it down the river into Hell."

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old December 8th, 2010, 08:16 PM

Juniour is surprisingly tart

Ok guys lets be serious, Ive done some research and I think I got it...
Val probably stands for Valkyrie, which is the staple of heroscape
Krill just sounds like Kill
So pretty much when combined it means Kill Heroscape, hope that helps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion