Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old December 27th, 2014, 05:48 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Who is the best Gencon Main Event Player?

Nice necro @dok !
Old January 5th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Wow, #75. I thought I'd do a little better than that. Not counting day 1 success definitely changes it a little bit. The year I did make day 2 I went 5-0, back before the days of Reverse the Whip.* I mis-drafted for the first game of day 2, and got knocked out. I did poorly one year because I tried using Q10 (mistake). The other two years I think I was in the top 20 or close to it; at that point the difference between making day 2 and not is how many times the people that beat you went on to win. I think I've seen K-boom take 17th place because last name seemed to be one of the later tiebreakers. GG T's.

Thanks for putting in the work.

*I guess now going 5-0 with a strong army is less impressive, because all the people trying to win it all aren't drafting that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; January 5th, 2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old January 5th, 2015, 07:05 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The lack of day 1 results is somewhat limiting, although as you say they can be tricky to interpret in the RtW era. I could pretty much guarantee making day 2 every year these days, but I would probably lose within the first two rounds on day 2 every time (like I told Matt he would this year before the tournament started).

As I said, the bottom of the list isn't super-meaningful; it's not the worst players as much as "worst average day 2 results among players that have made day 2 at least once". Which is a kind of weird halfway measure.

Also, really, you're tied for #72. I know that makes you feel much better.
Old January 17th, 2015, 04:41 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm hoping this year to take a break from Summoner Wars and play the Main Event again. I miss it.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:43 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I updated with 2015 results. Weesel jumps all the way to #8 with his win. Matthias leapfrogs Mantrainchoochoo and lonewolf into #5 with his second place finish. Deroche totally blew the curve on "Wins Above Deroche", but I'll leave the name anyway.
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Please feel free to remove my name from the list. When you play 20 chain fighters you obviously don't give a crap about winning.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

I think I'm fine with being #8. All you need is a win to boost you up there I guess.
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:49 PM
Gen Con Main Event Champion - 2015

weesel99 knows what's in an order marker weesel99 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Please feel free to remove my name from the list. When you play 20 chain fighters you obviously don't give a crap about winning.
I've got a new respect for Sacred Band and Parmenio now though.
Old August 4th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Smile Re: Who is the best Gencon Main Event Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesel99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I've got a new respect for Sacred Band and Parmenio now though.
Parmenio is the new metagame. I've just been biding my time before I let the public know that.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 4th, 2015, 03:15 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

How relevant are these rankings considering the fact that making Day 2 now really doesn't mean much for most. (Oh look, you brought Cheese.) Making Semis for Main Event is probably the line in the sand these days? @dok

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old August 4th, 2015, 03:19 PM

It means as much as it means. Before 2011, you could play the same cheese the whole way through. I don't feel the need to bring the format debate into this thread. I'm just extending the scoring system lonewolf first did in 2009 out through the current year.
Old August 4th, 2015, 03:29 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Ah yeah that is true, *Shrug*.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con