Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old December 25th, 2020, 08:07 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

My apologies for not being here for most of this one. Real life and then prepping for the holidays has kept me busy. I like where she is going. Will wait to see when Dysole post next draft to give feedback.
Old December 29th, 2020, 11:25 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any discussion on the second power while we wait for Design Lead direction. If you don't know the character, you may still participate. What do you feel about the functional effect of the power? The effect it'll have on the game? How interesting the design would be if progressed?

Deadline is Jan. 15, 2021.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old January 4th, 2021, 06:03 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Trivia: Wynonna Earp is Mrs. McMurray from Letterkenny

Old January 4th, 2021, 11:21 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post

EARP HEIR CURSE v3
When placing order markers, each player must place their Order Marker 1 on the Army Card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkril.

Due to the strategy warp this power creates, Points should perhaps increase from 45 to 60.
I like this idea. Having her in play kind of stirs up the hornet's nest as it were.
Old January 5th, 2021, 12:55 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Meh

I dunno. I don't really buy the theme.

~Dysole, not opposed to the power but just not sold on what exactly it's representing
Old January 5th, 2021, 08:17 AM

Re: Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I dunno. I don't really buy the theme.

~Dysole, not opposed to the power but just not sold on what exactly it's representing
Shoot up your alternatives design lead

Old January 11th, 2021, 03:53 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cursed Thoughts

So the curse does kinda create the dynamic you're talking about where she has to fight them and the Earps are kind of a whole locus for evil. So I think I can run with the idea but I'd probably reflavor it like this. (I'm using that specific language so that the effect goes away when she dies or is mind controlled)

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

While Wynonna Earp is in your army and not destroyed, if any opponent has an Utgar or Valkrill figure in their army you must place at least one numbered Order Marker on this card. All opponents must place at least one numbered Order Marker on an Utgar or Valkrill card if possible.

I'm also thinking that there isn't a "remove from the game" power so it'd probably be better to do this.

PEACEMAKER GUN

When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure may not roll defense dice and if it takes enough wounds to be destroyed must be placed on this card. Figures other than Wynonna Earp placed on this card may not be returned to the battlefield by any special power on any Army Card or Glyph.

That way it stops Zombies revival, Sturla, and the VC Skeletons.

~Dysole, who'd be pretty happy with this card
Old January 15th, 2021, 10:52 AM

I'll give a more detailed response later as I'm on my phone away from home base.

Curse:
1) Don't need to specify it doesn't work when she's destroyed because no powers work when destroyed. Exceptions to that rule would be written on the card.
2) I like the curse affecting you also because her questionable bedfellows do double-cross
Gun:
3) Having enough wounds to kill is major power nerf. Mechanically, it wasn't overpowered. This leads to forgot question: Does she ever hit her target and it not banish?

Old January 15th, 2021, 01:13 PM

Balance

Particularly powerful foes in later seasons were able to take more than one hit. She shouldn't be able to one shot Cyprien. With height though she can kill him in as little as two hits which sounds about right.

Yeah not destroyed doesn't need to be in there. My brain was thinking about a different figure that can return to its card which has that language.

And yeah because of the curse something is always stirring up something and she or one of her allies have to go fix it.

~Dysole, clarifying
Old January 16th, 2021, 11:21 PM

There's a functional change with curse from Order Marker 1 to any numbered order marker. Is that intentional?

Old January 16th, 2021, 11:27 PM

Couple Reasons

Flexibility. Strategy. It's no guarantee in the show when something bad is going to happen just that it will and Wynonna will have to take care of it.

~Dysole, not feeling like OM 1 is that much more thematic than any OM
Old January 17th, 2021, 11:12 AM

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR
When placing order markers, opponents must place a numbered order marker on any Army Card of their Utgar or Valkrill figures, if possible and you must place any order marker on this card.

PEACEMAKER GUN
When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice. For the duration of the game, figures destroyed with Peacemaker Gun cannot be placed on battlefield.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum