Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 16th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Got a Job

Well, I got a job at a huge dairy farm near Ashland. My first official job. I still need to fill out a form of sorts, but I was informed today that I was a shoe in. I'll be having the early morning shift...around 5:00 AM...and I'll be most likely milking the cows.

Now, I know working at a dairy farm isn't exactly the greatest, but considering the lack of jobs around and the fact that this is only temporary (I plan to use a good deal of the money I earn for college), I'm very grateful for the opportunity.

~ABOMINATION~
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Got a Job

Congrats! Jobs aren't the easiest to come by nowadays!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Gratz on your first official job!

Still have mostly fond memories of my first "real" job.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks, both.

Js, what was your first job that you have mostly fond memories of?

Also, I start the job on Monday.
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You'll probably laugh - Working as a stock boy at a IGA in a small town. (Would later work 3rd shift stock at Wal-mart as well). I've always enjoyed physical work that when done I can look and say "I've done a good job".

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 16th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
You'll probably laugh - Working as a stock boy at a IGA in a small town. (Would later work 3rd shift stock at Wal-mart as well). I've always enjoyed physical work that when done I can look and say "I've done a good job".
Naw, I'm sure almost all 'first jobs' are like that.

I agree with you on the physical work, too. Nothing beats going to sleep after a full day of outside work.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Got my first "real" job (unless you count paper boy) earlier this year. I'm a waiter at a fancy retirement campus near my house. I feel so lucky; so many of my friends have tried and tried to get jobs, with no success. I heard a statistic on the news that says this year is the worst in 62 years for teens looking for jobs. That would be since 1948, in the post-war rush for jobs.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've read some statistics (sorry, no source) that said something along the lines of 20% of 18-25 year olds live at home, and some 27% are unemployed/looking for work.

The other day I read an article in the NYT about the job market for college grads and one of the people they highlighted had a four year degree and turned down a 45K job (they only job he was offered in three months of searching/applying) because he wanted to wait for his "dream job." Good for you for getting a head start in the work world. I worked in my dad's software design firm doing the books for three years. He's told me many times he had fond memories of his first job as a stock boy as well.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
I've got a ton of fond memerories of my first job to; as a 'cart pusher' at a grocery store. All I did all day, everyday was bring loads of carts in from outdoors. It was tough at time, but I didn't have to wear the uniform that the indoor staff did, and I was outside which was great. I loved it. I did it for about 7 years I think (about 16 to 23).

So congrats on the first job Abom, getting up at 5 might seem a little rough at first, but I assume it means you'll be off at a reasonable hour during the day. I think thats better than sleeping all morning, then working all day and having no time left after your shifts over.
Old July 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Founder of Democracy

TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby! TurtleKing99 rolls all skulls baby!

Wisconsin FTW!

I still don't have one.... but I guess I don't really need one.
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:56 PM
Chilly Fangirl

Getting up at 4:00 AM tomorrow to go to work. Wish me luck!

~ABOM, rather nervous.
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:22 PM

in2bator has disabled reputation

My first job was at the SuperSonic Car Wash. It wasn't too bad, except that it gets HOT inside those cars when cleaning all the interior windows.

Fun celebrity run-in: I washed the car of the great Wilford Brimley (the Quaker Oats guy). And by the way, he was an a$$ and hardly tipped anything after getting special treatment!

Good trades with SirGalahad, Nano*22, delphic, Talyn, Tartandoc, langfordrocks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General