Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 23rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99 View Post
I'm assuming the point total for the event is 460?!

Put me down for attendance with at least 2 others.
It is 460. And Dnutt is attending, so party time!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old August 23rd, 2010, 10:56 PM

tshill12 Woo who?

Here's a couple ideas I had, including some variations of ideas that have already been suggested:

Braxas/ Greenscale x2/ Kaemon Awa/ Isamu
Braxas/ Greenscale x2/ Raelin/ Marro Warriors
PK x3/ Sir Dupuis/ KMA
Q9/ Kaemon Awa/ Raelin/ Rats x2

Only one Q9, but no D2. I don't have much face time with any of the new stuff and I'm not creative enough to imagine their potential with out actually playing with them. Maybe between now and the big day...

I have kind of a nit picky question that probably has no bearing on anything but I was thinking about: what if two people bring the same army? Could you potentially play the same army twice if you played the one you brought and then you drew the number of a matching army? Or would you re-draw since you are supposedly not playing the same army twice?
Old August 24th, 2010, 02:54 AM

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've thought of that. For simplicity's sake, you would play the army. In this case, the same army correlates to the assigned number the army has, not the content of the army. You will only play Army # 8 once, even if Army #12 has the exact same build.

Old August 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

RV, tshill12 was part of my "+2", so you can drop me down to "Killometer +1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshill12 View Post
it's fun to try and make an army that's so solid it doesn't matter who plays it. You've got to make an army that basically plays itself. Everyone get your Q9 counters ready because I'm sure he'll be showing up in force!
I'm predicting lots of Raelin, and lots of top-tier bonding units-they're strong, and they're easy to play.

I also had another army idea that I don't think would be particularly interesting to play, but would force some fun pre- and early-game decisions.

4th x4
New Drake
Isamu
460/18

If you draw this army, do you play Isamu, or sit Isamu? I think that if I drew it to fave a Knight army, I'd definitely play him, and send him out as a first round kamikaze asassin, but if I was going against something like Vydar Range I'd sit him for the extra defense die. Alternatively, if you were facing him, would you let him run amok through your ranks (but only giving up 1 attack per OM), or would you try to take him out to protect your heros (but end up giving your opponent another defense die)?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old August 25th, 2010, 02:21 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Carnival man goaded me into starting a 460 Point Army thread.

Old August 25th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Reigning Nor-Cal Champion

Menchi has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Nilfheim - 185
Greenscales x 3 - 365
Raelin (RotV) - 445
Isamu - 455
~ 13 hexes
For what it's worth, this is basically the army that beat me in match 5 of Day 1 and who I barely scraped by against in match 1 of Day 2 of the main event at GenCon.
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:59 PM

What does everyone think about doing a "bring-a-prize-take-a-prize"?

It would be strictly voluntary, and anyone interested would just bring a HS booster, or something equivalent, then at the end of the day everyone who brought something would get to make a selection from the pile, picking the order they placed (1st place picks first, 2nd place picks second, etc.).

Economically, it's a 1:1 exchange, so really nobody would really be gaining much, but at least it would feel like you won something at the end of the day. Plus, some people might have older stuff stashed away that they want to move, giving some of the newer players a crack at units they might have a hard time getting otherwise.

As far a logistics go, I have no problem being the one to keep track of who's taking part, so that it's not another burden on you as td, Ronin (assuming that I'm able to make it ).

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:03 PM

With GrungeBob and R˙chean securing prize support the last few years for NHSD, my policy has always been to divy up the spoils for the top tourney finishers, and have a couple of juicy "Roll-a-d20" giveaways on hand for everyone else present to have a chance at.

I will mention now that I have a Wave 1 Heroes pack, and a D2 Heroes pack, both unopened. I had not yet decided on whether or not I would be donating them as prizes or not. Because they are Hero packs, I think it's better they go to someone who does not have them rather than become doubles like they are for me.

So, as for a prize swap? Well, I won't say one way or another without seeing what kind of interest the rest of you have. So far I've always thought keeping NHSD here in Nor-Cal a no cost event is the way to go.

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
So far I've always thought keeping NHSD here in Nor-Cal a no cost event is the way to go.
I've always like that about the events here (it makes them so much more appealing to casual players ), that's why I suggested keeping it voluntary.

And whatever people think about it, I won't be offended. I just thought I'd throw it out to see what kind of reaction the idea gets.

Old August 25th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
So far I've always thought keeping NHSD here in Nor-Cal a no cost event is the way to go.
I've always like that about the events here (it makes them so much more appealing to casual players ), that's why I suggested keeping it voluntary.

And whatever people think about it, I won't be offended. I just thought I'd throw it out to see what kind of reaction the idea gets.
Or most of the adults could bring wave boosters & then every kid under a certain age (16?) can have a door prize no matter how they roll during or after the tournament...? If there are unclaimed extras then they can go back to the original owners who brought them.

(Oops) thanks for the 460 thread...I didn't leave too big a hint did I?

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; August 26th, 2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: not paying attention
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:30 PM

My +1 will be attending whether I can make it or not, so you can drop the +1 next to my name and add Jason to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
RV: thanks for the 460 thread...I didn't leave too big a hint did I?
You mean Km? No, you were subtle, real subtle.

Old August 28th, 2010, 01:29 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just got around to putting everything away from the Draft Tournament and discovered that I was short one Greater Ice Elemental. Could everyone check to see if they accidentally picked it up. It will have the initials CHM on a label on the bottom.

Thanks,
~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day