Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old December 9th, 2020, 09:42 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm

That is highly tempting. The curse definitely has weighed over the series for the first 3 seasons before being lifted and Season 4 has kinda dealt with the aftermath of that. So yeah, given how huge it is that does feel like we want it represented. Lemme mull a couple other ideas and I'll be back.

~Dysole, contemplatively
Old December 13th, 2020, 05:17 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Updated Idea

So there are two ways to do this.

One would be to make a generic version of what you say (I don't like the take a turn because that could lead to all sorts of wonky rules questions) or we can go off of the idea that the revenants rise again once the heir is killed.

Option 1.

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

Before taking a turn with Wynonna Earp, choose an opponent. That opponent may move an Undead or Demon figure they control. At the end of that movement, that figure must not have more spaces between it and Wynonna Earp than when it started the turn.

"Closer" isn't defined in Scape language which is why I have the oddball wording. I also used turn because there are figures that can take turns with Wynonna without her needing an OM. Also, if we want to make it so all opponents can move figures just change it to.

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

Before taking a turn with Wynonna Earp all opponents may choose an Undead or Demon figure they control. They may then move that figure. At the end of that movement, all figures must not have more spaces between them and Wynonna Earp than when they started the turn.

Option 2.

PEACEMAKER GUN

When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure may not roll defense dice and if it takes enough wounds to be destroyed must be placed on this card.

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

Once Wynonna Earp is destroyed, any player who has a figure on this card may place that figure on an empty space adjacent to a figure they control. Any wound markers that were on that figure's card are removed once they are placed.

~Dysole, who might need to clean up some wording but that could make things real interesting army wise (and even lead to some games where you might want to shoot your own undead to put them on the card. She actually did team up with the revenants at one point so that's not unusual. There wasn't any strategic killing but that's also because the only time she "died" in series she was still on the opposite side but the revenants did come back when that happened)
Old December 14th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Updated Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So there are two ways to do this.

One would be to make a generic version of what you say (I don't like the take a turn because that could lead to all sorts of wonky rules questions) or we can go off of the idea that the revenants rise again once the heir is killed.

Option 1.

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

Before taking a turn with Wynonna Earp, choose an opponent. That opponent may move an Undead or Demon figure they control. At the end of that movement, that figure must not have more spaces between it and Wynonna Earp than when it started the turn.

"Closer" isn't defined in Scape language which is why I have the oddball wording. I also used turn because there are figures that can take turns with Wynonna without her needing an OM. Also, if we want to make it so all opponents can move figures just change it to.

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

Before taking a turn with Wynonna Earp all opponents may choose an Undead or Demon figure they control. They may then move that figure. At the end of that movement, all figures must not have more spaces between them and Wynonna Earp than when they started the turn.
I think I like bonding approach, I think I also like the scaling difficulty with more players

Quote:
Option 2.

PEACEMAKER GUN

When attacking a Demon or Undead figure, if Wynonna Earp rolls 2 or more skulls, the defending figure may not roll defense dice and if it takes enough wounds to be destroyed must be placed on this card.

CURSE OF THE EARP HEIR

Once Wynonna Earp is destroyed, any player who has a figure on this card may place that figure on an empty space adjacent to a figure they control. Any wound markers that were on that figure's card are removed once they are placed.

~Dysole, who might need to clean up some wording but that could make things real interesting army wise (and even lead to some games where you might want to shoot your own undead to put them on the card. She actually did team up with the revenants at one point so that's not unusual. There wasn't any strategic killing but that's also because the only time she "died" in series she was still on the opposite side but the revenants did come back when that happened)
Having them return negates her strongest power. Tough call. Feels like it would then need to have pass down heir effect that grants peacemaker gun, but not only would this take word capital but it would miss the mark with the spirit of character. Even though it makes sense to pass down, her role isn't to die and promote somebody else.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 15th, 2020, 03:54 PM

Fair Enough

Yeah, I think going with Option 2 of Option 1 is our best call. I'm happy with that power set.

~Dysole, happy to make this work
Old December 17th, 2020, 02:41 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Do we want to extend one (curse) or both of her powers to affect Utgar / Valkril figures instead of focusing on toes?

Old December 17th, 2020, 04:13 PM

Worth Noting

She's definitely used the gun on non Demons/Undead (some of them could have been Utgar/Valkrill but a couple could've been arguably Vydar) but the auto kill effects were only on Demons/Undead. I'm fine with her being niche but Demons and Undead need to be the only ones with the banishing power. As for the Curse affecting Utgar/Valkrill it's basically a curse put on their family by an uber powerful demon so the question is one of whether or not it's in theme for that power to be affected by non Undead/Demons.

~Dysole, informationally
Old December 17th, 2020, 11:11 PM

Re: Worth Noting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
She's definitely used the gun on non Demons/Undead (some of them could have been Utgar/Valkrill but a couple could've been arguably Vydar) but the auto kill effects were only on Demons/Undead. I'm fine with her being niche but Demons and Undead need to be the only ones with the banishing power. As for the Curse affecting Utgar/Valkrill it's basically a curse put on their family by an uber powerful demon so the question is one of whether or not it's in theme for that power to be affected by non Undead/Demons.

~Dysole, informationally
The reason why I thought the banishment could potentially be extended is that she's not being summoned to Earth. She's being summoned to Valhalla. On Earth she banishes things not of Earth, well like none of this stuff is of Valhalla. Utgar is basically a demon and thus his followers may have enough of his taint to meet their peace.
Same with the curse, basically.

I'm totally cool with it staying niche. I like the idea of a low point figure. I did and do want to throw up the above logic for consideration tho for best accuracy.

Old December 18th, 2020, 09:37 PM

Another curse idea:
When placing order markers, players must place any or all their numbered order markers on Army Cards of their Demon and Undead figures.

Old December 19th, 2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Another curse idea:
When placing order markers, players must place any or all their numbered order markers on Army Cards of their Demon and Undead figures.
Wynonna Earp is a locus of trouble, affecting not just friends but also the world around her enabling and increasing evil activity.

Updated wording:
EARP HEIR CURSE v2
When placing order markers, each player must place their Order Marker 1 on their Army Card of a Demon or Undead figure.

EARP HEIR CURSE v3
When placing order markers, each player must place their Order Marker 1 on the Army Card of their figure who follows Utgar or Valkril.

Due to the strategy warp this power creates, Points should perhaps increase from 45 to 60.

Old December 20th, 2020, 09:27 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool angle but pretty niche though that last one is fairly broad.
Old December 20th, 2020, 01:18 PM

Hmm

Mulling that over. Not yet sure how I feel about.

~Dysole, wondering if we're trying to overcomplicate things
Old December 20th, 2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool angle but pretty niche though that last one is fairly broad.
Fairly broad to make it more applicable, and it's still mayhem so no lore breaks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum