Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Which RotV squad would you make common?
Tarn Viking Warriors 27 36.99%
Krav Maga Agents 5 6.85%
Marro Warriors 5 6.85%
Zettian Guards 28 38.36%
Izumi Samurai 6 8.22%
Airborne Elite 2 2.74%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 6th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!
what RotV squad would YOU make common?

I was thinking about the master set, and I have always been a little annoyed that all the squads are unique (because I have a few sets). I was wondering, which squad would YOU make common?

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old February 6th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: what RotV squad would YOU make common?

Zettians and the Tarns.
Old February 6th, 2011, 03:59 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Izume, Zetian & Tarn. The rest would be too powerful.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:01 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Krav

Old February 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Tarn and Zettian, yeah. And although I wouldn't make the airborne elite common, I'd have liked a common WWII squad.
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmmmm...

Marro warriors would be epically amazing at 50 points for a regenerating 4-man squad.

Krav would become unstoppable. Imagine an army of 4 squads of krav and raelin!

Airborne?

"OK! Let me drop my... uh... 20 airbornes! Uhhhhhh....

Here... and here.... and here.... and here....

NO! NO! I TAKE THAT BACK!!!! NO!!! uhhhhh..... Here.... and here....

no, wait. Here.... and uhhh..... how about there- no wait- uh...

Here! And here- wait- here... And uhhhh.... Here!

There! Just 3 more squads."

<opponent smashes his face against table repeatedly>

That would be a 4-man ranged squad that would take the best field position and benifit from that. 4 squads would be 540 points wrapped in bacon. I could also see 3 squads and some rats- 450 points. Drop a rat for raelin and you have a nice 530 point army.

Zettians and izumis would be more playable. The izumis, though, wouldn't fit into a nice army. Seriously, paying 200 points just so you don't have to dump OMs on them?

Zettians would be OK. They might even bring back Mr. 9000. (Every tournament would have a famous story of an epic deathwalker roll- I've even had a nagrub kill my 8,000.)

Tarns, though, might be a little better. Although they would just be replaced by romans and sacred bands.

I'm going to have to say the izumis. They are the only ones with bonding and major synergy. And admittedly, A few squads of ashigarus and them along with kato are O.K.

So most figures would be either replaced or broken if they were made common- Izumis can nicely fit between those two extremes.

Last edited by Robber; February 6th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:20 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Tarns would be cool to have as commons. Due to their Frenzy~esqe power, they can make heavy hitting, and maybe quick, soldiers. If it worked for Vipers, it'll work for the Tarns(who actually CAN defend themselves).

I still wouldn't change them however, otherwise I wouldn't be able to use them as commons

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 10th, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

I think that all of the RotV Squads are Unique for a reason - theywould be far, far too powerful en masse. Sure, maybe two Squads of Tarn Viking Warriors instead of one might be cool but since they're Common who's to say I can't draft eight Squads of Tarns? Then I could literally dominate the board.

The Krav's and Airborne Elite are totally out of the picture for Common. Are you kidding? They're threatening enough as they are when they're Unique, but we don't need 10 Squads of the AE dropping a screen in the middle of the board or a whole army of 10 Krav's dodging their way up to wreck their opponent's army.

The RotV Squads are Unique because, while not incredibly powerful, they are dangerous in their own right, and it would be unreasonable and not even that much fun to steamroll through an opponent's army with too many of these Squads.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Somebody chose the Krav?
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Zettians are the best choice, imo. They're priced well to be common, and their Targetting would receive a big boost if you were able to field more than one squad.

Tarns would be good as commons, but maybe a little too good for their price-they might deserve a bump to 60 points if they were changed.

Izumi could benefit from common status as well, and it would be nice to have a common melee squad to complement the TSA.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Somebody chose the Krav?
That's insane! The Krav Maga Agents can not and should not and will not become a Common Squad! It is simply unthinkable! There's a reason why they were labeled Unique! Who are we to play Craig Van Ness?

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Somebody chose the Krav?
That's insane! The Krav Maga Agents can not and should not and will not become a Common Squad! It is simply unthinkable! There's a reason why they were labeled Unique! Who are we to play Craig Van Ness?
LordEsenwein probably did it as a joke. Note his post:

quote by LordEsenweinIV:

The Krav

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion