Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old March 22nd, 2021, 07:43 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Post Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Moving forward, I’ll post a version of the below as figures near their design completion.

Hello, welcome to the Halls of Fiction, where we workshop custom figures from all fictional sources with few exceptions to become Heroes of Fiction. Displayed here.

Exception 1: We will not create figures that already have a dedicated thread for, such as from the Star Wars or Pokemon franchise.

So how does it work? Contributing to the thread adds you to the Design Lead list. We all work on the figure, but the Lead decides the hero or squad and dictates the overall direction. By all means make suggestions and even counter points, but the Design Lead breaks ties.

Once chosen as Lead, you have two weeks to come up with a design. If a design isn't presented by that time, the next person in line becomes lead and they get their two weeks.

Deadlines are always on a Friday.

two weeks consecutive of no interaction, or three weeks with only one member interacting, triggers a two week expiration warning.
Interaction extends deadlines for a week, as do holidays.

Thumbs up emojis ( ) from three participants approve actions. Two thumbs down emojis () veto actions. Any participant may vote. Post Icons don't count.
There’s pretty much no limit to what can be voted on this way.

Designs are voted on using the above methods

Current design list:

@SirGalahad
@Tornado
@Sir Yeshua
@Ericth74
@Zetsubo
@Knox
@JC McMinis
@Taeblewalker
@machinekng
@McHotcakes
@Confred
@CJtheMighty
@Barry allen
@Dysole

Officers:
Project Manager: Confred
Card Artist: JC McMinis
Design Lead: Rotates

Officers are volunteers who help keep this project alive and may be replaced due to lack of interaction, poor conduct, or any other reason. Use the voting process as described above.

Project Manager keeps track of progress timers, moderates this thread, curates the design list, a reminds players of turn order/etc.
Card Artist renders final cards and curates the display thread linked above.
Design Lead chooses the unit to develop, breaks ties, and overrules design decisions without need for thumb emojis.

Errata: It's not often, but sometimes units need to be reworked. We do that here.
There's currently no officer responsible for moderating that thread.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old March 22nd, 2021, 08:48 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like the changes you are implementing. Keeps from stagnation. Also like that the peeps stay in rotation even if they have a temporary leave of absence to address otherworldly priorities. I like this project, it has to plenty of interesting picks and designs. Keep up the good work guys.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 22nd, 2021, 11:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Query

A couple people on that list haven't been on the site in a year or more. I don't feel like we should wait two weeks for someone who hasn't shown up in that time frame. Otherwise I'm good with it.

~Dysole, who might look into moderating the other thread if she can figure out what that would entail from her
Old March 23rd, 2021, 12:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
A couple people on that list haven't been on the site in a year or more. I don't feel like we should wait two weeks for someone who hasn't shown up in that time frame. Otherwise I'm good with it.

~Dysole, who might look into moderating the other thread if she can figure out what that would entail from her
Wouldn’t be a bad idea to remove folks from the list if they haven’t been on in “x” amount of time. Cause that is a great point. Part of why I stopped contributing here as much were from stagnated designs that I didn’t have a lot of knowledge about that the folks that started them stopped working on. I like to see projects like this thrive even though I don’t have as much time for customs design at the moment.

Old March 23rd, 2021, 12:56 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I know it's been a while since I've posted here, but I have been lurking and I like what I see. I'll try to be more useful with feedback about designs in progress.

Old March 23rd, 2021, 01:01 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Lurkmenistan

Yeah I don't mind about people lurking but if they haven't been on the site in a year I don't feel like waiting around to see if that's when someone is gonna show up. I'm even feeling like a couple months absence it's still reasonable to have that gap but beyond that it feels like it would unnecessarily slow down the process.

~Dysole, clarifyingly
Old March 23rd, 2021, 01:54 AM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like a great revamp post. Clear and concise expectations.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 02:41 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I know it's been a while since I've posted here, but I have been lurking and I like what I see. I'll try to be more useful with feedback about designs in progress.
Yeah, lurking is definitely a big difference from not visiting the site in months. Even though I don’t help as much here as I did awhile back, I still check in from time to time to see how things are going and what cool stuff has been come up with.

Old March 23rd, 2021, 06:50 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

When it's the turn of an inactive member to lead any participant may move to pass or even remove them from the list.
Three thumbs passes
Two thumbs veto
The inactive member may notice and join in the discussion. Any participant may cancel/recall their thumbs by submitting the reverse of their previously posted thumb emoji. (Which does come up when finalizing designs and a broken element is discovered)

Old March 23rd, 2021, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Is this the third thumbs up for Wynonna or for the policy document?

Old March 23rd, 2021, 07:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wynonna

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum