Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 7th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Nextwave is something that's been brewing in the back of my head for a while. The question is whether you'd want to do a Nextwave-specific version of the character or one that tries to capture them in one take. (I think it would depend on what character you're talking about, I guess.)
Elsa would just get one card, I think. Monica would definitely want more than one version - I'd shoot for a classic Captain Marvel version and a modern no secret idenity version, with the latter encompassing Nextwave. Machine Man and Boom Boom could go either way - one version with alt cards, or two separate designs for each.

That's a conversation for another thread, though!
Moving this over here because it's something I'm interested in brainstorming.

I have slightly different thoughts than you on this;
Monica Rambeau- I could actually see "leads the Avengers" Monica and "leads Nextwave" Monica being 1 card. I don't really think there's a huge difference between the two, other than the Nextwave version having a comical personality. Maybe have the regular one that uses Avengers Markers, and then an alt-card with the exact same powers except she uses Nextwave Markers instead?
Boom-Boom- From what I understand, the two versions are fairly different, but I think it's an obscure enough character that maybe it should all be fit on one card.
Machine Man- I think there should be a Nextwave specific version, if only because I think a Useful Devices power/SA needs to happen.
Elsa Bloodstone- Definitely a character I think can be encompassed in one card.
The Captain- Not really much of a debate on this one.
Old December 7th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Not really sure on Boom Boom. Haven't read anything non-Nextwave with her in it.

"Nextwave Markers" sounds like a reach to me - this is the opposite of a super broad team that you need to be able to throw anyone into. The last time we talked Nextwave was quite a while ago, with LM pushing for them - his idea for pulling them together involved using Raider as a class for synergy tags. My suggestion was keying in on a Defiant personality.

The split between the two Monicas, to me, isn't Avengers/Nextwave, it's classic/modern. Like, one old-school Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) that keys into Avenger Markers, and then one new-school Monica Rambeau that you could use for Ultimates or Nextwave or whatever.
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Not really sure on Boom Boom. Haven't read anything non-Nextwave with her in it.

"Nextwave Markers" sounds like a reach to me - this is the opposite of a super broad team that you need to be able to throw anyone into. The last time we talked Nextwave was quite a while ago, with LM pushing for them - his idea for pulling them together involved using Raider as a class for synergy tags. My suggestion was keying in on a Defiant personality.

The split between the two Monicas, to me, isn't Avengers/Nextwave, it's classic/modern. Like, one old-school Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau) that keys into Avenger Markers, and then one new-school Monica Rambeau that you could use for Ultimates or Nextwave or whatever.
From what I understand (someone who's actually read mainline Boom-Boom please correct me) regula Tabby makes stuff explode and Nextwave Tabby makes stuff explode and is also a weird kleptomaniac.

Fair points on Monica. She's a character who's worn a lot of different hats over the years.

On Nextwave synergy, I think it would be cool to capture their blow **** up wild rampage style of combat in the gameplay. The most obvious way to do that would be something like the Wrecking Crew, but I think the Wrecking Crew mechanic should just be for the Wrecking Crew. However it works, I think it should feel bombastic and over-the-top.
Old December 8th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = IMMORTAL HULK
SECRET IDENTITY = BRUCE BANNER

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

THE HULK'S TIME

You may not draft Immortal Hulk if your army does not contain a Bruce Banner figure with the class of Scientist. Immortal Hulk may not start on the battlefield. You may only place Immortal Hulk on the battlefield when a Bruce Banner figure on the battlefield is destroyed.

VENGEFUL BEAST

Add 1 to Immortal Hulk's attack for each figure in your army that has been destroyed, up to a maximum of 7.

GAMMA IMMORTALITY

At the end of reach round, roll the 20-sided die, even if this figure is destroyed. On an 18 or more, remove all wound markers from this card, remove this figure from the battlefield, and place a previously destroyed Scientist Bruce Banner figure you control on the battlefield.

SUPER LEAP

Instead of his normal move, Immortal Hulk may Super Leap. Super Leap has a move of 10. When counting spaces for Hulk's Super Leap movement, ignore elevations. Hulk may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Hulk may not leap more than 50 levels up or down in a single leap. When moving with Super Leap, Hulk will take any leaving engagement attacks. Hulk rolls 3 fewer attack dice on any turn that he chooses to Super Leap.

SUPER STRENGTH

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76

Last edited by ALEXAN2507; December 8th, 2018 at 06:49 AM.
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think you want Vengful Beast to trigger only on the deaths of Unique Heroes.
Old December 8th, 2018, 02:22 PM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Actually I was kinda aiming for cannon fodder tactics to be viable not even gonna lie

(Maybe too OP, though)

Old December 8th, 2018, 02:53 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You could have Bailey take out a squad of civvies pretty easily for just a 95 point investment.
Old December 8th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

We're still pretty early in the Immortal Hulk run but most of his avenging has been of civilians. There's probably a way to balance it.
Old December 8th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Just A Head

Maybe something like Ghost Rider, where he only gets the bonus against the guy who destroyed your figure?
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:20 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Of course you could cap it lower and/or decrease his base attack to reel it in, but you could also structure it around him gaining markers when a friendly is destroyed, and needing to spend those markers to get a bonus on an attack.
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is pretty cool and would work great with Civilians. Add a clause that does not give a marker if you destroy friendlies.
Old December 8th, 2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualizium View Post
Of course you could cap it lower and/or decrease his base attack to reel it in, but you could also structure it around him gaining markers when a friendly is destroyed, and needing to spend those markers to get a bonus on an attack.

I don't want to cap it lower or decrease attack since I believe the Immortal Hulk form is meant to be more powerful than regular Hulk, but I wouldn't be adverse to perhaps a marker structure

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy