Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:53 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Airborne Elite

The Book of Airborne Elite

Rise of the Valkyrie - Master Set

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: Battle-trained on the planet Earth, the Airborne Elite squad has plagued the enemy with its deadly sneak attacks. Lifted high by Valkyries and dropped behind enemy lines, they parachute down for a surprise visit, then quickly fire a barrage of grenades to unleash total havoc in the enemy's own territory. Off the battlefield the Elites are a fun-loving bunch, known for their practical jokes and raucous card games. When called into action, they are unmatched in fast action, focus and fearlessness. (Hasbro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 2.
Use this power once per game. Start the game with a grenade marker on this card. Remove the grenade marker to throw grenades. One at a time do the following with each Airborne Elite: Choose a figure to attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by the Grenade Special Attack. Roll 2 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately.

THE DROP
Airborne Elite do not start the game on the battlefield. At the start of each round, before you place order markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, you may place all 4 Airborne Elite figures on any empty spaces. You cannot place them adjacent to each other or other figures, or on Glyphs.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Activating for Partial Squad
If I decide not to throw a grenade with one Airborne, Can I throw 2 Grenades with one of the other ones?
No, you must throw one grenade with each Airborne. They must be thrown in the same turn. If one of your Airborne Elite is out of range, he cannot throw a grenade and loses the ability since it is a once per game special attack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- THE DROP : Landing Under Overhangs
Can you use The Drop to drop the Airborne Elite into an area below an overhang?
No. (Hasbro FAQ)

- THE DROP : One Time Activation
Do you have the ability to drop the Airborne Elite every turn with The Drop?
No, due to the complexity of the Grenade Special Attack we had to cut down the wording on The Drop. The Airborne do not enter the battlefield until they are dropped (By a roll of 13 or higher prior to the beginning of each turn). After that they cannot be dropped again. You may go the entire game without dropping them. That is why the Airborne Elite are a valuable weapon, but also a costly risk. (Hasbro FAQ)

- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Optional Attack
When you use the Grenade Special Attack power, does each Airborne Elite have to lob a grenade if they have an enemy in sight?
No. They don't have to. But if one uses his grenades, they all have to use them. You can't split it up across turns. (Hasbro FAQ)

- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Order for Rolling Defense
When an Airborne Elite uses his Grenade Special Attack into a crowded area, who gets hit first?
The target always rolls defense first. Then the attacker determines the order in which the other figures roll defense dice. (Hasbro FAQ)

- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Attacking a Double-Spaced Figure
If I target a double spaced figure with Grenade Special Attack, who is considered adjacent?
Normally it’s anyone adjacent to the hex the character is on, however with double spaced figures any character that is adjacent to either space/hex it occupies is hit. (Hasbro FAQ)

- THE DROP : 4th Massachusetts Line and Valiant Army Defense Bonus
If I draft and field an all valiant army and include the Airborne Elite, do the 4th Massachusetts Line receive their Valiant Army Defense Bonus if I have not used The Drop to field the Airborne Elite?
Yes! Even though the Airborne Elite is part of your army and has a Disciplined personality, they do not disrupt the Valiant Army Defense Bonus until you activate “The Drop” and they are in play. (dnutt99)

- GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK : Lobbing Grenades "Around / Through" Figures
If I want to attack a group of enemies behind an opposing Braxas, (who is standing between my AE unit and the group I wish to attack, and who has a height of 13), can I throw the grenade around Braxas, or through her legs to attack the group on the other side?
Yes! Figures are not walls. They have dead space that can be utilized as a legal passing point of the lobbed grenade. (Hasbro FAQ)

- BEFORE "THE DROP" : Placing Enhancements / Order Markers on the Army Card Before Units are on the Board
Can I place Eldgrim's "Warrior's Swiftness Spirit," (or any other viking spirit), on the Airborne Elite Army Card even though the Airborne Elite have not yet Dropped?
Yes, you can place it on any unique army card, yours or your opponents, on the battlefield, or not. This includes the Airborne Elite before they drop as well as the Retchets. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS: Soldier Leadership
As Soldiers, the Airborne Elite may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- MARCUS DECIMUS GALLUS: Soldier Attack Enhancement
As Soldiers, the Airborne Elite may benefit from Marcus Decimus Gallus’ SOLDIER ATTACK ENHANCEMENT.

- SIR GILBERT : Jandar’s Dispatch
As a Squad that follows Jandar, the Airborne Elite may benefit from Sir Gilbert's JANDAR'S DISPATCH movement bonus.
Synergy Benefits Offered
- SACRED BAND: Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
Having a Disciplined personality, the Airborne Elite may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
When placing your AE on the board after a successful drop, remember to place them at least one turn’s movement away from where you want them to actually “land”. Example: if you want to throw a grenade on your first turn, place your AE four hexes (away from the enemy and hopefully with height advantage) back from the hex where you plan on throwing it from. If you happen to lose the initiative, those 4 buffer spaces should at least keep them safe from melee attack on the first round where you can then hopefully reevaluate the situation. (UPC)

Power Rankings

Jexik: Airborne Elite- Though easy to kill, the AE can attack with high power. A-

OEAO: Airborne Elite- 4x4 at 8 after a first round Drop is crazy ridiculous. Avoid using grenades other than in a very specific few circumstances as they are a trap. Inconsistent in that they can fail to drop or just not drop when you need them to, and 2 defense is bad. A-

Cleon: Tier 8 (32/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Paratrooping onto Ladder Rungs?
Grenades under Overhangs?

Unit Strategy Review
Unit Strategy Review: Airborne Elite

Last edited by superfrog; March 5th, 2019 at 02:09 PM. Reason: vc added
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Love these guys. Getting the drop can be kind of risky sometimes in smaller armies, but if you're going to build a tourney worthy army that's NOT centered on Vydar units (Q9, KMA, Braxas), these guys are a good place to start, IMO.
Plus, as long as the rest of your army is valiant, they work well with the 4th Line, because until the AE drop, all your figures on the board are valiant and the 4th Line get their bonus.
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
I've seen these guys destroy armies by themselves!(This happened for me against PoF and his "2 moves per order marker army". Long story short, I put them each on sniping posts and fired away with 4 attack!) I absolutely love these guys, great clean up units, and most of the time they will kill equal to or more than their point value. But they do have a history of being inconsistent sometimes. Their weakness is their move of 4, but can be replenished with Marcus' "Soldier Leadership" Overall, I give these guys a B+

Old May 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
These guys are one of my top 10 most competitive units in all of Heroscape, along with (off the top of my head), Q9, Raelin, KMA, Braxas, 4th Line, Laglor, Charos, Kaemon Awa, and the Deathreavers.
Of course, plenty of other great options out there as well, but I'd rarely try to build a competitive army (as opposed to a thematic one, or all melee, or something like that) without fielding one of these ten.
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:00 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
In the team tourney in Dallas, IMax and Minimax (it was the latter's doing) dropped the AE on my teammate's and my army and with initiative, took out six (count 'em, six) guys (knights and 4th Mass) with grenades on the very first turn. Can you say, "game defining moment"? It was and it was so astounding that both victors and vanquished enjoyed it immensely.
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk
Apparently, you lose the game and cannot try for the drop if all your other figures are destroyed before the AE come down.

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=150
Yes, this is the great weakness of the AE -- the possibility that they will never drop. On the other hand, sometimes when they drop late in a game, coming iin all fresh and landing in the perfect places, they are simply devastating. Some people have actually passed on dropping the AE early in order to have the possibility (you do have to re-roll for drop) of saving them for later.
If I hit Drop on the 1st turn, I will almost NEVER drop them. I find the AE much much more effective once the opponent's army is spread out all over the map and have advanced up a little. If you drop them turn one or 2 and lose initiative, all of your AE are probably dead. All the opponent has to do is put Order Marker #1 on a strong ranged squad to kill 3-4 of them. When you drop them late, your army is there for backup, and it eases order marker placement for the first few turns. The AE have the ability to catch up with your army no matter where they are on the board.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
I just played these guys last night. They rocked the house. I got the drop a little late in the game (round 5...I think). They landed on to a high platform about 8 hexes high. I put all 3 order markers on them. They took out DED, Q9(with 2 wound markers on him), 2 ninjas, and Mimring(with 1 wound marker on him) in 2 turns. I didn't even need to use them the third order marker. Ohh I also had an attack glyph with one of my samurai. Needless to say They earned a lot of respect from me last night.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:07 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I just played a 4 hour game Ullar/Jandar Vs Vydar/Einar.
I managed to get the AE out on the second round and placed them close enough to the enemies front lines. Two of them got taken out by Kaemon but the other two soldiers prevailed and Used their Grenade SA. The first AE rolled a 2 and took out all 3 gorillinators, 2 Nakitas and 1 Microcorp Agent which i thought was awesome, but the cherry on the top had to be the second soldiers attack. He lobbed his grenade at a Gladiatron and killed 2 of them and 2 blastatrons! This was the second round and already half of Vydars team was annihilated!
The game ended with 3 Vydar figures vs 3 Jandar Figures and finished with Vydar winning with 2 players left; Dund (not damaged) and X17 (4 lives gone!)
It was a really good match and i think the map i played on was great!
Old June 17th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
These guys are one of my top 10 most competitive units in all of Heroscape, along with (off the top of my head), Q9, Raelin, KMA, Braxas, 4th Line, Laglor, Charos, Kaemon Awa, and the Deathreavers.
Of course, plenty of other great options out there as well, but I'd rarely try to build a competitive army (as opposed to a thematic one, or all melee, or something like that) without fielding one of these ten.
They're definately on my top 10 list as well, maybe even top 5 (but probably not). I think the drop is a very great ability to follow up a grenade S.A. or to get a height advantage. And I love how they can out range poeple with their 8 range. They're also disciplined and soldiers which helps in some armies. 3 attack normally, with a range of 8 and being a squad of 4, can be killer and can take out many units. They do only have a move of 4 and a def. of 2, though. But their drop ability can make up their move and their long range of 8 can make up for their low def. Over all, in my opinion, they deserve an A instead of an A- on the power rankings.
Old June 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM

FADE has disabled reputation
Dont drop them with the thought of using the grenade special, they make great snipers and can come down anywhere.

Hint hint on the far side of a map where there are units without turn markers on them.

Me talking to my friend in lecture:
"Grimnak will eat your head" - Me
"What" - Him
"He's a orc who rides a T-Rex"
"WHAT!" - Him
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
When I play with these guys they always do horrid, maybe I not doing something right....
The trick is to not place them too close to your enemys forces because the AE's range is pretty great (even if they only have 4 movement) and get Height advantage straight away allowing them to get 4 attack which is great for picking off the Foe's figures!
Old June 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM

These guys always, always, always tear it up for me. An early drop is usually a big help, so you can get to height advantage before your opponent. I almost never use the grenade special as four attacks from height are usually more valuable offensively. But every once in a while if I see a particularly vulnerable section of squaddies clustered around, say, Raelin, I might take a shot with it. It's a special attack, so it's useful for hitting figures like Drake whom normal attacks are less effective against as well. Basically, I agree that you shouldn't strategize to use their grenade lob, just keep it in your back pocket. When you drop them, keep them on height about 10-12 spaces away from your opponent's front lines. Then, when it's your turn, move them into range and fire away. As your opponent moves troops forward, keep backing up - there's no reason to easily allow any opponents to get you in range unless it's Syvarris or another unit with higher range. The Krav can be tough against these guys, as well as a few other units, but the AE can tear up armies for sure. Just keep them out of melee absolutely as long as possible - just like Mimring.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units