Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 30th, 2014, 04:39 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Super Hero Figures - Rhino

"GOSH, BATMAN--GRIZNAKH FINALLY DID IT."

"IT LOOKS LIKE OUR JOB IS DONE HERE, ROBIN! TO THE BATMOBILE!"

Congrats on sharing your work with the larger community. Just want to let you know I was able to print out Kazar and Zabu at the proper size from here! Wait 'til they see your yummy Wonder Woman and her Amazons; the cards I've played with twice on your very mean streets...
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:14 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Super Hero Figures - Batman

(To see the complete entry visit the first page of this thread.)

Batman added.

This guy was really hard to nail down. He can do so much and there's only so much room on the card. In play test we went through seven or eight different versions of him. In the end I'm pretty happy with him. He's the first figure I've posted that starts to make use of my tall buildings. He's a lot of fun to move around on the board, gaining height and swooping down from above. Consider it limited flying. Plus his survivability is pretty high, keeping him in the game longer. Paired with the Boy Wonder and you have a pretty cool team. Paired with the Bat Mobile and he's even better.

Did the video game Arkham Asylum influence us on this design? I'll let you ponder on that one!

Added:
Just to document what went before:

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 14th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow, these cards are amazingly beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Wow, these cards are amazingly beautiful!
Thanks Quozl. I've always thought that super hero cards should look, well, super heroic!

I certainly hope you like the way they play, just as much as the way they look.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 09:37 AM
Titleless

Re: Grishnakh's Custom Super Hero Figures - Catwoman

Well gang, 5 days, 5 heroes. I hope you've enjoyed what you've seen so far!

Catwoman is up next.

I've always liked this character. So conflicted. In fact I didn't know wether she she should be included with the villains or with the heroes. (I guess Batman has the same problem.) She's fairly hard to take down, trained as she is in stealth and acrobatics. It almost seems like she has nine lives! Her Whip Climb allows her to climb up the sides of my buildings and other structures with ease. Picture it more like a pounce climb as she lashes with her whip from window ledge to window ledge!

Next week - 5 more!

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 14th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2014, 10:18 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Old May 2nd, 2014, 12:53 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, that Batman looks nearly unstoppable. 5 Defense and 1 shield blocks all damage and he can easily grab height advantage. I guess he could still blank out a time or two but if he gets even better with Robin, that is frightening.
Cool power set.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 2nd, 2014, 01:49 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, that Batman looks nearly unstoppable. 5 Defense and 1 shield blocks all damage and he can easily grab height advantage. I guess he could still blank out a time or two but if he gets even better with Robin, that is frightening.
Cool power set.
When I went about designing him I kept coming back to what Superman said in the comics, Batman is the most dangerous human on Earth. So how do you show that in a Heroscape card? Survivability was a number one priority with me. Other Batman cards I've gamed with (and I've tried a lot of them from various sources) seem to go down way to quickly for my tastes. This guy really should be able to stand toe to toe with the most powerful supers. And he should be pretty deadly as well. Even if most of his powers on my card are movement based.

Anyway, he usually takes out double his points worth when we've gamed with him. But when he goes down it happens quickly.

(You think he's powerful wait until you get a look at my Wonder Woman. In the comics she can keep up with Flash and put up a good fight with Superman. Hopefully my card for her accomplishes that.)

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Titleless

Re: Grishnakh's Custom Super Hero Figures - Nick Fury!!!

Nick Fury

Notes:
Nick Fury is a Heroclix figure.

It's a furious Monday! Nick Fury has been added to the Marvel Heroes!

Last edited by Grishnakh; May 23rd, 2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Titleless

A quick note:

My son and I originally started creating these cards just for our own, private use. As the number of our cards grew we started playing with them at our local gaming group here on Long Island. We've had some pretty massive battles of late using them.

Now, in all honesty, these were never truly meant to be made public. However, several people that have seen them have requested that I make them available, and I have caved in.

As I release more of these in the weeks to come I'd like to ask the community for their help. My son and I have tested these cards by playing them, both the two of us and with members of our gaming group. That doesn't mean that they are perfect, not by a long shot.

So I sorta guess I'm asking for play testers here. Nothing formal. Simply if any of you print a card or two out and actually play a game using them I'd love to hear what went right and, especially, what went wrong. Card balance is, as many of you know, a difficult thing to nail down and the more pairs of eyes on these can only improve them.
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Interesting. So you better plan on destroying all the Agents before going after Nick or you are in for some heartache. Yikes.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 5th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Titleless

The strategy has been to keep an Agent or two held back in reserve so Fury can "re-spawn". Of course this splits your forces if you move forward with Fury, surrounded by a squad or two of his Agents, while leaving some behind. It's a bit of a balancing act that has created some fun moments in our games. Our last game saw Elektra vaulting all the way to the back of the enemies line just to take out the left behind Agents. Batman had a huge fight with her to prevent her from doing that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations