Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 15th, 2020, 03:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
The camels are one of the things that caught my eye as well.
I found a few figures from reaper. Avatars of a couple of the egyptian gods that are really cool looking. I guess I was just wanting more of that. Not really getting that vibe off these ankh pieces. The starting figures remind me more of chess pieces than cool action minis. I dont want to paint 30 camels either. Id rather have 30 undead warrior mummies or something.

Yeah, I was just thinking about those Reaper mini's. I didn't pick them up during that kick starter campaign because they came in a separate $50 add on set, but I always wanted them. I was thinking I'd just track them down and buy those now as well. Really disappointed in the direction they went for their god pieces. Too busy and not attractive looking. Then I was expecting I'd be able to get some basic Egyptian troops, but the rank and file don't look anything like what you would have found in Egypt. They did such a good job giving me cool Vikings & Samurai in the other two sets, what went wrong here? I justify $100 on a board game because the minis are something I want, if I don't want the mini's then I can just play with cardboard pieces for half the price.
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
The camels are one of the things that caught my eye as well.
I found a few figures from reaper. Avatars of a couple of the egyptian gods that are really cool looking. I guess I was just wanting more of that. Not really getting that vibe off these ankh pieces. The starting figures remind me more of chess pieces than cool action minis. I dont want to paint 30 camels either. Id rather have 30 undead warrior mummies or something.

Yeah, I was just thinking about those Reaper mini's. I didn't pick them up during that kick starter campaign because they came in a separate $50 add on set, but I always wanted them. I was thinking I'd just track them down and buy those now as well. Really disappointed in the direction they went for their god pieces. Too busy and not attractive looking. Then I was expecting I'd be able to get some basic Egyptian troops, but the rank and file don't look anything like what you would have found in Egypt. They did such a good job giving me cool Vikings & Samurai in the other two sets, what went wrong here? I justify $100 on a board game because the minis are something I want, if I don't want the mini's then I can just play with cardboard pieces for half the price.
Yeah. A big price point for me with most cmon games is that I get a ton of great miniatures that I can cross use for other games. I have the base box of blood rage and the entire rising sun ks and their models are quite beautiful. Massive darkness, rum and bones 1 and 2, and all the zombicide titles deliver on great mult use minis as well.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 15th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I backed the 2 new factions for cloudspire.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 21st, 2020, 09:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

After a great expansion was added to the Ankh: Gods of Egypt KS, I've decided to back it, despite the finance controversy I mentioned upthread. Eric M. Lang has disclosed how the game works in several prepublication videos for the first time in his myth trilogy, of which this is the third design. More importantly, the draft rules book is on the KS page for anyone to check out as well!
Old April 21st, 2020, 10:53 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
After a great expansion was added to the Ankh: Gods of Egypt KS, I've decided to back it, despite the finance controversy I mentioned upthread. Eric M. Lang has disclosed how the game works in several prepublication videos for the first time in his myth trilogy, of which this is the third design. More importantly, the draft rules book is on the KS page for anyone to check out as well!
Backed as well (I’m all in, except for the art book). The nice thing about this is it should hold its value like the previous two have, so if for some reason I don’t like it, it shouldn’t be too hard to get rid of it.
Old April 21st, 2020, 02:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Might pick up that expansion once it hits store shelves. Those figures have a much better look. Really like Set, Horus, & Baset.
Old April 21st, 2020, 06:10 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Exclamation Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Quote:
Might pick up that expansion once it hits store shelves. Those figures have a much better look. Really like Set, Horus, & Baset.
I agree that the add on box has a better look to it. Overall Im still on the fence because I have yet to play either blood rage or rising sun. Cant get anyone to play them. I know rising sun needs at least 3 players. I still havent laminated the cards or painted any of ityet because Im not sure Ill keep it yet.

Old April 21st, 2020, 08:11 PM
C3G Landlord

I've played Blood Rage maybe 7-8 times and Rising Sun 3-4. I wish I could play them more, but it's been a bit of a struggle to put together a gaming group of late. One guy moved, a couple others have kids, etc. Also have too many games to choose from, so not every game gets as many plays as I'd like before we are trying something new out.
Old April 21st, 2020, 11:47 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
I've played Blood Rage maybe 7-8 times and Rising Sun 3-4. I wish I could play them more, but it's been a bit of a struggle to put together a gaming group of late. One guy moved, a couple others have kids, etc. Also have too many games to choose from, so not every game gets as many plays as I'd like before we are trying something new out.
Same. I have a ton of great games. The ones getting the love lately are star wars legion and the walking dead call to arms/all out war. It does help that we are all star wars fans and I have close to 500 models of star wars legion with almost all of them painted along with multiple great table setups and tons of terrain. They dont want to learn any new games yet because they are still enjoying those. Im trying to knockout a ton of miniature backlog painting while not at work. Its probably wise for me to refuse this latest kickstarter.

Old April 22nd, 2020, 12:21 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Backed Ankh before reading this news. Kinda glad I did. I've played Blood Rage dozens of times with many different players. Rising Sun I've played at least a dozen times. Really different gameplay, despite the similiar looking game pieces. I've been waiting for this game and I wouldn't want anything to spoil that.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old May 3rd, 2020, 06:48 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The KS for Ankh: Gods of Egypt finishs up tomorrow, with lots of Kickstarter Exclusives you'll not see again for the price. The new Game Play All In pledge level is $220 for everything except the art book and play mat, and that's my sweet spot! Its expanded in proportion to the expansion from Blood Rage to Rising Sun. All Hail The Trilogy!
Old May 3rd, 2020, 03:00 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

There’s a new version of Nemesis hitting KS soon that I’m thinking about, now that o see the first version Hs good reviews.

Also a game called Sheol which seems like it could be cool, but not enough info yet. So once I see a rule book I’ll decide. I just like the look of it so far.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games