Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 27th, 2010, 11:01 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Customizing Compendium

If this thread isn't deserving of an automatic sticky, I dunno what is. An amazing achievement, GreyOwl.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
File doesn't work. I tried it twice, both times instead of the wonderful text I was expecting I got thick black bars... Fix suggestions?

Do you mean the download isn't working, or that you can't open it after downloading? Both are working fine for me...
It downloads and opens fine. The font doesn't work though. What font did you use? Maybe I don't have it on my Mac.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

The font is Helvetica Neue Pro, and it doesn't come default on the Mac or Windows. But the PDF file should have it embedded. Did you let it load the whole file after opening it? Sometimes the fonts look messed up for a few seconds until it finishes loading everything.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The font is Helvetica Neue Pro, and it doesn't come default on the Mac or Windows. But the PDF file should have it embedded. Did you let it load the whole file after opening it? Sometimes the fonts look messed up for a few seconds until it finishes loading everything.
Ok. I did let it load. I scrolled through the entire thing and read all the example cards since thats all I could read. But all the text looks like this:

(Screenshot from my Mac)
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:47 PM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

That's very strange. I don't have a Mac, so I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot that. Is anyone else having a similar problem?
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Worked great for me. Congrats btw. I know how hard and long you have been working on this. I am glad to see that everyone can enjoy this. I am gonna suggest this for some front page action.
Old May 27th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Let me know where/who you suggest this to for front page action and I'll readily second it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 28th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I've only had a chance to skim through about half of it, and I am very impressed. Nice, nice work. There is a lot of goodness in there. One +rep isn't enough.

I did have a couple comments on my first impression of the part about special attacks. Especially as it relates to deciding when to make it a special attack. I think that special mention should be made of counterstrike type abilities and others that are bypassed by special attacks like tough. It may have been addressed and I didn't skim that far, but I think that is sometimes a consideration with deciding to make an attack a special or not. Also there the part about Double Attack, I think that the only case of Double Attack + a special attack is when the special attack allows additional attacks. Maybe indicate that a general guideline would be either Double Attack OR a special attack with additional attack(s). Then include the part about indicating clarifying language in cases where there might be Double Attack and a special.

Again, at first glance this is uberawesome.
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I did have a couple comments on my first impression of the part about special attacks. Especially as it relates to deciding when to make it a special attack. I think that special mention should be made of counterstrike type abilities and others that are bypassed by special attacks like tough. It may have been addressed and I didn't skim that far, but I think that is sometimes a consideration with deciding to make an attack a special or not. Also there the part about Double Attack, I think that the only case of Double Attack + a special attack is when the special attack allows additional attacks. Maybe indicate that a general guideline would be either Double Attack OR a special attack with additional attack(s). Then include the part about indicating clarifying language in cases where there might be Double Attack and a special.
I believe all of that is covered in there, but if after reading it you can't find it, please let me know.
Old May 28th, 2010, 08:49 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
This is an incredible piece of work with an impressive scope and it deserves to be an announcement all its own, in my opinion! I hope, at the very least, this gets some Week @ Scapers love!
I agree with Bats Grey Owl!! This is an awesom, Creative, Amazing resource!!

+rep

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old May 28th, 2010, 09:03 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
That's very strange. I don't have a Mac, so I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot that. Is anyone else having a similar problem?
When viewing with the Mac OS viewer Preview, it looks like what tcglkn shows above on my Mac. When viewed with Adobe Reader it looks fine.

This is a very nice piece of work GreyOwl! Kudos!
Old May 28th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Quote:
When viewing with the Mac OS viewer Preview, it looks like what tcglkn shows above on my Mac. When viewed with Adobe Reader it looks fine.

This is a very nice piece of work GreyOwl! Kudos!
Can I download Adobe Reader for free?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards