Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Ok.

I'm going to vote no to reviewing dok's Omnicron Battery. There's a lot here that I like. As I wrote earlier I really like the theme & simplicity of the mechanic "Ponderous," and I'm ready to accept a 5 defense large robot squad.

I'm not sure about the pricing and I'm not sure I like that they're common instead of unique, but ultimately my decision is based on the fact that I, age 40 and a graduate of many years of schooling, cannot be completely sure I understand what this means:
Quote:
You may use any friendly Soulborg that follows Jandar to determine a clear sight shot.
From which figure is range counted? Why "clear sight" instead of "line of sight"? Am I to infer that Raelin's wings can be targeted? It's not obvious to me so I'll save myself the headache of analyzing stickier questions in Mmirg's objections and vote no for that reason alone.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:21 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
You may use any friendly Soulborg that follows Jandar to determine a clear sight shot.
From which figure is range counted? Why "clear sight" instead of "line of sight"? Am I to infer that Raelin's wings can be targeted?
Range is counted from the figure that is attacking, as it always is unless explicitly stated otherwise. Yes, Raelin's wings can be targeted. This particular language was discussed for a page and a half on CHCG24, starting here. This was the consensus clearest language.

Dad_Scaper (and 1mmirg, and the rest of you that haven't voted), thank you for considering the custom.

Last edited by dok; January 31st, 2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: And yes, somebody corrected "in stead" in CHCG24, too.
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yeah, that was my guess. But I wasn't sure.

I'm not at all surprised there was a page and a half of discussion on that point. It's a very complicated mechanic.

I think KidScaper would probably understand it, because his understanding of the rules (and the English language) is pretty deep. But he has a few friends who also play, and I just don't think they would get it.

= =
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:24 AM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

Thanks Dok for the card-making link, it was a big help. I hope I was able to follow protocol a bit better this time around.

Velenne and I have felt like Utgar and Ullar were missing out on having their wyrmlings. I tried to follow the established pattern with the other 4.

Last edited by LightBringer; February 1st, 2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old February 1st, 2011, 01:59 AM

Here is the one for Ullar. Charos' little brother.
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBringer View Post

Thanks Dok for the card-making link, it was a big help. I hope I was able to follow protocol a bit better this time around.

Velenne and I have felt like Utgar and Ullar were missing out on having their wyrmlings. I tried to follow the established pattern with the other 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightBringer View Post

Here is the one for Ullar. Charos' little brother.
Umm... I can't see anything...

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Lightbringer, you need to upload those images to a website like Photobucket and then link to them with the little button that looks like a postcard. Somewhere around here there are step by step instructions on how to do that.

= =
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Somewhere around here there are step by step instructions on how to do that.
Longhereoscaper posted a tutorial for sharing your maps, but the same applies for pictures in general, just skip the parts that are unique to virtualscape.

-insert signature here-
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:08 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

One thing that would be kind to do for those who want to view your pic in your post is, before uploading the pic to photobucket (or whatever image hosting site you choose), convert the image to a jpeg file. This will make loading the picture in the post much quicker than if it is a png (which some programs default to).

If you use photobucket it is very simple to post a pic in your post.

After uploading your image scroll over the picture you want to insert in the post and copy this code...

...and paste it directly into your post.
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:34 PM

Sorry about that. Still getting the hang of it. Did it work this time?
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:35 PM

And here is the other one. Let me know if that came through correctly.
Old February 1st, 2011, 12:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can see them.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs