Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 20th, 2023, 05:32 AM

Mrcellophane1978 is surprisingly tart
Noob on AOTP used in Heroscape

Hi,
I have just bought AOTP and Zendikar expansion units to use with my Heroscape collection. These do not come with cards.

Can someone please explain to me if I obtain (i.e. print) the cards, can I just use them directly with heroscape using heroscape rules, or would it be better to use custom cards that I am guessing some clever people have created to use AOTP with heroscape?

thanks!
Old January 20th, 2023, 07:31 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Noob on AOTP used in Heroscape

AotP is not directly compatable with Heroscape. Some people have made conversion rules in the AotP forum.
There is a project to make custom Heroscape cards from AotP but not one has been finished yet as far as I know.
Old January 21st, 2023, 12:37 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@Mrcellophane1978

Siege's AoTP Converted Customs is a fully completed project that converted all of the AoTP sets to Heroscape custom cards. This project also included the Event Hero character custom cards for the Eldrazi Ruiner. I collaborated with Siege on this project helping with design and play testing. I don't believe @SIEGE is active on this site any longer. I have since continued my own project slightly modifying the Planeswalker cards that are now Unique Heroes and adding additional custom Heroscape cards for other MTG characters. The Planeswalker modifications incorporate one additional Special Power from the various spell cards. My project is The Summons of Heroes of the Planes (HoTP): AoTP and MTG Custom Heroscape Cards. Don't know if this is what you were looking for, but you can readily take the AoTP figures you have and play them as Classic Heroscape. They have been play tested, but not to the detailed play testing and rigorous process that occurs with C3V/SOV/C3G.

Last edited by gatormustang; January 21st, 2023 at 04:57 PM.
Old January 21st, 2023, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
AotP is not directly compatable with Heroscape. Some people have made conversion rules in the AotP forum.
There is a project to make custom Heroscape cards from AotP but not one has been finished yet as far as I know.

Ok thanks.
Old January 21st, 2023, 06:12 PM

That is awesome thank you and what I am looking for.

I also found this online that you may have seen where a guy Peter Vodden, seems to have done something similar:

https://petervodden.blog/portfolio/e...for-heroscape/

Anyway cheers I will work on this.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
@Mrcellophane1978

Siege's AoTP Converted Customs is a fully completed project that converted all of the AoTP sets to Heroscape custom cards. This project also included the Event Hero character custom cards for the Eldrazi Ruiner. I collaborated with Siege on this project helping with design and play testing. I don't believe @SIEGE is active on this site any longer. I have since continued my own project slightly modifying the Planeswalker cards that are now Unique Heroes and adding additional custom Heroscape cards for other MTG characters. The Planeswalker modifications incorporate one additional Special Power from the various spell cards. My project is The Summons of Heroes of the Planes (HoTP): AoTP and MTG Custom Heroscape Cards. Don't know if this is what you were looking for, but you can readily take the AoTP figures you have and play them as Classic Heroscape. They have been play tested, but not to the detailed play testing and rigorous process that occurs with C3V/SOV/C3G.
Old January 21st, 2023, 07:29 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

@Mrcellophane1978 I looked at the link from Peter Vodden. Definitely good stuff, but two things I want to point out. First in his post one aspect he is troubled with squads having more than one life. That was something that was discussed during design since the AoTP squads had multiple lives. After several discussions to make it more compatible with Classic Heroscape the final design does have all squads with one life. The second point is that although Peter’s cards are definitely well done they are not true to their AoTP versions. @SIEGE purposely wanted to stay true in the custom Heroscape conversions to the AoTP original cards and hence keep the feel of the MTG universe. My follow-on project HoTP follows that same premise and also is purposely staying true to the MTG theme and lore. Just a couple of points to keep in mind.

Last edited by gatormustang; January 21st, 2023 at 08:21 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 04:39 AM

Thank you that's awesome!

On your eldrazi ruiner, does lash of tentacles also hot allies as well. I'm guessing yes? Thanks.
Old January 22nd, 2023, 10:58 AM

@Mrcellophane1978 yes it affects all non-Eldrazi adjacent to him. As a side note the Eldrazi Ruiner in my HotP link is the same one on the link for @SIEGE . This Eldrazi Ruiner is what you would use for standard Heroscape battles. Additionally, on Siege’s link are two other Eldrazi Ruiner cards that have 20 and 36 lives and higher point values with a fourth Special Power to use the Full Potential cards 1,2,and 3 also on Siege’s link. This allows you to have Event Hero battles against the Eldrazi to have warbands try to take the Eldrazi down.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:34 AM

Thanks, I guessed that was what the additional more powerful cards were for. I like your cards and will check through them all and the original siege ones. thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
@Mrcellophane1978 yes it affects all non-Eldrazi adjacent to him. As a side note the Eldrazi Ruiner in my HotP link is the same one on the link for @SIEGE . This Eldrazi Ruiner is what you would use for standard Heroscape battles. Additionally, on Siege’s link are two other Eldrazi Ruiner cards that have 20 and 36 lives and higher point values with a fourth Special Power to use the Full Potential cards 1,2,and 3 also on Siege’s link. This allows you to have Event Hero battles against the Eldrazi to have warbands try to take the Eldrazi down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion