Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 4th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Pink? There's a player color choice you don't see every day.

Next Friday I'm playing my first game of Rising Sun with the only guy in NYC to report getting it so far on Bgg! My neighbor and I are still waiting for our copies...
Well it was pink or yellow as my choice. There is an inside joke in our group about not taking yellow. One reason is because it's one guy's favorite and always chooses it, though he's a great guy and it's nothing against him. The second part of our reasoning is that yellow always loses, so you'd be doomed from the start. It's more of a goofy joke/superstition that has evolved over the years and is mosltly for fun, as nobody has come to fisticuffs yet over who gets stuck with yellow if it must be taken

Hope you enjoy Rising Sun.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 4th, 2018, 10:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

These days I often take yellow myself. Back when I was a boy, your games only featured player markers with the four basic colors, and yellow was always the last choice! It must be Universal!
Old February 4th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Hahma,

These days I often take yellow myself. Back when I was a boy, your games only featured player markers with the four basic colors, and yellow was always the last choice! It must be Universal!
That's funny

Old February 4th, 2018, 11:52 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Hahma,

That's funny
The three in my household have the favorite colors of blue - me, Red - my son, and green - my wife so often times yellow would be left...until Ticket to ride and our green and blue were too close in tiny for my color blind issue so I started taking yelllow.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 5th, 2018, 01:52 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Played my first game of Gloomhaven last night. Then re-read the rule book. Played some very minor things wrong, some to our aid, some to our detriment. Gonna try one more short play through, then probably gonna start the campaign. I'm loving all the re-imagined, borrowed, and differently used mechanics that comprise this game. I continue to like it more and more the more I discover about it. Almost didn't buy it even though I was splitting it with friends. Now I want to buy the Broken Token organizer and then buy out my friends, LOL.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 5th, 2018, 07:56 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Played my first game of Gloomhaven last night. Then re-read the rule book. Played some very minor things wrong, some to our aid, some to our detriment. Gonna try one more short play through, then probably gonna start the campaign. I'm loving all the re-imagined, borrowed, and differently used mechanics that comprise this game. I continue to like it more and more the more I discover about it. Almost didn't buy it even though I was splitting it with friends. Now I want to buy the Broken Token organizer and then buy out my friends, LOL.
Yeah, Gloomhaven looks like an incredible game. I would love to have that one but I know it wouldn't go over in my household. I am glad that you and others are enjoying it so much.

I did get in a game of 2 more games of Blood Rage this weekend. I really like this game but I am terrible at it. I am like 0-6 or so.

And then I sat down for another solo practice/learning-game of Scythe. Fortunately my wife was very bored and very reluctantly agreed to sit and play for a bit. I told her she could quit anytime she wanted and I would continue on solo. Previously she would only groan when I would mention Scythe, saying that it looks too complicated, and that she would hate it. Four hours later she placed her 6th star, we scored the game and she had soundly beat the crap out of me. (Yes, I said 4 hours) She wouldn't admit that she liked it but I knew that she did when she agreed to play another game after dinner. I managed to win that one and it took much less time to play.

She still says the game is only ok but I know that she likes it better than she is letting on. I am super happy about that because I really love the game.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old February 5th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hahma,

That's funny
The three in my household have the favorite colors of blue - me, Red - my son, and green - my wife so often times yellow would be left...until Ticket to ride and our green and blue were too close in tiny for my color blind issue so I started taking yelllow.
I feel bad for those with color blind issues. Knowing enough from hearing about people having issues with it in gaming, I made sure to stress to my nephew that he account for that in a game he's designed and kickstarting next month. I said that he and his business partner (college kids) need to include provisions for the color blind, as that will open up more potential buyers, and allow those people to enjoy his game. I imagine some games are harder to do that with, such as TTR, but his can.

Quote:
It's a good game Spidey. Though my daughters and I have only played like 6 scenarios last spring and it's been packed up since. My one daughter pretty much gave up gaming, other than an occasional game like Codenames or something else lite. The other one has gotten less interested as well. Teenage daughters, what can you do?

One day I will likely try to continue where we left off solo with our 3 characters. Of course, I still have a lot of the LOTR living card game I still have to play solo, and that's been years since last played

Old February 5th, 2018, 09:34 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally got Mythic Battles: Pantheon to the table this weekend. Really fun and the figures are very nice. It is coming back to Kickstarter soonish and I think it will be huge, since it is supposedly never making it to retail.

Played a learning game of Walking Dead: No Sanctuary yesterday. While I am less than satisfied in the quality of components, the gameplay seems interesting. The main problem is I think this has hit a few years too late. I am pretty zombied out.
Old February 5th, 2018, 10:31 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hahma,

That's funny
I feel bad for those with color blind issues. Knowing enough from hearing about people having issues with it in gaming, I made sure to stress to my nephew that he account for that in a game he's designed and kickstarting next month. I said that he and his business partner (college kids) need to include provisions for the color blind, as that will open up more potential buyers, and allow those people to enjoy his game. I imagine some games are harder to do that with, such as TTR, but his can.

Quote:
It's a good game Spidey. Though my daughters and I have only played like 6 scenarios last spring and it's been packed up since. My one daughter pretty much gave up gaming, other than an occasional game like Codenames or something else lite. The other one has gotten less interested as well. Teenage daughters, what can you do?

One day I will likely try to continue where we left off solo with our 3 characters. Of course, I still have a lot of the LOTR living card game I still have to play solo, and that's been years since last played
My problem is that I'm one of the rarest forms of color blindness (Blue-Green). TTR did add the symbols so that helps with the cards for the more regular colorblindness, though I don't have a lot of issues with those. I solved my train problem by getting my wife Nordic countries...I know have perma claimed the white trains and my son had me paint the black set orange so we have all the colors of the rainbow now.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 5th, 2018, 11:23 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Finally got Mythic Battles: Pantheon to the table this weekend. Really fun and the figures are very nice. It is coming back to Kickstarter soonish and I think it will be huge, since it is supposedly never making it to retail.
Interesting, can I ask where you heard this? I scoured their website for details on this, but alas, nothing. The game looks amazing (I'd love to know your thoughts), especially if one is into mythology, as I am.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 5th, 2018, 11:38 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Interesting, can I ask where you heard this? I scoured their website for details on this, but alas, nothing. The game looks amazing (I'd love to know your thoughts), especially if one is into mythology, as I am.
It was announced in Kickstarter update #178. I will need to play a few more times to have any useful thoughts.
Old February 5th, 2018, 12:28 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My neighbor has MBP, and I call it "The game that is sort of like Heroscape."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games