Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old November 5th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
~Dysole, who went as the 13th Doctor (the new one who's a girl for all the non Whovians) for Halloween
Have you been watching the new season? If so, what are your thoughts?

Spoilers, I guess, but I’m not really talking about plot details
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; November 5th, 2018 at 02:23 AM.
Old November 5th, 2018, 02:55 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thoughts

I like Jodie and both myself and the girl I'm seeing think she's still figuring out how she wants to do the character. I have found the writing to be fine, nothing spectacular, but nothing I've hated. We also both think Graham is best companion and the new TARDIS is best when it has more light and the Sonic has grown on us. I look forward to seeing more although preferably no more giant spiders even if I did feel bad for the mother spider at the end there. (Neither of us is that scared of spiders, but we were both like "That's too big, that's too big" several times during that episode)

~Dysole, withholding judgment until the end since she thinks they're building to something very subtly
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:50 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post

~Lazy Orang, having a really, really crappy day.

Sorry to hear that. Hope things get better. If it's a 'significant other' in your life that is the root cause of that really, really crappy day then my only advise is to cut them out of your life and look for someone new that will make life easier for you rather then harder. If it's a work issue, then yeah work can suck some times. Consider updating your resume and sending out to some new places. If it's just school that is kicking your butt, then study hard and grind through it. Ask for help from those who can provide it. It'll all be worth it one day. Family issues I can't say much about. Blood is thicker than water, and I've generally enjoyed only positive relations with my family, but I know not everyone is that fortunate. Tomorrow is a new day, work today to make tomorrow a bright one.
Would you mind clarifying the use of inverted commas for me?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Thoughts

Quote:
I like Jodie and both myself and the girl I'm seeing think she's still figuring out how she wants to do the character. I have found the writing to be fine, nothing spectacular, but nothing I've hated. We also both think Graham is best companion and the new TARDIS is best when it has more light and the Sonic has grown on us. I look forward to seeing more although preferably no more giant spiders even if I did feel bad for the mother spider at the end there. (Neither of us is that scared of spiders, but we were both like "That's too big, that's too big" several times during that episode)

~Dysole, withholding judgment until the end since she thinks they're building to something very subtly
I also really hope they’re building up to something subtly, especially with the character development. They’ve also said no Daleks this season, but I give it maybe a 25% chance they appear in the finale.

LO, whether you have something else going on in your life or not, I’m sure HSers didn’t help yesterday. I’m sorry, I know how much it can suck when something that is supposed to be your fun hobby turns into a source of negative emotion.
Old November 5th, 2018, 07:43 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure what you are asking me Lazy, I know you are big into the written word as a profession and if you want a technical definition I'm not the one to explain what the use of single quotes instead of double quotes is. Proper English Literature was my weakest subject way back in the day when I went to grade school and I haven't invested much thought into it since. For all I know it isn't even really a technically correct usage but rather some kind of bad habit I've picked up somehow. I know I throw words into the single quotes quite a bit for a wide variety of reasons, so chances are I've used them incorrectly more than once. Similar to how I feel I overuse or misuse commas sometimes, but I just can't stop tossing them in here and there as it looks weird to me when they aren't there.

If you are just asking what the intent was behind my use of 'significant other' in the above statement, then using the term 'significant other' is how one goes about not offending someone when they don't know what another persons relationship status is. It's a catchall phrase that encompasses all potential situations. The person (whoever that may be) that you feel has become significant to you and your life (in what ever capacity that entails).
Old November 5th, 2018, 08:06 AM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

I'm no grammar scholar myself, and I can't speak on LO's behalf, but I don't think you would normally use any form of quotation marks in that situation.

Beyond just the grammar, it risks reading like scare quotes.
Old November 5th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in concurrence- inverted commas were weird to use for that

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 5th, 2018, 10:47 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Grammar Nazis

I interpreted it the way YK intended, but I know I would've typed it without any punctuation, but then again I use grammar and words all wrong so intentionally I've forgotten sometimes what the best grammar is. (The previous sentence should be a great example)

Lazy, as an aside I am always an ear for whatever is going on (and that goes for anyone).

As for Daleks in the finale, I'm anticipating the aliens from the first episode given that they made an appearance via mention in the second episode. I think they'll bring back classic Doctor who monsters the following season.

~Dysole, striding lots of ground
Old November 5th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Just A Head

Re: Grammar Nazis

Quote:
I interpreted it the way YK intended, but I know I would've typed it without any punctuation, but then again I use grammar and words all wrong so intentionally I've forgotten sometimes what the best grammar is. (The previous sentence should be a great example)
Yeah, I've noticed when I "write", I put a lot of things in "quotes" when they don't really need to be. (Fun game, try doing that in face-to-face conversation, doing "air quotes" on random words. It makes people really nervous.) So I get where YK is coming from, but I can also see how it could be read the wrong way. I've always found it fascinating how just a few little dashes can change the way our brain perceives text. There's always this classic example;
Quote:
Let's eat, children!
Let's eat children!
Quote:
As for Daleks in the finale, I'm anticipating the aliens from the first episode given that they made an appearance via mention in the second episode. I think they'll bring back classic Doctor who monsters the following season.
Yeah, I think the Stenza are very much the most likely finale villains. Tim Shaw is probably still alive with a huge grudge.
There's a fairly common conspiracy theory that they have to have the Daleks appear in every season of the show, as part of a contractual deal with the people who own the rights to the Daleks. (Not the BBC) If they don't appear, this will be the first season of New Who without at least some sort of cameo appearance.
Old November 5th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The whole season is actually a dream a Dalek is having.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:44 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone have any suggestions for good podcasts that discuss Marvel/DC history. Keep in mind I have already listened to Geek History and Jay and Miles X-plain the X-Men.
Old November 5th, 2018, 04:46 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Anyone have any suggestions for good podcasts that discuss Marvel/DC history. Keep in mind I have already listened to Geek History and Jay and Miles X-plain the X-Men.
My son and I enjoy the youtube series by Variant Comics. Haven't checked out any comic related podcasts though. Other than the episode Arkham did.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape