Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old February 17th, 2023, 10:39 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Kalagrith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Can a figure with the flying ability choose to divide up their move between walking and flying i.e. could Kalagrith walk through her screening GSWs and then take flight to torch some enemies? Otherwise, she would often have to risk frying her friendly GSWs if they are being used as a screen for her, right?
You can't divide, no. so you are correct, she can risk torching her own screen.
Interesting. Tiamat and I thought that was the case, but does it state in the rules anywhere about this question? We could not think of any other characters where this is considered? If it is not in the rules, how is it decided?
From the official FAQ:
Quote:
When a flying figure steps off of the glyph of Rannveig, they cannot fly and must walk, but after they take that first step, can they then start to fly since there is no figure on the glyph? Yes. Flying figures may choose to walk, or fly, but they can also switch how they move mid-turn.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 17th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Figures with Flying can spend any amount of movements walking, then take off and Fly. I don't think they can walk after landing, though... I would have to debate with dok and quozl.
Old February 17th, 2023, 11:27 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: What order do figures affected by Scorched Earth Special Attack roll defense dice?
A: Affected figures should roll defense dice in the order Kalagrith passed over them. If any figures were passed over multiple times, only consider the first time the figure was passed over.
Old February 17th, 2023, 11:40 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Figures with Flying can spend any amount of movements walking, then take off and Fly. I don't think they can walk after landing, though... I would have to debate with dok and quozl.
The FAQ says that they may choose to walk or fly, and that they may switch how they move mid turn. It seems pretty clear that they could choose to walk, and then fly after walking a couple spaces, or that they could choose to fly, and then land and walk a couple spaces. The only question (IMO) is whether they can switch how they move multiple times in a turn, as that is not specifically addressed in the FAQ. E.g walk through your Greenscale screen, start to fly, land and walk back through the screen.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old February 17th, 2023, 01:49 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah my interpretation is that you can switch walking/flying on a space by space basis.

Keep in mind of course that you can't walk through an engaged figure, so that limits how well she can avoid Greenies.
Old February 17th, 2023, 04:28 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Wow! this is why I love this game...after all these years and I'm just learning (or relearning) that you can switch movement types throughout movement. My guess is it probably never came up because it was never relevant...but with Kalagrith, this becomes a much more relevant question. Very cool. @Muskie as per the above discussion, I stand corrected.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 5th, 2023, 10:41 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Is she supposed to go on a double-spaced base?

If so, why? — for gameplay purposes? She sure doesn't need it for physical balance: the fig itself easily fits on a large single base....
Old March 5th, 2023, 11:49 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Double, yes

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 6th, 2023, 02:05 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post

If so, why? — for gameplay purposes? She sure doesn't need it for physical balance: the fig itself easily fits on a large single base....
I agree that it would have been cool on a single base, but it would also have made her more powerful. She would be really easy to manipulate on a single base. I think a double was decided (my opinion) to make her a bit more balanced.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old March 6th, 2023, 10:28 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

@Sir Heroscape , @Muskie , thanks.
Old March 6th, 2023, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post

I agree that it would have been cool on a single base, but it would also have made her more powerful. She would be really easy to manipulate on a single base. I think a double was decided (my opinion) to make her a bit more balanced.
yes, that's precisely the reason.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old December 3rd, 2023, 03:08 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Have most people used the skinnier/smaller double base (Swog Riders) or the larger double base (other dragons)?

Guessing the dragon base, but just checking.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs