Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old July 9th, 2019, 06:59 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud-O View Post
Holy. Crap.

What are you printing these on and can you share settings?
Ender 3
I'm using the Fat Dragon Games profile with some tweaks. But I've seen other Ender 3 prints which are much better than these.

I'll post my settings soon.
@TREX might have better settings than I have.
The hydras look great WK. I printed a few at the lower resolution and painted them. They turned out ok but not fantastic. These higher res ones look a good bit more detailed especially in the faces. Ill have to give these ones another go cause I love hydras. I have 3 legitimate ones but it would be fun to have extras for myself and to give away at tournaments. As far as settings go. I use some modified settings that are part of my snapmaker software so Im not sure they would help other printers.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 4th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

First, some recent figures I printed and painted. Note: the zombies were from Thingiverse, but I modified them by adding wounds.

Shades of Bleakwood

Zombie proxies

My Tuskan Raider army
Old August 4th, 2019, 09:51 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Second, I modified the Laglor model to higher fidelity head and arms. And I made the flag supports stronger.

Question:
Which head do you prefer?

Old August 4th, 2019, 09:56 PM

Third, now I want to go back to rescan every figure I have.

I recently added more light to my light booth, but more importantly I bought some removable matte spray. After you spray your figures, they become matte and have far fewer reflections. Then you take your pictures. Finally, you wash off the matte spray. It made a WORLD of difference!!!!!!

See the results:

Greenscales 3D printed with new matte models

Dwarf heroes models after new matte scans

Axegrinders 3D printed with new matte models
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

These all look really great WK. I wonder how well these would turn out with your ultra matte on a resin printer. Now that would probably look darn near identical to the real figures.

I know there are a bunch of guys around here in the utah crowd that love and print these models. I see them show up at tournaments.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I know there are a bunch of guys around here in the utah crowd that love and print these models. I see them show up at tournaments.
That makes me happy!
Old August 5th, 2019, 12:57 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud-O View Post
Holy. Crap.

What are you printing these on and can you share settings?
Ender 3
I'm using the Fat Dragon Games profile with some tweaks. But I've seen other Ender 3 prints which are much better than these.

I'll post my settings soon.
@TREX might have better settings than I have.
I’m gong to have to find that profile. I just last week had to reshoot my filament for the first time since I got my Ender3 in February. I went with black and white.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 5th, 2019, 05:31 PM

I added the new ultra matte resolution models for:
Greenscales
Axegrinders
Darrak
Migol
Mogrimm
Old August 6th, 2019, 04:22 AM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

I've been out of Heroscapers for a long time, and what a surprise I found here. Great job, White Knight!

Soon we'll have scans at higher resolution than real life
Old August 6th, 2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
Soon we'll have scans at higher resolution than real life
That made me laugh!
Old August 7th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, your talents know no bounds.
Old August 21st, 2019, 03:24 PM

bmarentx is surprisingly tart

Can you tell me the brand of the spray on matte finish that you used for your figures. If I can find some locally in Canada, maybe I can contribute to the scanning process. Can you tell me the scanning program that you use. I have almost every figure except Aquilla's alliance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing