Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
The Book of Black Wyrmling

The Book of Black Wyrmling

Warriors of Eberron – Collection D2 – Golem and Wyrmlings

Spoiler Alert!

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check the HeroScapers Gallery or Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio (adapted from home page): The Black Wyrmling, like all aptly colored Wyrmlings, is both versatile and exciting! It may be wild, but Braxas and Othkurik keep it in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
FLEDGLING ACID BREATH
Instead of attacking with a Black Wyrmling, you may choose one small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of it. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, nothing happens. If you roll an 11-15, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. If you roll a 16 or higher, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.

WYRMLING BONDING
After revealing an order marker on a Black Wyrmling Army Card, before taking that Black Wyrmling's turn, you may take a turn with one other Wyrmling you control.

FLYING
When counting spaces for a Black Wyrmling's movement, ignore elevations. A Black Wyrmling may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If a Black Wyrmling is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.
A: No.

Synergy Benefits Received
WYRMLINGS: Wyrmling Bonding:
As a Wyrmling, a Black Wyrmling may benefit from the WYRMLING BONDING power of the following units:
· Black Wyrmling
· Blue Wyrmling
· Red Wyrmling
· White Wyrmling
Synergy Benefits Offered
WYRMLINGS: Wyrmling Bonding:
As Wyrmlings, the following units may benefit from the Black Wyrmling’s WYRMLING BONDING activation synergy:
· Black Wyrmling
· Blue Wyrmling
· Red Wyrmling
· White Wyrmling
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Rankings

Jexik: Black Wyrmling- Cute as Krav or PK tech. B+

OEAE: B+

Cleon: Tier 8 (30/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A-

Master Index
Wyrmlings - What's Your Army Idea?
Wyrmlings vs. Wyrms!
Early Wyrmling Strategy Musings - More than meets the eye?
Unit Debate #51 -- Wyrmlings vs. Elementals
Unit Debate #55 -- The Wyrmlings

Unit Strategy Review
- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; March 6th, 2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: vc added
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:45 AM

N/A is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: The Book of Black Wyrmling

Black wyrmlings sort of make the white wyrmlings irrelevant. While the whites can use their Special attack on larger figures, most will easily be able to defend against it without an issue. Blacks are tough-squad killers and hero wounders. Two of them acting in concert can dump a good number of wound markers on a medium hero before they can take them out. Also like mama their breath isn't a special attack, which is nice. Two used wisely are a cheap amusing fix to Minions, SoJ, or Nakitas
Old August 3rd, 2010, 01:59 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Keep in mind, though, that the Black Wyrmlings can only attack one figure with their mini acid breath, while the white wyrmlings can get two with ther ice shards. White Wyrmlings also have an additional defence die, which can be the difference between life and death for common heroes.

I'm not saying the white is better, though. I'd choose the black over it unless I was going up against an Ashigaru army(Just off the top of my head; there are other armies I might use them against as well). But the black does not necassarily make the white irrelevant.

Last edited by All Your Pie; August 3rd, 2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 09:10 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

In the absence of all other modifiers and powers, the white's special does more average damage against a multi-life hero with defense of 4 or less or a single life figure with a defense of 3 or less.
Old August 3rd, 2010, 10:29 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
In the absence of all other modifiers and powers, the white's special does more average damage against a multi-life hero with defense of 4 or less or a single life figure with a defense of 3 or less.
I find that hard to believe seeing that Whites have to attack different figures with their Ice Shards.

White is still better, though.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:08 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
I find that hard to believe seeing that Whites have to attack different figures with their Ice Shards.

You're right, I forgot about the different figures limitation. Still, if you can get 2 targets in range, white wyrmlings will often do more average damage then blacks. .
Old August 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right, I forgot about the different figures limitation. Still, if you can get 2 targets in range, white wyrmlings will often do more average damage then blacks. .
Yes but the opponent can't roll defense dice against the Black, I think it evens out. I like the Black better my self
Old August 18th, 2010, 03:56 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I played a game with three Black Wyrmlings, and my opponents were calling for their blood by the end of the game. It may have been my rolling, but a few of these guys are easily as frustrating to play against as Braxas is, in my opinion.
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I also just played a game with 3 of these guys on one team and they were pretty awesome!! Took KA down in just 2 turns. With 6 movement and 4 range they can get in position to start spitting acid rather quickly. While they won't live forever, it doesn't take much to get their points back when causing 1-3 wounds per ordermarker.
Old August 19th, 2010, 08:15 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes but the opponent can't roll defense dice against the Black, I think it evens out. I like the Black better my self

I agree, it's also the reason I lean towards Braxas over other dragons in tournament settings. In this day and age Raelin is so common that being able to totally ignore her is huge. The whites look the least appealing to me, believe it or not. I like being able to ignore the defense dice completely. Especially with more and more units coming out with 4 or more defense and auto shield abilities. I havent been able to play any of the wyrmlings yet, so I cant say for sure which I like to actually play more, but on paper the order is Black/Red tie, then Blue, then White. I guess I'll see for sure when I actually get to play

Let freedom ring with the shotgun blast
Old August 27th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

All the Wyrmlings have their own uses to me and I find that the Black Wyrmling is the best Hero Killer.
Old August 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I also just played a game with 3 of these guys on one team and they were pretty awesome!! Took KA down in just 2 turns. With 6 movement and 4 range they can get in position to start spitting acid rather quickly. While they won't live forever, it doesn't take much to get their points back when causing 1-3 wounds per ordermarker.
I played a game in which 4 Black Wyrmlings took out KA, Raelin, and 2 Omnicron Snipers. They seem best at taking out high defense dice / low life heroes. It is sometimes very useful to be able to ignore height and Raelin when attacking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units