Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old January 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: Much Ado About Nothing - Moving/Rolling Zero

Rolling 0 defense dice is exactly the same as moving 0 spaces, except that you don't have the choice of how many to roll, AND you don't have the choice not to roll unless you're prevented by some other special power. You simply always have to roll all of your available defense dice. In summary:

Moving - 3 options every turn:

1) Not move at all
2) Move 0 spaces
3) Move 1 or more spaces

Attacking - 2 options every turn

1) Not attack at all
2) Roll all attack dice

Defending - 1 option on every opponent's turn in which they attack

1) Roll all defense dice

Since your only defending option is to roll all your defense dice, you're always considered to be rolling them (regardless of how many there are to roll), unless some special power prevents you from doing so. Since the amount is irrelevent to the player's responsibility, powers that increase or reduce the number can not change the requirement to roll.

Similarly, in the Sharwin situation, if her attack dice were somehow reduced to zero, she would still get the auto-skull from Shocking Grasp, because she can choose to roll all of her attack dice, which happen to be 0.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

we could paint all sides of our dice white and "roll" no attack/defence

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM

TheLorax is surprisingly tart

The ruling on the Warforged Soldiers' book page about getting warforged resolve is the opposite of your ruling, just to let you know.
Old December 29th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
I wonder, according to the Official Rules, can a figure claim to have moved "zero spaces" and take benefit for movement abilities without actually having gone anywhere? I'd use it a lot but my 'Scapemates would be skeptical...
Yes
Indeed, only if the card specifies X number of spaces will this be different. Otherwise, it essentially means "after your movement phase" - in which you can move 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.

Or put another way, you never skip the movement of a figure, you simply choose to "move" zero spaces.
Keep in mind that while moving a figure 0 spaces is allowed, if you do choose to move a figure 0 spaces, you have activated it.

So you couldn't move a figure 0 spaces and then attack with a different figure that you didn't move (and therefore wasn't activated) except in the case of Zombies of Morindan...

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles