Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I should also mention that three of four players from the first game (including me) didn't want to play a second game of Settlers, but the rather whiny fourth player insisted. Since I was a guest, I wasn't going to be too forceful or anything.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 11:47 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I have a brother who I see only occasionally, and he loves Settlers. If I bring it to family gatherings, it's going to get played. So I leave it home, and deal with his disappointment.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 3rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I've been playing 7 Wonders a lot lately. It's a great game with four or five expansions. I don't have the expanoon but I'm sure I'll get them eventually.

I also played Thunderstone: Advance which is a deck building game that grows on you. You can play it solo. It's my favorite deck builder out of the four or five that I've tried.

Also I got the latest expansion for Prophecy. I have yet to open it to look at all the Prophecy goodness but it promises to add some fun things to the base game.

Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:25 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

I am looking for a couple of games to get OrcElfArmyOne for Xmas. Looking for 2 player strategy games that take between 30 min. to an hour to play, with not too much set up time. We really like summoner wars and heroscape. One game that looks promising is Battle Cry. If anyone here has played that, I would be interested in your comments. Any other suggestions?
Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
I've been playing 7 Wonders a lot lately. It's a great game with four or five expansions. I don't have the expanoon but I'm sure I'll get them eventually.
Two expansions readily available (Leaders & Cities) and one that just debuted at Essen (Babel). There are a few promo cards as well. I have them all except Babel, and I love the game!

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:40 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
I am looking for a couple of games to get OrcElfArmyOne for Xmas. Looking for 2 player strategy games that take between 30 min. to an hour to play, with not too much set up time. We really like summoner wars and heroscape. One game that looks promising is Battle Cry. If anyone here has played that, I would be interested in your comments. Any other suggestions?
That's our wheelhouse, right there.

Two player dueling games we like:

Ascension (deckbuilding)
BattleCON Devastation of Indines (hand to hand combat theme)
Yomi (hand to hand combat card game)
Hull Breach! (space combat direct conflict card game)
Star Realms (space combat deckbuilding/direct conflict)

I recommend all five of those to people who like SW & 'Scape. They all fit in your time frame and work best (or only) with two. I could keep going, and maybe I will, but that's a start.

= =
Old November 3rd, 2014, 02:55 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Great Dad Scaper,
Many thanks. Will check those out.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Sure thing. Speak up if you want more ideas. Ask for details about those (or others) if you're interested. I also *really* like Race for the Galaxy, maybe more than any of the above. There's an excellent 3 part YT series on how to play it. Look it up; it may be just the thing. Some people (like KidScaper) don't like it, though, so check out the videos first.

The videos show a 3 player game, but I think it works great at 2.

= =
Old November 3rd, 2014, 03:50 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Dragon Ruler,

Battlecry 150th Anniversary Edition is great, and an improvement on the original. Plus, the fan site now doubles the already large amount of scenarios in the game.

If you go to the B150 boardgamegeeksite, you can see my Guide To The C&C Games of Richard Borg.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I also *really* like Race for the Galaxy, maybe more than any of the above.
Is DragonRuler the only person who doesn't know this?

I second BattleCON and Star Realms. Ascension is really good also, but DC Comic Card game replaced it in our rotation. It all depends on what theme you are looking for.
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

@Matthias Maccabeus would say Dragon Dice. @stubobj would say Marvel Dice Masters. They are both worth mentioning.

Also the D&D Attack Wing and Star Wars Attack Wing (or whatever it's called) miniatures games are similar & both worth mentioning for 2 players in this time frame, IMHO. Though I'm not that familiar with any of the games in this post.

= =
Old November 3rd, 2014, 04:20 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
That's our wheelhouse, right there.

Two player dueling games we like:

Ascension (deckbuilding)
BattleCON Devastation of Indines (hand to hand combat theme)
Yomi (hand to hand combat card game)
Hull Breach! (space combat direct conflict card game)
Star Realms (space combat deckbuilding/direct conflict)

I recommend all five of those to people who like SW & 'Scape. They all fit in your time frame and work best (or only) with two. I could keep going, and maybe I will, but that's a start.
X-Wing
Also any of the LCG by FFG: A game of Thrones, Star Wars, Warhammer Invasion.
Battleball?
Omen:Reign of War
Battle Cry, Battle Lore, and Memoir 44 are all good.
Dragon Dice
Mage Wars (though that's a 2 hourish range)
Battle for Hill 218
Drako
A Few Acres of Snow (though that's prob 2 hoursish as well)
Pocket Battles
Marvel Dice Masters

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; November 3rd, 2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Ninja'd by all you North Easterners...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games