Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old June 8th, 2015, 09:08 PM

Champ Woo who?
Help a first-timer with some Bionicle cards?

Hello everyone, first time posting here. I happened upon an old Lego Bionicle board game that had some plastic figures the perfect size for Heroscape, so I took a stab at making some cards for the original Toa. (for those who don't know, the Toa are noble warriors with elemental powers who wear masks with additional powers.) However, I want to try and make sure that all six are at the same point cost, hopefully 150, and so I would like some advice as to which things to tweak. To kick it off, I'll post my prototype for Tahu, Toa of Fire:
Spoiler Alert!

If you guys think he's too strong for 150 points, I would like to start by reducing his base stats and weakening Mask of Shielding. Any advice would be appreciated!

EDIT: Just realized I put this in the wrong subforum. Rather bad way to make a first impression.

Last edited by Champ; June 8th, 2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added spoiler
Old June 8th, 2015, 09:33 PM

WhereEaglesDare is surprisingly tart
Re: Help a first-timer with some Bionicle cards?

Welcome to the site.
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:00 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Well, with 4 Defense and an Auto-shield, I'd say he's as tough (no pun intended) as nails. 5 life helps as well. You might want to just drop the Mask of Shielding or lower his defense to 2 or less. Fire Sword provides a useful special attack. A great well rounded figure. Needs ethier a point increase or lowered stats.

Have you tried giving him a lava surfboard power?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:13 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Well, with 4 Defense and an Auto-shield, I'd say he's as tough (no pun intended) as nails. 5 life helps as well. You might want to just drop the Mask of Shielding or lower his defense to 2 or less. Fire Sword provides a useful special attack. A great well rounded figure. Needs either a point increase or lowered stats.

What would lava surfboard do that not rolling for lava damage wouldn't also cover?

If it were me I think I would think about limiting the Mask of Shielding. whether that is it only works for normal attacks, or only melee attacks, or only ranged attacks, or only special attacks, or some combination of those things.

If you went with it only works for adjacent attacks, it really solidifies him as a "in your face" melee brawler.

If you make the shielding only work for ranged attacks, you're rounding him out as an all around figure, using his mask to get close enough to use his melee usefulness.

P.S. Welcome to the site!
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:16 PM

Champ Woo who?

Quote:
Well, with 4 Defense and an Auto-shield, I'd say he's as tough (no pun intended) as nails. 5 life helps as well. You might want to just drop the Mask of Shielding or lower his defense to 2 or less. Fire Sword provides a useful special attack. A great well rounded figure. Needs ethier a point increase or lowered stats.

Thanks for the feedback! It just feels wrong to bring his defense so low, so perhaps reduce mask of shielding to only work for normal attacks, or simply give extra defense dice? On reflection, he is indeed far too tough, since there are going to be other Toa who are even tougher. As for the lava surfboard, I also considered a lava move bonus to combine with lava immunity, but with the other 2 powers I was cautious of overloading him.

Perhaps a revised version would be 3 attack/defense, and Mask of Shielding giving +2 dice against ranged (perhaps only normal) attacks.
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:18 PM

Champ Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Quote:
Well, with 4 Defense and an Auto-shield, I'd say he's as tough (no pun intended) as nails. 5 life helps as well. You might want to just drop the Mask of Shielding or lower his defense to 2 or less. Fire Sword provides a useful special attack. A great well rounded figure. Needs either a point increase or lowered stats.

What would lava surfboard do that not rolling for lava damage wouldn't also cover?

If it were me I think I would think about limiting the Mask of Shielding. whether that is it only works for normal attacks, or only melee attacks, or only ranged attacks, or only special attacks, or some combination of those things.

If you went with it only works for adjacent attacks, it really solidifies him as a "in your face" melee brawler.

If you make the shielding only work for ranged attacks, you're rounding him out as an all around figure, using his mask to get close enough to use his melee usefulness.

P.S. Welcome to the site!
In the lore, his mask must be consciously activated, and it is repeatedly pointed out that it can't protect him when he can't see the attack coming. I intended the mask to provide him with some protection from range as he wades through melee hordes.
Old June 8th, 2015, 10:55 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site! It's always good to see some Bionicle Love here on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
Spoiler Alert!

If you guys think he's too strong for 150 points, I would like to start by reducing his base stats and weakening Mask of Shielding. Any advice would be appreciated!
I'd put him at 130, since he's a bit tougher than SoV's Asterious, who's only 120 points and has better offensive output. But otherwise a really solid hero and a really good first custom!

Quote:
EDIT: Just realized I put this in the wrong subforum. Rather bad way to make a first impression.
Don't worry about that, I'm sure it'll get moved to the right place sooner or later, right @Jim or @Aldin ?
Old June 8th, 2015, 11:18 PM

Champ Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
Welcome to the site! It's always good to see some Bionicle Love here on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
Spoiler Alert!

I'd put him at 130, since he's a bit tougher than SoV's Asterious, who's only 120 points and has better offensive output. But otherwise a really solid hero and a really good first custom!

Quote:
Don't worry about that, I'm sure it'll get moved to the right place sooner or later, right @Jim or @Aldin ?
Thanks for the greetings! I'll take the price suggestion under consideration, but I want him to be at the same value as his fellow Toa, who may wind up closer yo the 150 mark.
Old June 9th, 2015, 01:18 AM

Champ Woo who?

I just saw that Shurrak, listed here has a lot in common with Tahu. Comparing the two makes Tahu look rather balanced in his original form, so perhaps no changes are necessary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions