Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old August 31st, 2017, 07:00 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHotcakes View Post
With Ice Fortress and 6 defense, I'm a little concerned that Elsa will be near impossible to wound.
Which is why I was thinking Life 2

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old September 1st, 2017, 02:59 AM

McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker McHotcakes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
With Ice Fortress and 6 defense, I'm a little concerned that Elsa will be near impossible to wound.
JC said that Ice Fortress would only use the one shield block against non-adjacent attacks. That would take care of my concerns. I'm fine with her staying at 3 life personally but I could be convinced to drop to 2

My Customs My Super Customs
I see you quiver with antici...
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 1st, 2017, 08:21 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
JC said that Ice Fortress would only use the one shield block against non-adjacent attacks. That would take care of my concerns. I'm fine with her staying at 3 life personally but I could be convinced to drop to 2
2 or 3 works
Depends on what kind of tension we would want to create. With Fortress returning to non-adjacent, 3 makes more sense.

Old September 2nd, 2017, 12:25 AM

I suppose my main intent was to remix the original to spark discussion and new ideas.

Old September 2nd, 2017, 01:28 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it will work. I'm really busy today but will mull it over and post more on Sunday.
Old September 4th, 2017, 08:26 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok guys, sorry but Ive been a little busy, just changed jobs and am working 6 days a week. 10 hrs/day. After much thought, I like where @Confred was going with the tile changing thing. However I think we should exted it one more spacem so the only ones who she doesnt get the bonus to attack are the ones at her farthest range. I also like the Dauntless personality.

Updated card and text of powers.

Snow Queen
All snow spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered Heavy Snow and all land spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa that aren't lava are considered snow spaces. All water spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered ice spaces. When moving, Elsa may count Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice as 1 space each. When attacking, if the defending figure is on snow or ice, Elsa may roll 1 additional attack die.

Do You Want To Build A Snowman 11
Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa. Any elemental you control with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, it cannot move or attack for the duration of the round.

What do you guys think?
Old September 4th, 2017, 09:04 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC McMinis View Post
Ok guys, sorry but Ive been a little busy, just changed jobs and am working 6 days a week. 10 hrs/day. After much thought, I like where @Confred was going with the tile changing thing. However I think we should exted it one more spacem so the only ones who she doesnt get the bonus to attack are the ones at her farthest range. I also like the Dauntless personality.

What do you guys think?
She's looking really great. I'm still not sold on dauntless, but I don't have anything better.

There may be a problem with bringing back a unique snowman hero that could be overpowered, but nothing official so maybe it shouldn't be something we worry about.

Otherwise I'm set on how she is
Old September 4th, 2017, 09:59 PM

Well considering there are no unique hero snowmen at this point, it doesn't really matter.
Old September 5th, 2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:

Snow Queen
All snow spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered Heavy Snow and all land spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa that aren't lava are considered snow spaces. All water spaces within 3 spaces of Elsa are considered ice spaces. When moving, Elsa may count Heavy Snow and Slippery Ice as 1 space each. When attacking, if the defending figure is on snow or ice, Elsa may roll 1 additional attack die.

Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may place one of your previously destroyed snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa. Any elemental you control with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, it cannot move or attack for the duration of the round.

What do you guys think?
I like the subtle tie-in of extending the terrain influence and Range.

With Snowmen, I was thinking it may be neat if she could manipulate all snowmen. For example, Player A and B are teammates. A controls Elsa and B controls Olaf. By not restricting it to her own, she may also build her teammates. There is no mind shackling shenanigans. She's simply returning them, which means saving card space by not having to specify hers, teams, enemies - if it's Elemental and Cold. It's a snowman to her.
Regardless, removing wounds language is needed for Greater Ice Elementals alone

Throwing this out there, but would the stun effect of Ice Fortress be better served by removing order markers?

Last edited by Confred; September 5th, 2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old September 6th, 2017, 12:02 AM

How about this

Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may any previously destroyed friendly snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa and remove all wound markers from the chosen snowman's army card. Any elemental with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, you may remove an order marker from the attacking figures army card.
Old September 10th, 2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
How about this

Instead of taking a turn with Elsa, you may roll the 20-sided die. IF you roll an 11 or higher, you may any previously destroyed friendly snowman figures in an empty space adjacent to Elsa and remove all wound markers from the chosen snowman's army card. Any elemental with the Ice Cold ability is considered a snowman.

ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, you may remove an order marker from the attacking figures army card.
that version of snowman is chock full of errors :P

Something feels off about that version of Ice Fortress, so perhaps not with the order marker removal.

Old September 11th, 2017, 12:59 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

What about...
Quote:
ICE FORTRESS
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from a non adjacent figure, if Elsa rolls at least one shield, block all damage. If the attacking figure is within 4 clear sight spaces of Elsa, their turn immediately ends.
This solves the wonky balance of removing OMs, (mainly the idea of freezing them for turn 3 while they can still move on turn 2) and forces squads to choose their attacks carefully.

I'm liking the way you guys are going with this!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum