Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Azrael

The Book of Azrael

C3G DC WAVE 12
LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #016-018 / Azrael.

Character Bio - "Jean-Paul Valley, a university graduate student of computer science in Gotham City, is unaware that he is the latest in a line of assassin-enforcers for “The Sacred Order of Saint Dumas”, a sinister religious secret society, and had received training and mental conditioning to prepare him for this role since before he was born. For most of his life, he has been brainwashed with "The System", a deep level of psychological conditioning. Valley only learns of this upon the death of his father, who was also his predecessor, at which time his conditioning is activated and he is called upon to take up the mantle of Azrael. When he is sent by the Order to kill a weapons dealer, a rogue member of the Order who had turned against the others and killed his father, he crosses paths with Batman, also investigating the death of Valley's father […] Valley is given a job as a security guard at WayneTech headquarters, and also becomes an apprentice crimefighter alongside Batman and Robin, learning basic detective work. Valley plays a pivotal role in the “Knightfall” story arc (1992–1994), in which he stands in as Batman after Bruce Wayne is defeated and paralyzed at the hands of Bane." (Wikipedia, 2011).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q- Can the Burn Damage from Azrael's Flaming Blades cause additional damage to a figure that has a power that prevents more than 1 wound per attack, such as Magical Defense or Impenetrable Skin?
  • A- Yes. With each roll of the dice is a new chance for damage.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 07:42 PM. Reason: png
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:18 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Azrael - Design Phase

NAME = AZRAEL
SECRET IDENTITY = JEAN-PAUL VALLEY

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = CONFLICTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

THE SYSTEM SUPPRESSION
Start the game with a red System Marker. Before Order Markers are placed each round, you may place or remove the System Marker. While the System Marker is on this card, Azrael has the class of Assassin instead of Vigilante, and he adds 1 to his Move, Attack, and Defense numbers. Before taking a turn with Azrael, if the System Marker is on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-6, Azrael cannot move and must attack each adjacent figure exactly 1 time this turn.

FLAMING BLADES
If Azrael inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack on a figure that does not have the Lava Resistant special power, roll one unblockable attack die for Burn Damage. After attacking with Azrael’s normal attack, you may attack one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 28th, 2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM

Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I like the mechanics of "The System" but I am failing to see how it fits thematically.

"The System" is a form of training (so to speak) that made him physically peak human in strength, speed & reflex. And that is all at once not a focus on defense one minute then attack the next. It's psychological & is triggered by donning the uniform but other then that he is always peak human.

Other then that I think the rest looks fine.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:49 PM

Yeah, I'm actually kind of displeased with "The System" right now and I'm working on a rewrite that I should have up in a few minutes ... The new version will make its use all or nothing, but will also let it show how we walks the line between light and dark, with The System drawing him to the "dark side" and to a place of instability where no loyalties are respected ... It'll also work in my original goal of this guy working with the Vigilante faction (and thus Batman and Robin) as well.

Old November 22nd, 2011, 04:54 PM

OK, here's my second take on him ... I like this a lot better, but it is a tad more complex. Based on mechanics from Magneto, Green Lantern, and Sir Hawthorne.
Let me know what you guys think!

NAME = AZRAEL
SECRET IDENTITY = JEAN PAUL VALLEY

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = PROGRAMMED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 170?

THE SYSTEM
Start the game with a red System Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may place or remove the System Marker. While the System Marker is on Azrael’s card, he has the class of Assassin instead of Vigilante, and he adds one to his Move, Attack, and Defense. Before taking a turn with Azrael, if the System Marker is on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-6, choose an opponent. That opponent will now control Azrael for the remainder of your turn, but will not be able to view any unrevealed Order Markers on his card. At the end of that turn, control of Azrael returns to you.

FLAMING BLADES
If Azrael inflicts one or more wounds on a defending figure with his normal attack, and the defending figure does not have the Lava Resistant special power, roll one unblockable attack die for burn damage on that defending figure. After attacking with Azrael’s normal attack, you may attack one additional time.

SUPER STRENGTH

Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I am still not getting why he gains strength when the system marker is on him. I do like the opponent taking a turn part, that is great take on the internal struggle of walking the line between light & dark. But I don't recall him not having strength when he was in the Azrael persona.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I am not digging the rewrite either. Perhaps:

I will think more about this.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Some pix. He was a difficult one because he's leaning so far forward, but I did what I could.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Aug2011045.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Aug2011044.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Aug2011041.jpg

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I trust you DC nerds to sort this out
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
I don't have time to research him right now and I don't know the character at all. I'll comment on any mechanic issues I see later when you get the theme worked out.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library