Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old September 21st, 2009, 07:26 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Turtle Strategy Units

I had to face the Taelord, Raelin, and Omnicron Snipers combo once with a height disadvantage. Taelord is definately not overpriced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Yarish, I think that when most people use the term "Turtling" they mean it in the way you use the term "Camping." At least that is what I take it to mean.
Turtling is slowly creeping forward. You can still gain ground while maintaining the advantage of being the defender.

Camping is just entrenching yourself in a certain spot. I think it's ridiculous that people complain about camping in games though, especially in FPS's. I'm the douche bag who sets up his MG42 outside your spawn. Anybody who would refuse to take that advantage (unless the teams are uneven) is a fool.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; September 21st, 2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:02 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Camping is just entrenching yourself in a certain spot. I think it's ridiculous that people complain about camping in games though, especially in FPS's. I'm the douche bag who sets up his MG42 outside your spawn. Anybody who would refuse to take that advantage (unless the teams are uneven) is a fool.
Your awesome dude.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaish View Post
Turtling I see as having a defense heavy army, . . . .
Having a defense heavy army is not turtleing, it's just having a defense heavy army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Turtling is slowly creeping forward. You can still gain ground while maintaining the advantage of being the defender.
Nope, not turtleing either. I beleive we call that Steamrolling.

Turtleing is entreaching your forces in a defensable position and forcing your opponent to bring the battle to you. It's retreating into your shell, and that's how it's defined in every other game I know of.

As far as units that are good at it, as a few other people have said go with Vydar Range or basically anything else with a range of 7 or more. Personally I don't like turtling as a basic gameplan. However I have no problems doing it midgame after victory point parity has been broken.

Edit: Methinks we need to put together a heroscapers.com dictionary so we're all on the same page when we're talking about this kind of thing.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:07 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
Raelin and swarms of Deathreavers is the epitome of turtleship. Little to no offensive power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
I don't think Rats really turtle at all - they pretty much just charge you. They happen to have 4 defense at 10 points per figure and can move without OM's - I don't think that's turtling, though.
Bringing back a comment on the first page, I have to disagree. They have the strongest staying power out there along with the weakest offensive power. Put all OMs on your rats and don't even move them. I didn't say it was a good army, but it is probably the turtliest thing I can think of.
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
Would the vikings be a good squad to use in a turtle maneuver? Just a thought, in defense of the anti-turtle faction, you may want to research the battle of Cannae (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_cannae) in which the turtle concept went horribly wrong.
The Romans didn't turtle at Cannae. They advanced into the inverted wedge and got themselves surrounded.

Pickett's Charge at the conclusion of the battle of Gettysburg is a good example where the turtle concept went horribly right.
Neato.

"You must spread some repuation around before giving it to dok again."
Old September 21st, 2009, 09:28 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Turtling....Hmm, I see a few ways that you can break up any turtle....

Well, actually it depends on what kind of turtle figures you're talkin about.

Now, if you have yourself an enemy with height advantage, and range, well, that is just a lil piece of crap. At the point of viewing that, your best bet is to have units with flight capabilities (EI, anyone? Very powerful double strike potential that can move fast and break off just as fast). The EI can sweep in and devastate a troop of piddly 4th, even if they have height, for they won't have height once you get there with the EI. Plus Raelin's little defense boost can't hold out forever against a double strike (Unless you just have no luck with the dice, then God bless your soul).

Another good unit to disrupt a turtle would be the Minions of Utgar, for with a flying ability (Even though they have a movement of four), they can make their way to the enemy (The defense of 4 does help against those damage heavy ranged units). With a deadly strike capability, and the low amount of dice you get to role (2 dice, and if you get double skulls (On Attack roll, of course) then you have a nice hit of four, and that means the turtle and Raelin have to get lucky to block). Yeh, MoU are good tanks for flying up and destroying those turtles......

Just my

I'm a F18, bro.
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:57 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

This question sort of fits in this thread.
What do you do in this situation?
I had kaemon on the only high place around. he was my only figure left. My friend had a few custom guys left wich were hanging just out of kaemons reach. If I move kaemon out he loses hight and gets killed. If my friend moved his guys to attack, they get killed with 6 attack.
We ended up calling it a draw.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:07 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
I had kaemon on the only high place around. he was my only figure left. My friend had a few custom guys left wich were hanging just out of kaemons reach. If I move kaemon out he loses hight and gets killed. If my friend moved his guys to attack, they get killed with 6 attack.
That's not really a turtle, more of an indecisive moment of unaction. Maybe you should have just ran Kaemon out there and risked your luck, for he is a solid figure.

I'm a F18, bro.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:11 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

A TSA/Raelin brick is very good for turtling against melee armies.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Edit: Methinks we need to put together a heroscapers.com dictionary so we're all on the same page when we're talking about this kind of thing.
I like this idea, a lot.

EDIT: Don't know what happened, but my com froze up. Sorry for the weird post .

Last edited by KCU Master 2007; September 21st, 2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:18 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Camping is just entrenching yourself in a certain spot. I think it's ridiculous that people complain about camping in games though, especially in FPS's. I'm the douche bag who sets up his MG42 outside your spawn.
At least you're not self-delusional.
Old September 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Yeah! I'm Here View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
That's not really a turtle, more of an indecisive moment of unaction. Maybe you should have just ran Kaemon out there and risked your luck, for he is a solid figure.
I think he only had 1-2 life, and one enemy figure had 4-life and 6 defense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units