Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 21st, 2008, 01:38 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Scottishlad5's units Green/Black Mimring

here are my costum painted units sorry for the blurry camera. feel free to rate.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 01:24 AM

THaloHarbinger has disabled reputation
my advice it to up the contrast on your repaints. with small figures like this, a monochrome aproach to painting(or somthing close to that) kills alot of the figures detail. try going for 2 main colors that are fairly easy to distinguish from each other at a distance.Take Raudulfrs DW9K for example
that aside, i realy like them. good job^_^

Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
The Nagrubs lends themselves nicely to looking like robots... very cool.

For some contrast you could just hit them all with a drybrush of a lighter metal color.

To me it looks like you used gunmetal gray (a folkart color). If you touched it with some silver or even made a rust wash and splashed it on them, you'd get a nice secondary color to bring out the details.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys
The Nagrubs lends themselves nicely to looking like robots... very cool.

For some contrast you could just hit them all with a drybrush of a lighter metal color.

To me it looks like you used gunmetal gray (a folkart color). If you touched it with some silver or even made a rust wash and splashed it on them, you'd get a nice secondary color to bring out the details.
i did do a dry brush but i guess it was to strog and metal is t testos color i forget whats its called

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:31 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I love your customs! The marro are amazing. The Zettians are cool too, but they don't hold up against your marro.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM
Pyro with a G-String

thanks taelord

'get em lads'

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old January 26th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Pyro with a G-String

new section

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old January 26th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
They all look cool! Some advice for photography: Does your camera have a "Macro" function? It usually looks like a little flower. If so, turn it on when taking pictures of small things, like HS figures.
Old January 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Pyro with a G-String

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz
They all look cool! Some advice for photography: Does your camera have a "Macro" function? It usually looks like a little flower. If so, turn it on when taking pictures of small things, like HS figures.
ill try it

14568 wins, -3 losses.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards