Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 7th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Queen of Spades (Holding)

For those that find the Royal Flush Gang figures difficult to locate (especially since you need 4 Jack and Tens for the flying cards) I present the following alternatives.

Ace – Stonewall (Captain America #008 )
King – King Britain (Earth X #031)
Queen – Blackfire (Icons #019-020)
Jack – Trickster (Flash #022)
Ten – Jade (War of Light #106)
Flying stand – “…” Blank (Deadpool #W100)

Painting instructions
Spoiler Alert!

Flying card instructions
Spoiler Alert!

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old August 12th, 2020, 09:19 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Making this change to the SP

RAZOR SPADES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 2. Attack 3.
When attacking with this special attack, the defending figure subtracts 1 from its defense.

My current reward points
Old August 12th, 2020, 09:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cool, think that's gonna make her much more balanced.
Old August 12th, 2020, 09:53 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cards updated.
Old August 12th, 2020, 10:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Do y'all think it could at least go up to -2 defense?
Old August 13th, 2020, 12:14 AM
Ninja Playtester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Do y'all think it could at least go up to -2 defense?
IDK. I fear a static -2 just opens up the same problems. In fact it might actually make the SA more deadly

Original
12.5% for 0 skulls & -0 Defense
37.5% for 1 skulls & -1 Defense
37.5% for 2 skulls & -2 Defense
12.5% for 3 skulls & -3 Defense

-2 static Defense will decrease the penalty from 3 skulls (12.5%) but increase the penalty from 1 skull rolls (37.5%) which means that 25% of the rolls will have a greater penalty to Defense

We could instead make the SA force the Defender to remove a single rolled shield, which is just slightly worse than -2 Defense

My current reward points
Old August 13th, 2020, 12:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

I suggested -1 or 2 but it seems fret has done all the math. I think the special attack will still be useable with this change. Just not the best special attack in the Gang. -3 defense when you roll 3 skulls is so brutal...
Old August 13th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the flipside is that if Queen and King don’t really have anything considerable to offer on their turns (like up against the X-Men where there aren’t going to be many chances to use Enhanced Charisma) you’re probably not risking taking turns with them. Even if there is a good EC target, it’s a big risk to take a turn with Queen then King when neither of them are offering strong attacks and you could end up losing your Ace turn.

Might be a bit of a hot take, but I tend to think defense reduction is a bit of a bogeyman in general, just cause there’s a small number of designs that get really screwed by it. In most situations, -3 defense is maybe slightly stronger than +2 attack.
Old August 13th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Tickle Pickle

I think you're gonna want to take turns with Queen to keep her in the action at the least, Deception is really powerful.
Old August 13th, 2020, 01:51 PM
Ninja Playtester

She will still get plenty of testing done and if this proves too weak we can adjust it to -2 Defense. (But really at that point, I think I prefer it the way it was). I want her attack to be useful, but no so much to overtake her other powers. King and Queen should be used for their unique powers and a mild attack. Jack and Ten will have better combat options.

Side note: the card lists her third power as Royal Flush 13 instead of 12.

My current reward points
Old August 13th, 2020, 01:52 PM
Just A Head

Fair point, and you guys probably have the finger on the pulse better than I do. Jut doesn't seem like the math or the original playtests really support the SA being that good to begin with and this is a pretty substantial nerf.

Here's a rundown of the damage it's done in testing;
Spoiler Alert!

She definitely did some real damage in the Tickle Queen tests, but outside of that I'm not seeing anything that makes it too powerful. Not denying that she's the most powerful out of the set, but it really doesn't seem like the SA is what is driving her cost.
Old August 13th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Ninja Playtester

The early tests are when she had an attack of 2. She got a bump because she never did any damage and her attack was a complete waste (in my opinion).

My current reward points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library