Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 4th, 2012, 05:50 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. - August is going to be SUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Looking forward to the Watchmen, I haven't seen the movie, but I have read some of the comics.

How is the movie, by the way? I have been meaning to see it, but I am not a fan of raunchy movies. For a R movie, is it that bad?
The movie is freaking awesome. It's almost word for word the comic (Aside from a few things, but very faithful). One of my favorites of all time.

But it is pretty darned R rated. I don't think there's language, but tons of violence. Manhatten literally blows people up, The other vigilantes aren't too shy about knives or broken bones. Especially Rorschach. It is Zach Snyder, though, so the blood in it is fairly ridiculous, like in 300, but I still avert my eyes during those scenes.

And one sex scene, which is more funny than anything. Lots of blue glowing nudity, but other than that just that sex scene plus some small amounts elsewhere. Not too bad if that doesn't bother you.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:06 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I saw Watchmen just recently actually. I really liked it, but it takes you a while to figure out what's going on. Once you do though, it's pretty dang cool. having not known a single thing about the Watchmen beforehand, I learned a lot!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I saw Watchmen just recently actually. I really liked it, but it takes you a while to figure out what's going on. Once you do though, it's pretty dang cool. having not known a single thing about the Watchmen beforehand, I learned a lot!
Definitely a dense read/watch. I find more stuff every time. Ignoring the superhero stuff and just focusing on the politics still makes it a great movie.
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:21 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Watchmen is a great graphic novel and a decent movie. I thought that the movie was a bit too campy, like it was lifted straight from the book, which isn't necessarily what needed to happen. Some parts were unintentionally funny, where they shouldn't have been. (That part...in the ship...you know what I mean.)

Still, I dig how they changed up the ending a bit, and the movie could have been much, much worse.

Zach Snyder is a hack, and I hope he doesn't mess up Man of Steel next summer...
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Zach Snyder is a hack, and I hope he doesn't mess up Man of Steel next summer...
Christopher Nolan is producing. I have faith.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

If the Man of Steel is good, Christopher Nolan will be given all the credit. If it's bad, Zach Snyder will get all of the blame.

I'm looking forward to it, though... Superman remains the best. Speaking of which...
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:31 PM
...has moist legs

Heh, as much as I like Watchmen, I have much more faith in Nolan than Snyder.
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I need to watch Watchmen. Snyder did a great job with 300, imo. Superman should be awesome as well. David Goyer wrote the script!
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I thought the action scenes in Watchmen were great and really well done. I thought that it was a great movie visually. If we get that level of superhero action or more in Man of Steel, it's going to knock the socks off of something like Superman Returns.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Man, all of this Superman talk made me break out "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" for another read. Probably my favorite comic purchase of all time - the deluxe edition with two extra Alan Moore Superman stories.

I think it's really the perfect ending to the classic Superman. Every hero and ever villain has an appearance, stunning Curt Swan art, heartbreaking, chilling, a celebration of the character and his history without fawning. The introduction is stunning.

Quote:
This is an imaginary story (which may never happen, but then again may) about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good. It tells of his twilight, when the great battles were over and the great miracles long since performed; of how his enemies conspired against him and of that final war in the snowblind wastes beneath the Northern Lights; of the two women he loved and of the choice he made between them; and how finally all the things he had were taken from him save one. It ends with a wink. It begins in a quiet midwestern town, one summer afternoon in the quiet midwestern future. Away in the big city, people still sometimes glance up hopefully from the sidewalks, glimpsing a distant speck in the sky... but no: it's only a bird, only a plane. Superman died ten years ago. This is an imaginary story...

Aren't they all?
Gaiman's "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" is pretty great, too, but man, I really think this is one of those comics that can't be beat.
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Interesting that you brought that one up, johnny. I just read it for the first time just recently, it really is a great ending for Superman. I found it in DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore which included For the Man Who Has Everything, as well as The Killing Joke and some other classic Moore stories. I also think All-Star Superman is a great send-off, and one of my personal favorites.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old August 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM

I'm sold. I'll have to add that one to my list. To date my favorite Superman story I've read is Superman: Red Son, and that one's highly Elseworlds.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy