Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old January 11th, 2017, 11:21 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Magic:AotP at Gencon And Origins 2017

I hope to help organize this year's AotP events for Gencon and Origins (In tandem with Heroscape). I am looking for feedback on event ideas.
Origins is June 14-18 and Event Submission is now - March 1st
Gencon 50 is August 17 - 20 and Event Submission is January 22 - March 26

Coming up soon, so we need to get the ball rolling. I am taking into consideration feedback on last year's events on Heroscapers and on Planeswalker-Arena. For both cons I would like two tourneys with one event the same and one event different for Origins and Gencon, and if we get enough volunteers to help also "learn-to-play" events. These would be on mostly Heroscape maps but also some ones specifically for AotP, mostly due to being run in the same location as Heroscape and ease of not having to set-up and tear down for each event, but I would make sure there are no maps that overwhelmingly favor Melee or Range over the other. Expect some maps with Cryptoliths, such as those on my Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest.

Here are the events I was thinking of running. Please give feedback in to what you would most like to see, as well as whether or not you would go and play in AotP events.
  • 600 point kill-em-all - standard pre-build tournament. Four 1 hour rounds.
  • 500 point kill the planeswalker. Five 45 minute rounds.
  • One of the above with "mirror mirror" (Magic name for what Heroscape/X-wing calls "reverse-the-whip"), where the last two games you swap armies/decks with your opponent and then swap back after the game before going to the next match and doing again.
  • 500 point team tournament - 2 on 2 tournament, teammates cannot have the same color Planeswalkers (including Multi-color overlaps) - kill both Planeswalkers of a team to win. Three 1 hour 20 min rounds, (or not have tourney, just a couple of open team events - these would also be good for learn-to-play with pre-built armies/decks available)
  • Other suggestions?

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 17th, 2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old January 11th, 2017, 11:21 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic:AotP at Gencon And Origins 2017

[Saved for maps and other info]
Old February 22nd, 2017, 03:48 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any chance of some blender games? I would love to see how other people are playing Heroscape and AotP together.
Old February 22nd, 2017, 05:33 PM

I tried doing a team game where one person had Heroscape and one person had Magic:AotP at the last Ohio NHSD and it turned out terrible. The best mix I have done is doing a full 500 point Magic:Arena army and adding 100-200 points of Heroscape (banning Raelin v1 and Deathreavers) for each player in a 2-player game, using @TREX 's rules. But even that can be gamed and I do not think it is a good idea for a tournament.

At Origins, I am planning a couple "Learn-to-play/open play" events for both events combined, so players can do a mixed match if they want then, but that would be just individual games on your own.

One thing I am doing though is having maps with Heroscape terrain AND Magic:Arena mats and Cryptoliths, most likely one or two from my Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest. I think Cryptoliths fit well into Heroscape and Heroscape terrain adds a lot to Magi:Arena games, and using terrain rules from both games for both games is one thing I think most people can agree is a good idea. The only hard part is finding good maps for Magi:Arena, specifically ones what are not too overpowered range vs. melee and/or only have one or two high-points.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion