Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old November 4th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Exclamation You Need Permission To Start A Contest Or Forum Game!!

OK folks. If you want to start a contest then you need to first PM one of the contest forum admins to see if it is ok. We don't want a deluge of contests because it reduces the participation levels of all the contests. we will space them out so that they get the attention they deserve.

ALSO! Think first before you just toss a contest out there. I've seen some pretty weak contests lately. Be clear about the point of the contest, the rules, the time frame, and the reward. Remember that in the past contests were more rare and consequently more exciting. Let's get that back again.

EDIT by bunjee:

CONTEST GUIDELINES
1) send a pm to a contest forum admin, currently: Bunjee, Lordraidor. and include:
****Contest name
****Contest goal (make something, identify something, etc)
****Contest prize/award
2) If there are a number of contests already running, or you are already running a contest, you will be added to the "Contest Queue" and notified when it is ok to start your contest.
3) When you start your contest, clearly title your thread. ie: Contest: Custom card team (entry deadline dd/mm)
4) Update your thread title for contest events such as deadline date, entry closed, winner announce date, winner announced.
5) Communicate in your thread about number of entries received periodically.

(more guidelines are likely to be added)

Yes you are correct Bunjee!

We would like to add that forum games such as RPG's etc, will also need to get permission before beginning.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Last edited by Grungebob; May 19th, 2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
was mine ok? I PMed LilNewbie before requesting permission because i was unsure...it's a bit ironic you would post this now, GB...
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:43 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I'd like to contest your post, GB.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
was mine ok? I PMed LilNewbie before requesting permission because i was unsure...it's a bit ironic you would post this now, GB...
KHA,

Yours was fine and it was cool that you asked first.

Newb.
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:47 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Jeez! Paranoia!! You did good to PM lilnewb. Although there are so many contests right now I'm afraid yours will get less attention.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
has been BANNED

yeah, i hate that "less attention" factor...I'm glad we are setting this rule; Maybe i can try my contest again if i am not satisifed with it's outcome sometime around spring break...

Thanks, GB!
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:07 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
Jeez! Paranoia!! You did good to PM lilnewb. Although there are so many contests right now I'm afraid yours will get less attention.
Translation:
Code:
You should have PMed me instead.
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:24 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Ok, I was completely unaware of this one. I am currently doing a Post contest based on the precedent of some previous post count-based contests.

Devil Post Contest

I have a clear set of rules and a simple requirement for winning. If the mods have a problem, I can close down before hitting 666 posts. However, I don't consider it "weak" to celebrate something you consider a milestone and which gives back to the community.
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:28 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
good idea GB. I agree with this 100%

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
Ok, I was completely unaware of this one. I am currently doing a Post contest based on the precedent of some previous post count-based contests.

Devil Post Contest

I have a clear set of rules and a simple requirement for winning. If the mods have a problem, I can close down before hitting 666 posts. However, I don't consider it "weak" to celebrate something you consider a milestone and which gives back to the community.
More paranoia!! Just enjoy your contest. 666 a milestone? Anyway, don't take this personally as it is not about you. We are wanting to get back to that point where contests got more attention because they were rare. Back then participation was much higher.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old November 5th, 2006, 09:51 AM
has been BANNED

yeah, when i first joined .NET ahd HQ i saw maybe 5 contests total. I've seen at least twice as many here at HSers alone...
Old November 5th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Good idea, GB. This glut of contests we've got is crap. Hell, we've got contests where one dude just goes, 'hey, make something! Best something wins! But no prizes!' It's like he thought of it between bites of his balogna sandwich and thought it sounded so great that he just HAD to post it right away.

So will you be deleting threads for contests that don't have permission? Say yes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games