Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old June 9th, 2020, 03:01 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'd say Large 5 for the size.

The attack on the Special Attack should be 4 + Special.

I'm digging it!
Updated with those changes
Old June 9th, 2020, 03:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Like where this is at. Now we just need you to do some playtesting to earn some points and design it
Old June 9th, 2020, 04:35 PM

reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness reverie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fair enough!
Old June 9th, 2020, 06:11 PM

Not sure if anyone is working on this one already, but I had a thought for the Police Cruiser...

Quote:

NAME = GCPD CRUISER
DESIGNATION = VEHICLE DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECT

COVER = PARTIAL COVER
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON VEHICLE

OCCUPANCY = 2
SIZE/HEIGHT = Large 4(?)

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 7
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

CALL FOR BACKUP
After moving this GCPD Cruiser, you may move any number of Lawmen you control up to 5 spaces each. Any Lawman moved this way must end its move adjacent to this GCPD Cruiser.

POLICE SCANNER
While a figure occupies this Vehicle it has the Class of Lawman in addition to whatever is printed on its card.
Call for Backup was taken from Commissioner Gordon and I'm not totally sold on it working as well with the Cruiser, but I think something at least similar would be good.
Old June 9th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I've kinda like a High Speed Chase power. Maybe something like this.

Anytime an opponent moves a Vehicle 7 or more spaces, you may immediately move this GCPD Cruiser up to 3 spaces.
Old June 9th, 2020, 06:38 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea of something that’s kinda the opposite of Call For Backup. So after moving the cruiser, an occupied Lawman can exit and move X number of spaces. I think it’s a cool way of getting across a cop hopping out of the car and chasing someone down.

A High Speed Chase power would be cool too!
Old June 9th, 2020, 07:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Not sure why a bad guy stealing a Police Car should become a Lawman.

This is what I had (though it was designed when we were under the old VDO rules, so it might need some wording revisions):

NAME = POLICE CRUISER

VEHICLE
SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 3?

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 9
DEFENSE = 7
OCCUPANCY = 1

ARREST WARRANT
After moving the Police Cruiser, if a figure you control is the only figure occupying this vehicle, you may choose a small or medium figure adjacent to the Police Cruiser that is not an Event Hero or Destructible Object and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, place the chosen figure on this card. A figure placed in the Police Cruiser this way will not cause the Police Cruiser to be destroyed. The chosen figure is considered to be occupying the Police Cruiser, but may not control the Police Cruiser, or move, attack, exit the vehicle, or use any special powers on its Army Card or any glyphs while occupying the Police Cruiser. At the end of each round, roll one combat die for any figure you do not control occupying this vehicle. If you roll a skull, the Police Cruiser receives one wound and the player controlling the chosen figure may place it on any empty space within 3 spaces of the Police Cruiser.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 9th, 2020, 07:21 PM

The theme reasoning behind the Police Scanner power was that, having access to a police scanner, whoever was in the vehicle would know what was going on with law enforcement and would therefor be able to function (move) as a lawman (mostly for bonding purposes). Also, it's usually a safe assumption that people in the front seats of police cars are police officers (though of course they may not be!). Once they're out of the vehicle they would no longer have the appearance of being police officers or have access to the scanner (or have the Lawman class).

I think all three of those power suggestions are interesting.

For the High Speed Chase power, my only concern is it would be too niche. I wonder if there are many more VDOs likely to be released that would trigger this? Right now it would only apply if someone had the Sports Car in their army. I imagine some other fast, super hero themed vehicles (eg Batmobile, Invisible Jet, etc) will be released, but having the police car focused on chasing down super heroes doesn't seem ideal. I can see it, though.

I like the idea of a Lawman jumping out of the car to chase down a perp and/or attack.

The arrest power is cool, too. I feel like maybe it should interact differently with SS figures than to those without SS?
Old June 9th, 2020, 07:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe something like the Police Scanner Utility Glyph? The person in the car is informed of police movements and actions, and can use that to take action themselves, but they don’t suddenly become buddies with the police.

I like the idea Bats had about being able to lock somebody up, but I don’t know how useful it would be in practice. Could be saved for something like an unmarked van, with an abduction theme.
Old June 9th, 2020, 08:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Maybe something like the Police Scanner Utility Glyph? The person in the car is informed of police movements and actions, and can use that to take action themselves, but they don’t suddenly become buddies with the police.

I like the idea Bats had about being able to lock somebody up, but I don’t know how useful it would be in practice. Could be saved for something like an unmarked van, with an abduction theme.
I like both those thoughts.

If we went with an arrest power, I'd for sure want to try to simplify it a lot and, yeah, make SS figures resistant (probably instead of Event Heroes).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 10th, 2020, 12:44 PM

I was thinking about what is going to help Lawmen. A movement power makes a lot of sense for the Cruiser but there is a fair bit of movement for that class already, with Gordon, Stone, and Hershey. Something like the Utility Glyph Police Scanner's power would be great for theme, but I don't know if there is a role for moving around a couple Lawmen figures, which are relatively cheap and ineffective. I see utility in making other figures bond with Lawmen, but from a theme perspective moving around non-Lawmen is not a good primary use for a Police Cruiser. I'm kind of liking this direction...
Quote:
CALL DISPATCH
If this GCPD Cruiser is within 7(?) spaces of an opponent’s figure, instead of moving this GCPD Cruiser you may place a previously destroyed Common Human Lawman figure in your Deployment Zone.
Something like this would go well with the Beat Cop's Protect and Serve power, and I can see it in a SWAT build featuring Stone or Hershey.
Old June 10th, 2020, 02:31 PM

That's pretty cool. Kind of an implementation of the Glyph of Reinforcements.

I still like the concept of being able to "arrest" enemy figures with it, but possibly too tough to implement in a fighting game.

One thing that might make sense for a police cruiser is some sort of criminal intimidation aspect. If they're there with their lights flashing, criminals might be a bit more squeamish/prone to fleeing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy