Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 14th, 2012, 06:23 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Morgoloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
How are people getting 25 dice per attack? I'm getting 15 for pounce for wolves and 8 for Morgoloth. Are you guys assuming permanent height for Morgoloth, maybe?
Glyphs.
Old November 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by faure View Post
Quote:
He bonds with the Wolves, so it should be a lot easier to get him in the right place for them.
I would have thought so too, but didn't find it worked out that way. Perhaps I just needed more Wolves though.
Wolves can pounce without risk of LEA I believe. Right over screens.
You can use Swarming Vermin to disengage before using Pounce, but the wolf cannot be engaged when it Pounces (since you must attack figures you're engaged with and you cannot Pounce adjacent figures). I think that makes Swarming Vermin a little trickier to use, though it certainly makes the wolf's opponent work harder on placement.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
You can use Swarming Vermin to disengage before using Pounce, but the wolf cannot be engaged when it Pounces (since you must attack figures you're engaged with and you cannot Pounce adjacent figures). I think that makes Swarming Vermin a little trickier to use, though it certainly makes the wolf's opponent work harder on placement.
Well met!

Looks awful easy to me!
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:53 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just ran a test of some of the new figures against myself:

Mok 220
4x Axegrinders 500

vs.

Quahon 190
Morgoloth 230
2x Wolves of Badru

I was expecting Quahon and Mok to be the stars of the battle, but do you know who ended up being the MVP?

The Wolves of Badru. They pounced the crap out of the Axegrinders, slinking past Mok while Morgoloth finished off the mounted behemoth. Having a really solid hero to bond with along with the tactical advantage of disengage really puts them over the top.

They're a B- instead of a C+! They've broken free of the unusable tier! Yay! I'm going to be packing these guys a lot more.

Props to the C3V team for bringing this janky squad back into the drafting pool. Is there no unit you guys cannot fix?!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:11 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Glad to hear Sir Denrick.

We do not go out of our way to fix units, but if it is a by-product...that is a bonus.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:50 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

I think there was a mistake in the OP. It says that Swarming vermin benefits the Death Reavers, however the Death Reavers already have disengage, so unless I've missed something the Death Reavers do not benefit at all from Morgoloth. I may be wrong, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up.
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
I think there was a mistake in the OP. It says that Swarming vermin benefits the Death Reavers, however the Death Reavers already have disengage, so unless I've missed something the Death Reavers do not benefit at all from Morgoloth. I may be wrong, but I just thought I'd give you a heads up.
Technically the OP is correct, but most of the time it is a mute point.

But if by chance there is a special power or glyph that can negate the Deathreavers Disengage; Morgoloth would be able to re-give them that ability with his Swarming Vermin ability.

C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Technically the OP is correct, but most of the time it is a mute point.

But if by chance there is a special power or glyph that can negate the Deathreavers Disengage; Morgoloth would be able to re-give them that ability with his Swarming Vermin ability.
Okay, that makes sense.
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:09 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Glad to hear Sir Denrick.

We do not go out of our way to fix units, but if it is a by-product...that is a bonus.
It's just really awesome thinking that I paid X amount of money for Morgoloth, but for that amount of money I'm dusting off my otherwise useless 4 squads of Wolves of Badru. So in a way I'm really making money by buying C3V stuff.

Yeah- that's what I'll tell my fiance. Good thinking.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello,

Does a bio will be made for Morgoloth or there's nothing in preparation?
I'd like to know because I'm the Guardian of the French's Book of (so, making the updates) and it could be nice to know if I've to keep an eye on this book or not.
Old November 26th, 2012, 04:11 PM

Bios are working their way through the process...stay tuned.

Old November 26th, 2012, 04:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Wow. Can we call our Book-thread-starters "Guardians of the Books"?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs