Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 24th, 2006, 07:39 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG
Maybe you'll like these better, since they're higher on the power spectrum.

I like these better....but I think they could still use some tweaking. I'd start Hulk with less attack strength, forcing him to work up to full rageing smashing killing mode. Maybe just 2, like Krug. I'd also consider knocking his life down a touch....8 maybe, also like Krug?

I like the leap ability, but I would change it a tad....don't allow Hulk to attack and leap I think. He leaps instead of moving and attacking. And put a limit on it. Maybe height 10-12, move 6? Give him an extra space to counter the lack of attack?

Scrap regeneration....this could make him tougher to kill than you imagine.

Abomination....not much to comment on. He's workable, but I think he needs something unique to him.
Old July 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM

MacG Woo who?
I put together some of the ones I'd really like to see, mostly members of the Marvel Knights (old school, not the publishing imprint). I think the street level heroes will come closest to something you'd CONSIDER using with other Heroscape models.

Avenger could get pretty disgusting if you hide him away for the endgame, but if you're hiding him away for the endgame, you're missing the point.

I thought about changing this line to "while Widow is in play, your opponent must show you his or her X markers." That would enable you to play the "kill the X marker" scenario with her and she'd be extra valuable. I like the way her covert agent power messes with other rules than most figures.

Old July 26th, 2006, 07:33 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
I put together some of the ones I'd really like to see, mostly members of the Marvel Knights (old school, not the publishing imprint). I think the street level heroes will come closest to something you'd CONSIDER using with other Heroscape models.

Avenger could get pretty disgusting if you hide him away for the endgame, but if you're hiding him away for the endgame, you're missing the point.

I thought about changing this line to "while Widow is in play, your opponent must show you his or her X markers." That would enable you to play the "kill the X marker" scenario with her and she'd be extra valuable. I like the way her covert agent power messes with other rules than most figures.

PUNISHER....two gun mojo is very awkwardly worded. Just consult Double Attack, and go from there....your parentheses and such are poor form.
Range 5 seems kinda...eh. Not much use.
Avenger is a cool ability, but I think you need to switch Frank to Range 7, Attack 2...that way he starts out okay, and is prevented from being given a HUGE ranged boost really quickly. Also, you say "model" where you should say "figure." The power needs some brushing up, wording-wise. you mention that hiding him away until the endgame is missing the point...I disagree. This figure could WRECK an enemy's forces in the late game, and would perhaps be most effective there.
Overall, a good attempt....nice work. I'd play this with a little brush up and perhaps a point value tweak.

DAREDEVIL....in general, what's with putting their secret identity name on the top of the card? It doesn't matter for gameplay, it just looks kind of strange.
This guy is basically Drake-lite, yet point-costed only ten points cheaper....I think he should be less costly.
I would consider giving him move 6.

BLACK WIDOW.....I like her X order marker negating power, but I would make her add at least 3 or 4, maybe even 5 to Initiative rolls. You could maybe only add the Initiative bonus if her card has a marker on it.
Her zipline power is okay, but could be something more exciting. A good figure overall. I would consider giving her move 6 and range of at least 6 or 7.

MOONKNIGHT.....Glider cape is very interesting and unique. I like it. A lot. Only thing I would recommend is that it possibly add one or two or even three to his move when he uses it. Double Attack? Eh. How about a power that has some sort of lunar theme?
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
So what happened to all your stuff?

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:19 AM

MacG Woo who?
I have this neurosis about my photobucket account. It gets too full and I can't see it all so I just take stuff out and upload what I'm excited about. I guess I ought to learn to use the filing system. There. I reloaded and relinked. Try that.

Here's my Iron Fist. Like I said, the art's not nearly as cool as yours. I like the Iron Fist mechanic, because it rewards you for leaving it last, just like the comics. It's for the climactic battle.

My Hellboy picked up everything yours didn't. Very amusing.
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:41 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
I have this neurosis about my photobucket account. It gets too full and I can't see it all so I just take stuff out and upload what I'm excited about. I guess I ought to learn to use the filing system. There. I reloaded and relinked. Try that.

