Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 1/20 - Poison Ivy

I think your Poison Ivy is great as it is, but it might be cool if you incorporated actual plants (the jungle trees, bushes, and forest trees) into the Plant Command ability, instead of just relying on grass or swamp terrain. I may do it to mine if you're not interested...
Old January 22nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
I think your Poison Ivy is great as it is, but it might be cool if you incorporated actual plants (the jungle trees, bushes, and forest trees) into the Plant Command ability, instead of just relying on grass or swamp terrain. I may do it to mine if you're not interested...
Ooh, that's a good one... I might steal that idea, if you don't mind.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I decided on Corps Member so he wouldn't be unbalanced. I think it adds a bit of variety too, since I don't want to start putting too many customs into pre-existing classes.
Fair enough... but where's the rest of the Corps?
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:01 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

All right, but neither of these two are what what I consider to be "final drafts."

Old January 22nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Sherman Davies' DC customs - updated 1/22 - GL Corps

Adding a life, triple attack (though admittedly weaker than the double), and Carry to John Stewart over Iron Man for only 20 points might be a bit much. Then again maybe not.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:17 AM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Touche, sir.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 02:45 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Ring Punch Special Attack?

I hope I'm not the only one who found that to be a funny name for an ability...
Old January 23rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
C3G Hero

Sorry for the brevity of my earlier comment, I was on my way to a rock show.

I'm impressed that you had some 'reserve' GL Corps members at the ready. They both look great already.

The only comment I would have is that by giving them all the CARRY power, you don't really need more than one of them on a team... since they can all fly! Any one of them would be great as a single GL in your own Justice League, but I wouldn't draft more than one of them unless there was some kind of synergy figure added. Is there an Oan mini available? That would make a great cheerleader.

I would suggest giving Hal CARRY [since he used to carry Green Arrow and Batman around back in the day]. Give John some other power that relates to his Marine Corps background. As for Kilowog, maybe some kind of OVEREXTEND ATTACK to make him a true melee powerhouse. If you do a Kyle Rayner in the future, play up his artistic personality. And Guy should just be annoying, like Isamu or something. Jerk.

Anyway, you make me wish I had even ONE GL mini...
Alas, I will be using your Batman cards the next time I play [I have all the minis], hopefully this weekend. It's hard to find a Heroscape game in San Diego!
Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Adding a life, triple attack (though admittedly weaker than the double), and Carry to John Stewart over Iron Man for only 20 points might be a bit much. Then again maybe not.
Yeah, I haven't playtested either of these two yet, so you may be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Ring Punch Special Attack?

I hope I'm not the only one who found that to be a funny name for an ability...
Not when you're at the receiving end, buddy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
The only comment I would have is that by giving them all the CARRY power, you don't really need more than one of them on a team... since they can all fly! Any one of them would be great as a single GL in your own Justice League, but I wouldn't draft more than one of them unless there was some kind of synergy figure added. Is there an Oan mini available? That would make a great cheerleader.

I would suggest giving Hal CARRY [since he used to carry Green Arrow and Batman around back in the day]. Give John some other power that relates to his Marine Corps background. As for Kilowog, maybe some kind of OVEREXTEND ATTACK to make him a true melee powerhouse. If you do a Kyle Rayner in the future, play up his artistic personality. And Guy should just be annoying, like Isamu or something. Jerk.
Good suggestions, but I'm torn. The popular approach to the Green Lantern Corps around here seems to be making a separate card for the Green Lantern Power Ring and applying it to all the Lanterns, who then have different stats to differentiate them. I didn't want to go that route, so I gave them different powers that reflected their personalities, but I still wanted at least one power that they shared in common that would tie them all together thematically, not counting flying. The Carry ability seemed the most obvious, as GLs always seem to be flying people around in bubbles and stuff, not to mention that was pretty much what they did in Heroclix, if I remember.

As for Guy, I'd love to make a figure for him, but he's a rare Heroclix figure and sells for way more money than I'm willing to spend on a small piece of plastic. I may work on a card for those of you out there who do have him, though.
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
C3G Hero

Etrigan vs Klarion

Quote:
Quote:
...Etrigan is a nice little bonus if you remember his appearance on [Batman] the animated series... a Klarion The Witch Boy custom could compliment him well [hint hint]...
...As for Klarion the Witch Boy, I eagerly await your custom of him. (Although I'm not sure Heroclix ever made him, hmmm...)...
Well, your wait is over. Thanks for the inspiration, your Etrigan is awesome, and I made Klarion to play against him.
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:14 AM
C3G Hero

Re: BatScape The Animated Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada
Man, your Batman customs are great! I want to have a 'Batman : The Animated Series' inspired brawl with all those great members of his rogues gallery you've created. The Harley & Ivy pairing makes me especially giddy, but now they need a Batgirl to fight. Speaking of other customs you should do, any plans for Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, Catwoman, Ras Al Ghul... basically any of the series mainstays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
I do have a Batgirl card, but as I haven't finished playtesting her yet, I haven't posted her in this thread. Same goes for all the other Bat-villians you listed above.
I encourage you to post all of the above, even they're only in an embryonic state. There seems to be a creative breeze blowing through these parts, and you could get them all knocked out quickly if you had the right feedback.

At the expense of sounding like a fanboy, your custom stuff looks great, and is probably the most consistently 'canon looking' of all the custom Super Hero cards on here. I have my own weird aesthetic for my custom cards, but yours look like REAL HS cards, thanks to the great portraits you use of the miniatures. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Plus, I want to playtest your Batman customs soon, and I'm gonna need Two-Face, Catwoman and Ra's to do that. Still need to get a Mr. Freeze mini.

Get to work!
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM

Re: BatScape The Animated Series

Quote:
At the expense of sounding like a fanboy, your custom stuff looks great, and is probably the most consistently 'canon looking' of all the custom Super Hero cards on here. I have my own weird aesthetic for my custom cards, but yours look like REAL HS cards, thanks to the great portraits you use of the miniatures. Thanks again for all the hard work.
And thanks for the compliments. Now my head's so swelled my hats don't fit.

Since you have specific plans to run a playtest Bat-game, I'll make an exception and post the figures you'll need. Here ya go.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; December 24th, 2012 at 04:32 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations