Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Re: Brandis Skyhunter Pre-Release Discussion

So sorry to ask but I've been away for a bit and was just looking for a quick answer.

Does Brandis benefit from / offer benefits to any of the Elf wizard clan posse. I'm assuming not since they made the distinction that he is a Half-Elf and whatnot. But I'm still hesitant to assume that notion as truth.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

He does not.

And about your sig.. It says 6 flagbearers? There are only 5, impressive collection though!

Edit: I just considered that you have more than one of one... my bad.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Last edited by Sport351; March 3rd, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:34 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport351 View Post
He does not.

And about your sig.. It says 6 flagbearers? There are only 5, impressive collection though!

Edit: I just considered that you have more than one of one... my bad.

Thanx for the response. I figured that would be the verdict.
...and I have to update my sig with all these new figs and whatnots.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old March 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So if Brandis has the Holy Symbol of Pelor, then he has a good chance of going nuts on Esenweins. With the glyph, his Sky Watcher ability, and height Brandis would roll 8 attack dice. With that he should be able to take out Sonya in one shot and maybe Iskra with a little luck. Marcu would be little more difficult. Taking out Cyprien would be a challenge, but if the vampire lord is already wounded then it is certainly a possibility. I just love the idea of the ranger coming into range of the vampires, and then just rolling lights outs and taking out all four vampires in one turn with Archer's Glory. It is something that shouldn't happen, but it could and I like that.
Old March 4th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
So if Brandis has the Holy Symbol of Pelor, then he has a good chance of going nuts on Esenweins. With the glyph, his Sky Watcher ability, and height Brandis would roll 8 attack dice. With that he should be able to take out Sonya in one shot and maybe Iskra with a little luck. Marcu would be little more difficult. Taking out Cyprien would be a challenge, but if the vampire lord is already wounded then it is certainly a possibility. I just love the idea of the ranger coming into range of the vampires, and then just rolling lights outs and taking out all four vampires in one turn with Archer's Glory. It is something that shouldn't happen, but it could and I like that.
In testing we have seen Brandis do some rather amazing things.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old March 8th, 2010, 04:52 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
GBob, you are such a tease! No details? Where's the "This post is useless without details" emoticon when you need it?!

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Quote:
GBob, you are such a tease! No details? Where's the "This post is useless without details" emoticon when you need it?!
My feelings are hurt. You never read my post about Brandis arrow smacking my Charos into oblivion leaving my Greenscales depressed, lonely, and without leadership?

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old March 8th, 2010, 09:20 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My feelings are hurt. You never read my post about Brandis arrow smacking my Charos into oblivion leaving my Greenscales depressed, lonely, and without leadership?
I read it
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:02 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

So how is it that Brandis would be so remarkably effective against Charos? I know he would be rolling a base of 5 attack against Charos and generally not have to worry about counterstrike, but that doesn't seem like it would kill Charos that quickly, especially with only one attack per turn.

Also, would it be possible for a moderator or the original poster to replace the current card image on the first post with the card scan from the preview? The card scan is a lot better than the picture that's there now. Thank you.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
So how is it that Brandis would be so remarkably effective against Charos? I know he would be rolling a base of 5 attack against Charos and generally not have to worry about counterstrike, but that doesn't seem like it would kill Charos that quickly, especially with only one attack per turn.

Also, would it be possible for a moderator or the original poster to replace the current card image on the first post with the card scan from the preview? The card scan is a lot better than the picture that's there now. Thank you.
Let me explain. I went with Charos and Greenscales into my opponent's ranks. Charos was engaged by multiple squishy troops, and he was mean and hungry. Next round came up and we rolled initiative. My opponent had Brandis and won initiative. He didn't bother placing order markers on his troopies. He had the first two Order Markers on Brandis. He used his good move value to gain height on Charos and grabbed a glyph that gave him +1 attack. In 2 order markers Charos was toast.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:33 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Let me explain. I went with Charos and Greenscales into my opponent's ranks. Charos was engaged by multiple squishy troops, and he was mean and hungry. Next round came up and we rolled initiative. My opponent had Brandis and won initiative. He didn't bother placing order markers on his troopies. He had the first two Order Markers on Brandis. He used his good move value to gain height on Charos and grabbed a glyph that gave him +1 attack. In 2 order markers Charos was toast.
Oh, makes sense then. 2 attacks of 7 is quite a bit different than 2 of 5.

So what was Charos engaged to? You failed to go into detail about that. Maybe he could have disengaged and gotten to Brandis?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Oh, makes sense then. 2 attacks of 7 is quite a bit different than 2 of 5.

So what was Charos engaged to? You failed to go into detail about that. Maybe he could have disengaged and gotten to Brandis?
Charos was engaged with multiple unreleased common squad figures. I underestimated Brandis as well.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units