Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:00 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker
Re: Letters From the Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The arena combat was another clever design from my brother. We four party members were split into four different rooms, each with a different randomly selected opponent. At the top of each round, we magically rotated to the next room, to face the opponent there.
Wow. I may have to steal that.

Anywho, between Christmas preparations and a nasty bug going around the house, it's been awhile since we got a good session in. But..
Having defeated their opponent, the party set off across the only bridge out of the village. (The setting is basically a series of floating landmasses connected by a web of artificial bridges). There, they set off a booby trap meant to hide evidence of the attack by destroying the bridge and letting the village drift off into space. Their late enemy wasn't the type to win awards for subtlety.
Thankfully, the adventurers caught on fast and kept their heads. While their teammates fought off the mooks guarding the bomb, the shaman managed to disable the magical portion of the device, while the dwarf took out its electronics (which she still hasn't stopped bragging about, incidentally).
Upon entering the next town, they stumbled upon a fellow adventurer--a gnome sage embroiled in combat with a swarm of undead raised by his arch-nemesis, a necromancer known only as the Bonemonger. The gnome (who went by Miracle Man) was grateful for their help in dealing with the threat, and agreed to meet up with them later. In the meantime, our relatively brave more-or-less heroes headed to the town library, in search of information on the parchment and the shield...
Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Bone Monger, nice.

Sounds fun, thanks for the update.

Here is tale I wrote up for a game maybe 10 years ago. I was running Eslo Rudkey who is a legendary NPC in our game world who is originally from our past. A trapper from the Michigan Territory who offends an old Indian woman who curses him to carry a demon infused pistol that will not let him die but likes to destroy anyone he cares about and other demons.
This was a one-shot game with nothing leading up to it and no continuation.
Spoiler Alert!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 31st, 2018, 12:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Last night's session capped off a two-week invasion of a house held by the local bookkeeper for a nasty organization called the Myriad. We were looking for information about Finn's family (Finn, you'll remember, is the halfling monk who lost his family and much of his clan when they were taken by slave traders).

We penetrated the stronghouse last week and found our way to the upstairs office and secret room where records and treasures were kept. After killing some guards outside we had a bruising battle inside against a shield guardian and a flesh golem, but we managed to best them late last night.

We found the records we were looking for, along with some treasure and a couple of magic knick knacks. I destroyed the room with all the records with a fireball, and we slipped out of an upstairs window to make our quiet escape. Del - my half elf sorcerer, you will remember - thought we'd made a stylish and quiet getaway, with no clues about who had broken in and set the records on fire. But, alas, I know that our human ranger, Sue, rolled a 1 on his stealth roll as we tried to slip away from the scene of the crime. And late that night, after we'd had a chance to go over the magical items and make sense of the stolen documents, Finn rolled poorly on a Perception roll as someone walked slowly past our room at the inn.

So I think, unfortunately, the Myriad is onto us. This could get ugly, because we almost got killed just sneaking into one of their mostly-empty houses, when they weren't expecting us.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 31st, 2018, 05:43 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Arson, nice.
Old January 31st, 2018, 05:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I'd feel much better about it if the ranger hadn't rolled a 1 on stealth when we were trying to slip away. . .

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 31st, 2018, 06:04 PM

Never fails.

Now things get interesting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games