Here's my Iron Fist. Like I said, the art's not nearly as cool as yours. I like the Iron Fist mechanic, because it rewards you for leaving it last, just like the comics. It's for the climactic battle.

My Hellboy picked up everything yours didn't. Very amusing.
IRON FIST:
Hero for hire? What does that do?
Special attack....I'd reword to something a bit more like this "at the start of every round, add an Iron Fist marker to this card. Remove all Iron Fist markers to use Iron Fist special attack....blah blah blah....Roll one attack die for each Iron Fist marker on this card. That way in a long game it could be used more than once, which I think better justifies his cost, while still encouraging you to wait a while before using it. Put no limit on how ppowerful it can get either....that will be interesting.

HELLBOY:
Improve the style of the card to match the nice little consistant design you've been working with of blue heroes, red villains. That way he'll fit in better. And speaking of fitting in, I'd go through and rethink some of your left-side-of-card wordings on many of these guys.

I like Stone Hand special attack. I'd increase the range of his normal attack though....you seem married to these short ranges. I think there's a reason there's not any of them in official HS. They're boring. Make his range about 6.
Improve the wording of Ghsotbreaker. Make it more general. Perhaps just a bonus against the forces of Utgar and the Undead? I'm never a fan of these sort of vague rules that make you determine what is and isn't supernatural, or list like ten different figure types. Keep it simple, keep it flexible. I would also make sure that you can add this extra die to his special, if you want.
Gunbreaker....I love it....all the more reason though that his range should be higher....he has a darn good chance of losing it completely.
Old July 27th, 2006, 12:44 PM
has been BANNED

Oh, and give Hellboy Lava Resistant, if you can fit it on there. When I think of Hellboy, that's one of the first key traits I think of. The dude can't be burnt up, which in HS should be represented by Lava Resistant.

If you reword Ghostbreaker, you should have room for it. Consider bumping his move up to 6. Hellboy is pretty nimble and quick.
Old July 28th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I just have to say I like the personality bit for Hellboy. I read deadpan and got a good chuckle.
Old August 13th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Ziwewi

Achtung!!
Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:58 PM

blindmiceinboots has disabled reputation
All of the photos you posted i cant see, says they are removed from the site (all exept spidey,Iron Fist, Hulk, Hellboy, and Abomination) just thought id let you know, i really like the ones i can see btw, good job on them
Old August 23rd, 2006, 03:13 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Iron Fist and Hellboy customs

It's interesting to compare cards based on the same characters... Your version and mine are interestingly different...

Iron Fist -
Shaolin - good

Stealth leap- I don't remember him leaping around and doing flips and stuff.....

Iron Fist Special - very clever... jcb isn't wrong, though. It would be alright to let him charge it up and use it a few times...

Hero for Hire - maybe put this instead of protector or make it a power - someone had made a very clever draft purchase mechanic and this could be used for that. You would bid against other players that wanted to draft the unit. I don't remember who did that...

Hellboy -

Stone Hand - good

Ghostbreaker - perhaps this should be non-humans...

Gunbreaker - This is too damaging and crippling to Hellboy. And much to easy to happen. He is more likely for his gun to blow up than to score a wound. I don't remember his gun exploding that much in the comic.

I would make his attack 4 or 5 and combine the stone hand and ghostbreaker and I would get rid of the gunbreaker or make it a roll of 1 or 2 on the d20.

This is now the 3rd Hellboy card I know of as Aratak did the first one long ago.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:55 AM

MacG Woo who?

Updated Iron Fist to something cooler. I like the GOT YOUR BACK so they're better when fighting back to back.

This has ended up mostly futile. The flame beasts are neat, but everyone just ignores them and whacks Pyro, like in the comics.

I'm tempted to use a deadly claw attack, but he's never that great. Usually someone holds him off, claws looking dangerous but not actually maiming anyone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations