Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 17th, 2018, 11:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Again, this is a worse version of Siege.

Same power, worse stats, similar but slightly lower point cost.
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

*groan* he just doesn't get it...

I mean I don't want to sound rude, it's just...nothing but endless circles with this guy...it's exhausting.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 18th, 2018, 12:15 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
*groan* he just doesn't get it...

I mean I don't want to sound rude, it's just...nothing but endless circles with this guy...it's exhausting.
I'm not even sure why the push for Gilliam. The figure is not exciting to behold. There is no set theme, rhyme or reason for Gilliam to exist. There is not any clever scheme to the card. There isn't anything fun or exiting to it. Re using old abilities is also fine, but find a clever way to use them to express the miniature/character. People have given much valuable feedback. It is met with a new card with new abilities, stats, and pretty much everything else except the name and mini. There isn't any feedback actually taken, just a generated card saying like this new one. It's just spam at this point.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 18th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I do hope this version of Gilliam is enjoyable. His first power is call Guard Attack Enhancement, which is similar to Arktos power but with Guards instead. It was between enhancing attack or defense and I chose attack instead. The second power is called Guardian Spirit. like Manauvi's Spirit it only affects Unique Cards with a range of 1. Here is the army card & miniature for this custom unit.
Old October 18th, 2018, 05:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think you were getting good feedback in your thread. I've posted my thoughts there on some points that a few people brought up that you didn't address.
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:15 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I do hope this version of Gilliam is enjoyable. His first power is call Guard Attack Enhancement, which is similar to Arktos power but with Guards instead. It was between enhancing attack or defense and I chose attack instead. The second power is called Guardian Spirit. similar to Manauvi's Spirit, but with +2 Defense instead the on restriction is, Cards that have Guard/s class. Here is the army card & miniature for this custom unit. A day past by before I posted this guy.
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

It's a little boring (not that boring is bad necessarily). I'd definitely try testing him with Crypt Guardians, and then with Blastatrons. The fact that the spirit can go on common cards makes him potentially really good.
Old October 19th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the change to Disciplined. He was Tricky last time I saw him, but I think this new personality fits what you have much better.
Old October 19th, 2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's a little boring (not that boring is bad necessarily). I'd definitely try testing him with Crypt Guardians, and then with Blastatrons. The fact that the spirit can go on common cards makes him potentially really good.
I do not have any Crypt Guardians, but I have 1 squad of Blastatrons. Did a playtest with Gilliam and 2 squads of Marrden Nagrubs.
Old October 19th, 2018, 09:22 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I do not have any Crypt Guardians, but I have 1 squad of Blastatrons. Did a playtest with Gilliam and 2 squads of Marrden Nagrubs.
I recommend proxying extra squads of Commons that you don't own when playtesting. It may not be pretty, but you should probably assume that other people who might use your customs do.
Old October 20th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm no competitive army builder, but maybe try Gilliam, Blastatrons x2, Gladiatrons x2, and Major Q10 for 500. Can someone suggest a solid build for Crypt Guardians, I don't have much experience with them.
EDIT: That is not 500. I forgot Glads were 80, not 60. Maybe keep most of that but swap Q10 for another figure.

Last edited by MrNobody; October 20th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old October 21st, 2018, 01:32 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'm no competitive army builder, but maybe try Gilliam, Blastatrons x2, Gladiatrons x2, and Major Q10 for 500. Can someone suggest a solid build for Crypt Guardians, I don't have much experience with them.
EDIT: That is not 500. I forgot Glads were 80, not 60. Maybe keep most of that but swap Q10 for another figure.
I have play Gladitrons and Blastatrons at a handful of Tournaments. Adding a +1 to the Blastatrons on top of what they can do with just Gladiatrons could be game breaking. With their build its usually better to have the extra gladiatrons. Glads and Blasts combo is a top tier competitive army. They can bring the pain as it is. Also, probably not a good idea to allow the spirit being placed on a common army card. Its a perma boost to possibly ones whole army. If you dropped his points to about 80, and allowed the spirit buff to be placed on a unique guard perhaps.
@Heroscaper101
What about something like this:
Gilliam
Human
Unique Hero
Guard
Loyal
Medium 5

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
80 pts

Captain of the Guard
Any Guard figures you control adjacent to Gilliam receive 1 additional attack die.
Body Guard
After taking a turn with a Unique Human Hero you control, you may take a turn with Gilliam, if he can end his movement adjacent to that figure. If a Human Hero adjacent to Gilliam would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, destroy Gilliam instead.

Ok, so I made a couple changes to the card getting rid of some stuff in there that have really already been done or affect the synergies in a crazy way.
First: I changed Gilliam to loyal, as he is protecting his fellow human unique heroes with his life. Second, Took the Guardian Spirit power off because Thorgrim does essentially the same thing without going over the top with only 1 die on unique figures. I kept the attack bonus to adjacent guards because he does not get to move and attack with them and this creates a little bit of guard synergy that you can set up in a game. Lastly I gave him the body guard ability so he could have a fun little twist that makes him a little interesting.(Borrowed a bit from Chewbacca's life debt from hoss.)

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; October 21st, 2018 at 01:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards