Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 11th, 2015, 12:30 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

We are going to use Calida in Season 18, looks fun.

Reviews will come after we have played that map the round it is used(For me anyways).

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:24 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I'm going to nominate my new version of Calida:

Calida build instructions. It uses 1 RoTV, 1 RttFF, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs.

Online version here.
@superfrog , thanks for the submission. To see the nomination finalized, you'll want to provide a VirtualScape (.hsc) file as well.

Also, regarding the top-down board for online play... you'll want to include a line specifying on what level and kind of terrain the glyphs rest.
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Quote:
I'm going to nominate my new version of Calida:

Calida build instructions. It uses 1 RoTV, 1 RttFF, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs.

Online version here.
@superfrog , thanks for the submission. To see the nomination finalized, you'll want to provide a VirtualScape (.hsc) file as well.

Also, regarding the top-down board for online play... you'll want to include a line specifying on what level and kind of terrain the glyphs rest.
I knew I was forgetting something....

dok and Kinseth just made a suggestion to make the glyphs more reachable. I found a way to do it, but my submission is on hold for the time being while I make that adjustment (the discussion is in my map thread).
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Wouldn't Calida qualify for BoV?
Fwiw, I don't think it does because I believe two of the trees are illegally placed on level 1 (directly on the table instead of on supporting hexes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RttFF Handbook
You may not place [trees] on a space(s) that does not have a hex interlock.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wow. I didn't even know that rule. I have a couple extra single hexes though that I can pop in.
Old February 11th, 2015, 02:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Oh, wow, I missed that. FWIW that's illegal for WoS too. The only breaks from standard build rules that we allow are uncapped columns and Marvel Ruin without the second level.
Old February 11th, 2015, 03:20 PM
This is merely a joke.

I'm going to nominate my new newer version of Calida:

Online version here.

.hsc file

The major changes to this version involve adding more cover, both by moving the trees and adding the ruins, flattening the sand hill outside the start zone, and making it a bit easier for armies to deploy.

This should serve to force gameplay to move quite a bit more, and discourage stagnation.

Glyphs are now 10 spaces to the right and 9 spaces to the left, with both sides being able to get height on the glyph in two turns with 5 move figures. There is still the possibility for lava dunking (insert sadistic laugh here) on the edges of the map by the glyph.

Thanks to dok and Kinseth for glyph input, and to Killometer for reading the RttFF rules.

Hopefully it's better enough not to get shot down immediately
Old February 11th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
and to Killometer for reading the RttFF rules.
Thank heavens for people like that, am I right?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 11th, 2015, 03:59 PM

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
I'm going to nominate my new newer version of Calida:
Looks like a complete nomination to me!
Old February 13th, 2015, 12:23 PM

Re: WARGROUNDS of SCAPE (WoS) - discussion thread

The unusual footprint of this map pleases, but I have reservations about it.

This is a lava map, yet half of the highest (level-4) spaces -- and by far the most tactically important spaces (right in the center; only one space away from the glyph; and able to pin anything moving along the road) -- are NOT lava. That seems to me a grave mistake.

Furthermore, much of the central road ring is on level-3, not level-2. And practically nothing to the sides of the road is higher than it. On the contrary: the road is frequently higher than its surrounding terrain. The only exception is the level-4 grass in the very middle -- which shouldn't be grass (see above). In short, the map provides almost no incentive to leave the central ring.

If this were my map, I'd lower those level-4 grass spaces to level-3. Make sure that no road exceeds level-2. And move some of the level-3 and level-4 lava, putting it adjacent to the road. (In the latter regard, the newer, but not newest, version of Calida was far superior.)

Moving the glyphs outwards, towards the flanks (as they originally were) would also help reduce the now-overwhelming allure of the central ring. Of course, that puts them back at 11/12 spaces from the SZs, which reintroduces the old Rats problem. One solution, I think, might be to reorganize the SZs. The 24-hex rock plate can be rotated one step clockwise and tucked further into the map (taking the place of the 7-hex grass plate there currently). This will move the SZs further towards the center, bringing the glyphs within easier reach, especially if the lumpiness of the path from SZs to glyphs is evened out a bit.

Superfrog, I truly think Calida has real promise (otherwise I wouldn't even bother taking the time to analyze it and suggest improvements). I'd encourage you to entertain further tweaking -- probably in your own map thread (since we don't want to turn the WoS into a map-improvement workshop) -- and then resubmit it once you've had a chance to see how the tweaks play out.

I vote NO to induct Calida into the Wargrounds of Scape.
Old February 13th, 2015, 01:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

Alas, I have no rep for you. Thanks for your analysis.

I'll be glad to give this map another deeper look and see about addressing those concerns.

I am going to withdraw Calida for the time being.
Old February 13th, 2015, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I'll be glad to give this map another deeper look and see about addressing those concerns.
Excellent. I really hope to see Calida again. Just needs a shave and some straightening of the tie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios