Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 16th, 2020, 05:27 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Max Mercury

The Book of Max Mercury

C3G DC WAVE 38
FLASH FORWARD

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Flash set.
Its model number and name are #002, 203 / Max Mercury.

Character Bio - The Zen Master of Speed, Max Mercury was born in the early 19th century, and granted a mystical connection to the Speed Force by a Blackfoot shaman. Since then, he has made his way to the present day by making small hops forward in time. Along the way, he's become a living legend and a hero under various names. He helped inspire Jay Garrick to become the first Flash, and in the modern day serves as a mentor to the younger speedsters, particularly Wally and Bart.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Arch-vile
  • Third playtest: tcglkn
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Soundwarp SG-1
  • Max Mercury created by Mark Waid based on Quicksilver, created by Jack Cole and Chuck Mazoujian

Last edited by Arch-vile; October 26th, 2021 at 07:04 PM.
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Max Mercury (Design)

NAME = MAX MERCURY
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MYSTERY MAN
PERSONALITY = WISE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 10
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 190

SUPERSPEED
Max Mercury may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Max Mercury, if he did not use his Quicksilver Strike special power this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

QUICKSILVER STRIKE
When Max Mercury attacks a figure he moved through this turn, you may roll 1 additional die.

ZEN MASTER OF SPEED
Figures you control that have the Superspeed or Speed Force special power cannot have their Defense numbers reduced by any special power if they are within 6 clear sight spaces of Max Mercury and cannot be prevented from moving by an opponent's special power if they begin their movement within 6 clear sight spaces of Max Mercury. Max Mercury is affected by this special power.

Last edited by Ronin; May 10th, 2020 at 01:13 AM.
Symbiotic

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Honestly kinda tough to find good comic art here.

Last edited by Ronin; May 1st, 2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

My bio linking plan worked!

Still love it!
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Still love it!
Yep, I was just holding out for a chance to link him.
Old April 16th, 2020, 09:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post

Still love it!
You clever, clever man.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Love it.
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:45 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I dig it. Counter draft for Captain Cold with Flash.
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:49 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Never heard of him! Looks like, vaguely, a Quality Comics refugee like Plastic Man and the Freedom Fighters.
Oh, also, didn't find out until I went to add a creator credit to the OP, but he is technically a Quality Comics character! He just only had a handful of appearances and there was nothing to him (and he was named "Quicksilver") so Waid reinvented the character to use him in Flash.

So visually speaking at least, you were totally on point.
Old April 16th, 2020, 06:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm surprised people don't reinvent Golden Age characters like this more often - it seems like really fertile ground. I love how Prince of Orphans in Iron Fist is a revamped Amazing Man, the old pubilc domain character.

I'd personally want to key Superspeed off of Quicksilver Strike, now that we've added it, just because it helps keep the "use the X special power" aesthetic we've stuck to. Like, we'll break that someday, I'm sure... but I'll push it back as far as I can.
Old April 16th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Symbiotic

Oh, right, that was the whole reason I put Quicksilver Strike in there. I'll definitely make that change after breathing is up.
Old April 16th, 2020, 09:26 PM
Symbiotic

A few stray design thoughts:
-he's never been a JSA member but he doesn't have any pressure to fit into any particular class. He's an old-timer crime fighter and he feels like a pretty natural fit as a Mystery Man to me.
-species of Human because his powers are mystic in nature and not due to a metagene so far as I know.
-I'm not sure where we're at with Impulse right now, but it'd be good to get a quick check on that to make sure we're teeing them up to work well together.

(I don't think we can be too far off right now, but if there's some small adjustment we ought to make to get things really tidy, might as well take care of it now)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library