Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 20th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Spider-Man (House of M)

The Book of Spider-Man (House of M)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 35
MUTANT MULTIVERSE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set.
Its model number and name are #093 / Spider-Man.

Character Bio - In the warped reality of the House of M, Peter Parker's Uncle Ben was never killed and Spider-Man became a wrestling sensation. When the mutant revolution came, Spider-Man was widely believed to be a mutant, and served as an inspiration to young mutants everywhere. As the new world order arose, Peter became the world's biggest celebrity and movie star. Of course, Peter wasn't a mutant, and he was ruled by his guilt over the lie. He eventually sabotaged his own success by leaking his secret to the press through his resentful publicist, J. Jonah Jameson.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Crossover Symbol: The Crossover Symbol next to Spider-Man's secret identity indicates that he is draftable into the same army with other Peter Parker cards. See C3G's Secret Identity Rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • Spider-Man cannot move an enemy tiny, large, or huge figure with his Precognitive Grappler special power.
  • As a figure with a secret identity, Spider-Man may interact differently with these special powers.
  • As a potential Mutant, Spider-Man may may interact differently with these special powers.
  • As a potential Mutate, Spider-Man may interact differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Spider-Man may interact differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure that gains the Flying special power under certain conditions, Spider-Man may interact differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: tcglkn
  • Third playtest: IAmBatman
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Soundwarp
  • Spider-Man created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko
  • House of M Spider-Man introduced by Brian Michael Bendis, Olivier Coipel, Luca Hakkarainen

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:45 PM. Reason: png
Old December 20th, 2020, 10:48 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Spider-Man (House of M) (Design)

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER (CO)

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CELEBRITY
PERSONALITY = TORMENTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

PASSING FOR MUTANT
Spider-Man is considered to have the species of Mutant instead of what is listed on this card. After taking a turn with Spider-Man, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1 or lower, or if this special power is ever negated, this special power is negated for the rest of the game.

PRECOGNITIVE GRAPPLER 14
If Spider-Man is attacked and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Spider-Man takes no damage and may immediately either use his Swing Line special power or, if the attacking figure is an adjacent small or medium figure, switch Spider-Man and the attacking figure. Switched figures will not take leaving engagement attacks.

SWING LINE 3
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 3 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Ronin; June 29th, 2021 at 12:34 PM.
Old December 20th, 2020, 10:48 AM
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
cityscape
Old December 20th, 2020, 10:59 AM
Symbiotic

I feel pretty comfortable that we're in the right ballpark on cost, based on a quick comparison to Hasbro Spidey: this guy is missing the SA, has 1 less move on his Swing Line, and has an evasion target of 14 vs 11, but gains the Mutant synergies and the possible switch trick on evasion. So a slight downgrade overall.

I'm open to alternate suggestions on the personality, but I'd want to try to hit a similar theme note. I thought Tormented for a sec, but I dunno if he feels like he's of a set with the other Tormented guys - they're largely tormented by inhabiting spirits or whatever.

Last edited by Ronin; December 20th, 2020 at 12:28 PM.
Old December 20th, 2020, 01:09 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Would Conflicted fit?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 20th, 2020, 01:20 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'd go either Conflicted or Tormented depending on how bothered he is by his secret personally.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 20th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Symbiotic

Now I think about it, he does kinda lose his mind for a bit over it, so probably worth going all-in and calling him Tormented.
Old December 20th, 2020, 01:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I feel like Tormented has a lot more room than just 'plagued by spirits' - for example, Tormented is what I was going to suggest when you do Zombie Spidey based on what I've heard of him, since it seems perfect there - but whether he's plagued by guilt enough for it to be considered 'torment', I don't know.

EDIT: 'd by Ronin answering my question. Tormented it is.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 20th, 2020, 03:03 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Oh, one thing I thought about. Would it be worth it to have him be a Mutate Charlatan that pretends to be a Mutant Celebrity? I just kinda like the theme that if his scandal is exposed he gets blacklisted from Hollywood along with the X-Men.

-Oh another thing I thought about, does him being next to Leech cause anything weird? Like technically his powers would be constantly flickering on and off right? So like if he's next to Leech and attacked do you have to do a D-20 roll off to see if if Precognitive Grappler is on for that attack before the regular D-20 roll?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 20th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Symbiotic

Hmm. Not that I don't like an excuse to make people Charlatans, but he does feel a little low grade as one? Like he's not passing himself off as a hero in the way the other Charlatans are.

Leech is a weird interaction though, yeah. Tough to see an elegant work-around there. Could do some keyword hackiness I guess, though that's kind of gross.

Edit: I guess you could also put Mutant on the card and have Passing turn him into a Mutate when he's outed - slightly less on theme, but it'd make the interaction with Leech more straightforward.
Old December 20th, 2020, 03:45 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Might be a bit odd, but could something like this work?
Quote:
PASSING FOR MUTANT
Spider-Man is considered to have the species of Mutant instead what is listed on this card. After taking a turn with Spider-Man, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1 or lower, or if this special power is ever negated, this special power is negated for the rest of the game.
(Probably a more elegant way to word it too, but I think that gets the point across.)

That kinda tells a story to me? Spidey messes up and accidentally uses his powers around Leech, blowing his cover. (Or gets mindwiped by Zatanna or hit with a truth serum arrow by Hawkeye or whatever.)
Old December 20th, 2020, 03:48 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Might be a bit odd, but could something like this work?
Quote:
PASSING FOR MUTANT
Spider-Man is considered to have the species of Mutant instead what is listed on this card. After taking a turn with Spider-Man, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1 or lower, or if this special power is ever negated, this special power is negated for the rest of the game.
(Probably a more elegant way to word it too, but I think that gets the point across.)

That kinda tells a story to me? Spidey messes up and accidentally uses his powers around Leech, blowing his cover. (Or gets mindwiped by Zatanna or hit with a truth serum arrow by Hawkeye or whatever.)
That's a cool approach! I can imagine him blowing his cover by using his powers when he shouldn't be able to.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library