Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old February 7th, 2015, 02:54 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker
Pittsburgh Heroscape Tournament 3/14/15

Beware the Ides of March! (A day early, so really beware)

When: Saturday March 14th at 1pm

Where: Mr. Nice Guy Games 374 Mall Circle Drive, Monroeville, PA 15146

Admission: $10

Prize: 100% of admissions will go to store credit prize for top three finishers. May throw in some C3V customs with cards based on attendance.

Format: 500pt armies, bring two. At the start of each round you and your opponent will each draft a premade army from the pool of four. Swiss style, C3V/SoV allowed, no Marvel, partial army destruction scoring, 50 min rounds.

I'm trying to fill a void in Pittsburgh for competitive 'scape but that starts with attendance to this tournament. I hope lots of you can make it. PM me if you would like to help with the event.

ATTENDING
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Buddy412; March 16th, 2015 at 09:13 AM.
Old February 7th, 2015, 03:08 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Pittsburgh Heroscape Tournament 3/14/15

@Nirek @gamjuven @happyjosiah @yamissflash @lettucemode @killercactus @Viegon @Zettian Juggernaut @hose @Midgieboy3 @Mr. Pi the Math Guy @rudyvalentine @heroscaper2010 @lefton4ya @greenless @ShadowWater @flameslayer93 @doe138

That's everybody who has either come to a Western PA Tournament in the past 2ish years or who I know lives in Pittsburgh.
Old February 7th, 2015, 03:14 PM

Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker Buddy412 knows what's in an order marker

@superfrog

You the man!
Old February 8th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

@Knight of Scape ?
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:54 AM
C3V art MACHINE

doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun doe138 is a penguin with a machine gun

As the art guy in C3V, I'd love to bring some of the stuff to the tourney. I'll probably have to work, but I'll try to make it!

-------------------------------------------------------------
My customs! http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37164
Old February 12th, 2015, 01:57 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy412 View Post

Prize: 100% of admissions will go to store credit prize for top three finishers. May throw in some C3V customs with cards based on attendance.

Format: 500pt armies, bring two. At the start of each round you and your opponent will each draft a premade army from the pool of four. Swiss style, C3V/SoV allowed, partial army destruction scoring, 50 min rounds.

I'm trying to fill a void in Pittsburgh for competitive 'scape but that starts with attendance to this tournament. I hope lots of you can make it. PM me if you would like to help with the event.
I love the attempt at a tournament, especially one so close. I am, however, very much against C3V/SoV. I am a purist and only play regular Heroscape. I will not participate in a tourney that allows that stuff. I don't mean this to be offensive or anything, if people like to do it, more power to them, but I just don't play with it nor want to play against it. I would totally be up for a regular tournament sometime though.
Old February 12th, 2015, 06:41 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I know @yamissflash is also not a big fan of VC customs. What if we ran straight classic tournaments with open play VC after? Or maybe we could alternate events between allowing VC and not? I'd hate to cut out potential players.
Old February 12th, 2015, 06:50 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'd be happy with open play VC games afterwards. Even if I were late (IF I can come at all), I'd still be able to play my new Gorrillitroopers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 13th, 2015, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post

I love the attempt at a tournament, especially one so close. I am, however, very much against C3V/SoV. I am a purist and only play regular Heroscape. I will not participate in a tourney that allows that stuff. I don't mean this to be offensive or anything, if people like to do it, more power to them, but I just don't play with it nor want to play against it. I would totally be up for a regular tournament sometime though.
So, you're saying that you would come if C3V/SoV were not allowed? Same with @flameslayer93 ?
Old February 13th, 2015, 05:17 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I am comfortable both ways, @Buddy412 . I use customs at my home games and tournaments, but don't mind playing classic only.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy412 View Post

Format: 500pt armies, bring two. At the start of each round you and your opponent will each draft a premade army from the pool of four. Swiss style, C3V/SoV allowed, partial army destruction scoring, 50 min rounds.

Oh yeah! Fellow purist!
Old February 13th, 2015, 12:31 PM

I'm down with rotating formats every other tournament. Provided that this first one goes well. I like the effect that C3V/SoV has on the meta game. Otherwise everyone would be playing deathreaver/Q9 pods with Raelin. I feel that adequately playtested customs have kept the game alive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events