Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old December 12th, 2009, 09:24 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!
Brawl in Bloomington!

Brawl in Bloomington!

The time has come for an event here in Central Illinois, so here it is!

When:
January 16th, 2010
10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Where:
Gryfalia's Aerie
309 N Main
Bloomington, IL 61701

Army Restrictions:
520-point limit, Marvel Figures under 225 points allowed

Maps:
Ecdinox Pass (BoV Edition)
Dilapp Thicket
Monwhitt Ruins
Invasion
Highways and Dieways
Road Rampage
Turret Rocks
Marr Highway
Mystery Map brought by playa1
More TBA

Muliplayer Maps (After Tourney)
No Man's Landby Dignan
Tr3s by Ch1can0
Tri Jungle by rednax

Tournament Format:
The tournament will be held in a double-elimination format. After elimination, players will have the option to play against each other on regular or multiplayer maps.

Entry Fee:
There will be an entry fee of 5$ per person. This will cover prizes for the event.

Prizes:
Prizes will be awarded after the event, paid for with the entry fees. We're arranging the prizes so that no one will be walking away from the event empty-handed. Ken from Gryfalia's has generously offered to donate some gift cards as prizes, and any other prize donations are accepted!

Additional Information:
Map setup will begin at 10:00, so everyone bringing terrain to set up a map should be ready by then. Registration will be at 10:45, and play wl begin at 11:00. Teardown will begin around 4, and we will be out of there by 5.

All participants are welcome! Enough maps will be set up that, once eliminated, entrants will have the opportunity to continue playing competeively with each other on a variety of maps ranging from classic Battlefield of Valhalla favorites to fun multiplayer showdowns.

Attendees:
ProtoFury
DomoSamurai
KingKreigh
Eric
Derrick
Vydar
Vydar's friends (Party of 2)
DS-00-0, FSD
DS-00-0's son
vminer
Clarissimus
Clarissimus' brother
EternalThanos86
playa1
playa1's sons (posse of 3)

Maybe's:
None

Map and Glyph Details:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post
Alright guys, it's time for maps!

At this point it looks like we could have up to 20 people here, so I'm thinking we should have 11 maps, just to be safe. I can supply 5 maps (6 if my friend can bring his terrain), and I would like it if everyone who comes brings enough terrain for one map. These maps should be from the Battlefields of Valhalla, although if you'd like to bring a map you've designed, PM me and we'll talk.

For the maps I bring, I would like to throw in a few maps I've created. More info on these and other maps I've made can be found here. These maps would be:

Ecidnox Pass (BoV Edition)

Dillap Thicket

Monwhitt Ruins

These are three of my best, most balanced, and most competetive maps. (Monwhitt Ruins will be played wih Normal Snow and Normal Ice rules.) If you guys have any problems with me running these three maps, let me know. If not, I'll run these maps with the other 7 or 8 maps that we'll have set up.

The other maps I'm going to set up are Invasion, Highways and Dieways, and Hot Heights.

Past that, I'm needing you guys to bring some terrain, because if not, we're going to have a pretty sorry event on our hands. I've got these 6 maps, which should cover everyone on the yes list--it's the maybe's I'm worried about. If you're going to bring a map, please specify which map you're planning on bringing ASAP. (If you're bringing a map with specified Glyphs, please bring those Glpyphs as well.)

As far as Glyphs go, I'm going to take the policy that any map that has a specific glyph set up on it (for instance, the Glyph of Wannock on Embattled Fen) shall retain that glyph. Maps with no Glyphs in the build instructions will be played with no Glyphs. Any maps with unspecified Glyphs will draw from a pile of random ones. This Glyph Pool will consist of:

Astrid (Attack +1) x4*
Gerda (Defense +1) x4
Valda (Move +2) x4
Dagmar (Initiative + x4
Oreld (Intercept Order) x3
Crevcor (Common Attack +1) x3*
Ulaniva (Unique Attack +1) x3*
Lodin (D20 +1) X2
Wannock (Wound) x1

Glyphs will be randomly drawn from the Glyph Pool and placed face-down on the map begins. After army placement and before the first order markers are placed, Glyphs will be revealed on every map. If any map has two of the same Glyph (i.e., the two Glyphs on Highways and Dieways both are revealed to be Move +2), they will be removed from the board, and new Glyphs will be drawn, placed, and revealed.

*If a Glpyh of Astrid is revealed on the same map as Crevcor or Ulaniva, a new glyph will be placed in Astrid's spot, and Astrid will be returned to the Glyph Pool. If Crevcor and Ulaniva are revealed on the same map, thegame will continue as normal.

If anyone has any problems with maps or glyph rules, let me know!

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!

Last edited by ProtoFury; January 12th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Brawl in Bloomington!

Put me down with the possibility of 2 friends.
Old December 12th, 2009, 11:38 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds good, you're on!

Old December 14th, 2009, 10:02 AM

Gryfalia is surprisingly tart

I added a link to this thread (and copied the main announcement) on our forums so the locals can see it too. I know I have some people already interested!

Please note that we do open at 9AM, so you can get there earlier as needed. Plus we have a larger assortment of Heroscape items in stock than most stores, because we think it's a worthy game and needs support.. Plus it's a great way, we have found, for parents to introduce their kids to minis games. Gotta hook them early..hehe.
Old December 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM

DS-00-0, FSD has disabled reputation

This will be my first official HS event and I have a quick question:

I usually play with my son. He's 8 and really loves the game but he's likely not skilled enough to play on his own. Is there any issue with a father/son team playing together?

Also, I have tons of terrain that I can bring if more is needed for map creation.

Looks like I'll finally have to bring in the castle for you, huh, Ken?
Old December 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-00-0, FSD View Post
Is there any issue with a father/son team playing together?
ProtoFury is the final authority on this as he's running it, but I don't see a problem with it. We had a father and son do a similar thing at the event I ran in Peoria for NHSD.
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:20 AM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
Quote:
ProtoFury is the final authority on this as he's running it, but I don't see a problem with it. We had a father and son do a similar thing at the event I ran in Peoria for NHSD.
As a father of three HS players, I see your point. I also have no problem with it, but I want you to know that I've had my boys play in my official tournaments as young as 8 (with little success on their part) but always had them stick it out alone. As long as they know the rules, it works out. Also, players are typically very nice to my boys during competitions. They often give advice and make suggestions. I haven't met anyone so competitive as to offend any of my boys at an official tourney (have only done a couple though). I can't really picture an adult doing an "in-your-face sucka!" when his arrow grut takes out my son's Cyprien. It's really a game, after all.
Old December 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
Quote:
I'm totally fine with it. to be fair to everyone, when it comes to the small prizes, a team of two would probably still get one prize, unless there's extras, if you don't mind. But a father/son team is totally okay! I'll get you on the list!

And playa1, do you want me to put you on a maybe list w/ your sons?

Old December 18th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Put me down as a maybe for now. I'd like to meet some of the Central IL players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:15 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoFury View Post

And playa1, do you want me to put you on a maybe list w/ your sons?
Yes. When we PM'd about this I said I was a most definite and positively absolute -- Maybe 3 + Me.

I'm leaning towards a "yes", but I can't be sure until I know how my family's schedules will change after the 1st of the year. I really want to go to this, though.
Old December 18th, 2009, 05:13 PM

Alright guys, will do!

Also, just to let everyone know, DnD-Scape is certainly allowed in army builds. I think we'll all agree on that. I'm even tempted to go with the Jotun Rule for Marvel... And I just decided that I will. I'll edit everything accordingly.

Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:49 PM

vminer has disabled reputation

Very surprised I was not on list.

I guess because of my last effort you just didn't count me, I see.

I will be there put me down please.

vincent miner

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events