Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of The Ruins of Valhalla maps is the best?!
Forsaken Cloister 3 7.50%
Arborshate's Pathway 1 2.50%
By a Common Barrier 0 0%
Ruined Pier 4 10.00%
The Great Wall of Valhalla 12 30.00%
Desecrated Mine 10 25.00%
Hephaestus 2 5.00%
Valda Keep 2 5.00%
Stalwart 3 7.50%
From the Ashes 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2nd, 2016, 05:17 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: Ruins of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
When we finish building our entries, should we post them here or PM them directly to the judges? This contest actually got me real excited to build maps again. It's been quite awhile for me.
Post them here so that we and the community can see them! Looking forward to what you've got!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 3rd, 2016, 02:06 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I wasnt sure if a scenario needed to be added, or if you just wanted maps. But here is my submission.

Ragnarok Map for submission as a Virtualscape .hsc file.

Old September 3rd, 2016, 02:44 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Alright! Thanks @Colorcrayons for our first official Submission! looks pretty nifty !

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 3rd, 2016, 02:49 AM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

We finally arrived. Just beyond the thick mist I could see stone walls
that were crumbling under their own weight. They once held grand
pathways on top but had long since fallen into the wet bog below. A few
hardy evergreens still stood with their roots clinging to what little remains
of the solid soil. Ornate carved pillars stand framing an entrance to the
temple on the east side of the courtyard. Darkness seemed to pour out of
the entrance, swallowing what little light that there was peeking through the
massive wet fog. The group had been searching for this monument for
endless weeks. Now the men could finally take a short rest. In the next
moment that seemed all too immediate, the familiar cry of the companies
warhorn blew into an echoless current of wind and mist. Peering through
branbles of bush and rubble I could just make out figures on the other side
readying their weapons and building formations. Fate clearly has no
intention of kindness today. The commander barked orders and I stood tall
ready to forge on.

Shattered Temple

Rules: This map uses no special rules. Suggested use of glyphs; Wound, Move,
and Initiative in their respective locations. 24 start zone spaces.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7N...ew?usp=sharing

HSC file

The scent of brimstone and ash filled the air. We finally arrived at what was the final resting place of a powerful god. The crypt was scorched by embers and had nearly completely sank into the lava. It was clear that whatever deity was here didn't want it's power disturbed. In addition to the newly sprouted burning earth, there were pools of water dotting the area. Steam danced above each one. If I didn't think it would sear my skin off I would expect that the water would actually be quite soothing. Looking in one of the pools there was a glint of light reflecting out of the pool. This must be one of the treasures that the now broken crypt housed.

Rules: This map uses no special rules. It makes use of 2 power glyphs and 4 treasure glyphs. Suggested glyphs are Initiative(power), Wound (power), attack(treasure), defense(treasure), disengage(treasure), and defense ring(treasure). 24 Start Zone Spaces.

Trap: If a hero fails to pick up a treasure glyph the pool of water starts to boil and he must make a defense roll against an attack that always rolls 2 skulls.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7N...ew?usp=sharing

HSC file

Last edited by GeneralRolando; September 20th, 2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 04:22 AM

@GeneralRolando Thanks for your submission! I also appreciate the brief backstory, really getting into the spirit of the contest there...that was fun to read and got me jazzed brownie points +

In fact...b/c that was so fun to read...I think I'll allow those that do add backstories to their maps to get small prize

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 3rd, 2016, 05:19 AM

*GeneralRolando added a backstory to his map submission, and I thought it was really fun to read, so if you'd like, add one to your submissions as well and you'll receive a custom painted set of Order Markers*

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:17 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Awesome, seeing the entries come in. On a side note, I just finished the castle tower prize last night and I think you guys will love it. I will post pics of it after I get off work later today.

EDIT: Both Entries looking good so far. I'll see if I can give them a spin. @GeneralRolando , especially love the back story, well written.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 3rd, 2016, 10:28 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Map: Derelict Ramparts HSC file
Requirements: 1 SotM, 1BftU, 1 FotA.

The ancient remains of a long-abandoned fortification. The eerie landscape has been contaminated by its Marro captors, and swampland is slowly concealing any evidence that this holdout ever existed to stand against them...

Since updating to Windows 10, I've been unable to render maps in high quality with Virtualscape. It would be a huge help if another person would be able to do this for me! Enjoy the map!

Last edited by Robber; September 6th, 2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2016, 11:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape , here is the link to the post with the prize tower. NHSD Map Tournament Prize. If you want to add this link to the OP.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 4th, 2016, 04:02 PM

Link for dice tower tourney prize added to OP. But here's a picture to get you excited!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old September 4th, 2016, 07:39 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh man, I should have known better than to judge a contest where Trex is making the prize. I want to enter now.
Old September 5th, 2016, 09:41 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

An expedition record, of sorts:

Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games